PDA

View Full Version : Money saving idea for the campaign

slamhead
01-15-2012, 09:46 PM
I don't know how much direct mailing cost the campaign and I am not talking about election literature, but I would think it would be cost effective for the campaign when given an email address of a supporter does not have to follow nor solicit additional donations via direct mail. I received a letter from the campaign in my mailbox today and I was thinking they could save money by having a choice when donating to select "Electronic correspondence prefered", and explain that this would save the campaign U.S. postal mailing cost.

Nate-ForLiberty
01-15-2012, 09:52 PM
great idea!

brushfire
01-15-2012, 09:57 PM
I like that idea too

Mckarnin
01-15-2012, 10:00 PM
I don't know how much direct mailing cost the campaign and I am not talking about election literature, but I would think it would be cost effective for the campaign when given an email address of a supporter does not have to follow nor solicit additional donations via direct mail. I received a letter from the campaign in my mailbox today and I was thinking they could save money by having a choice when donating to select "Electronic correspondence prefered", and explain that this would save the campaign U.S. postal mailing cost.

I agree. I get a paper mailing from them every month or two and I would much rather read what they have to say online.

All Ways
01-15-2012, 10:34 PM
I've been getting a lot of mail, and wish they would let me opt out. My vote WILL NOT GO TO ANYONE ELSE, any mail I receive is just a waste.

but anecdotal: in the third piece of mail I received a bumper sticker, and on that same day my have was being inspected regarding an appraisal from the town. This gentleman noticed the RP stickers on my vehicles and he started the conversation he said he wouldn't be engaging in, we talked for a few and he asked me if I had a spare. If it weren't for that piece of mail with an enclosed bumper sticker that I received just hours before he showed I couldn't have given it.

He turned out to be an oath keeper, but what were the chances I tell you it was a good lucky day.

ZanZibar
01-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Those letters more than pay for themselves. It's nothing to worry about once you understand the economics of direct-mail fundraising.

economics102
01-16-2012, 12:58 AM
I'm not a marketing guru but my guess is it's not worth it. If you provide an option like that and even 1% of the non-hardcore supporters opt out of direct mailings, that's a much worse result than whatever money they saved by not mailing to us.

But maybe an opt-out option for all supporters who have been members of RPF since 2007? :)