PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth getting a six-pack now for the money bomb?

Zydeco
11-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Is anyone else drinking tonight to stay up and watch the first few hours of the money bomb? I can't decide if it's going to be worth it or not.

beerista
11-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Is anyone else drinking tonight to stay up and watch the first few hours of the money bomb? I can't decide if it's going to be worth it or not.

Well, as long as I'm going to be drinking and staying up late anyway, I may as well check it out. :D

RPFTW!
11-10-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm not expecting much I'll be happy with 200,000 - 400,000 dollars, It would be a huge surprise if it made any more than that. I'd save that 6pack for Dec 16th.

Jobarra
11-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Since I'll be trying to stress the server, I'll be donating tomorrow evening. Not much, maybe like $20. Saving whatever I can for Dec 16th.

michaelwise
11-10-2007, 07:04 PM
Well, as long as I'm going to be drinking and staying up late anyway, I may as well check it out. :DI predict 2 million this time around, but if Peter Shiff's clients take this opportunity to donate, you know the wealthier clientèle, who knows. I 'm staying up late and pounding a few myself, just to see what happens.

fcofer
11-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Nah, I'm donating at midnight... :) I encourage everyone else to do so as well, because Dr. Paul is going to be doing a live interview tomorrow, and we want the donations to be high by the time he's being interviewed.

Zydeco, go get your beer. We'll take a drink together for every $10,000 that's raised after midnight. Hopefully, we'll be hammered by 1:30 at the latest. :)

Zydeco
11-10-2007, 07:10 PM
OK, I got enough yeses, off to the bodega

beerista
11-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Nah, I'm donating at midnight... :) I encourage everyone else to do so as well, because Dr. Paul is going to be doing a live interview tomorrow, and we want the donations to be high by the time he's being interviewed.

Zydeco, go get your beer. We'll take a drink together for every $10,000 that's raised after midnight. Hopefully, we'll be hammered by 1:30 at the latest. :)

Okay, I'll probably watch until about 1 or 1:30 Mountain Time. Got any good numerical drinking game ideas for the first hour or so? Or perhaps name-related as we watch them go by on the ticker?

Zydeco
11-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Okay, I'll probably watch until about 1 or 1:30 Mountain Time. Got any good numerical drinking game ideas for the first hour or so? Or perhaps name-related as we watch them go by on the ticker?

OK, 6-pack of 16-0z Miller Lite talls here and one Large Sapporo if it becomes necessary.

I will chug one Miller Tall if we hit 100K by 12:30 AM

Josh
11-10-2007, 07:45 PM
i have a 6er of stella sitting in the fridge that i'll enjoy over the first couple of hours.

ItsTime
11-10-2007, 07:46 PM
I dont need a reason to drink I am the Libertarian Ted Kennedy

Richandler
11-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Hey, oh, what, would you look at that. There just happens to be beer in the fridge, oh, I wonder how that got there. Freedom.

Zydeco
11-10-2007, 07:49 PM
How about this for a drinking game: anytime a donor named "Ron" or "Paul" flashes on the screen we have to drink...and if "BEN BERNANKE, POTOMAC, MD" comes up, we have to CHUG

fcofer
11-10-2007, 08:21 PM
I dont need a reason to drink I am the Libertarian Ted Kennedy

LOL :D

I like the idea of drinking on Ron or Paul. It's going to be whiskey shots here, though.

Cindy
11-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Hubby and I will be dropping hundreds in the store after twelve midnight on Lawn signs for a Paint the town Ron here.

I want to be a first leg on this money bomb. I hope when people wake up tommorw they see a huge spike.

I'm really hoping we break 10 million for the quarter by the end of tommorow.

fcofer
11-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Honestly, I will be pleased if we do better than $500k tomorrow. Remember how hard that first $500k was at the end of last quarter? I know that we have gotten some more support in the last month, but it was the hardest of the hardcore donating then. So, I'm not getting my hopes up above few hundred grand tomorrow...

...but then again, Nov. 5th floored me. I figured we would rake in 1.2 million, tops. :)

Zydeco
11-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Honestly, I will be pleased if we do better than $500k tomorrow. Remember how hard that first $500k was at the end of last quarter? I know that we have gotten some more support in the last month, but it was the hardest of the hardcore donating then. So, I'm not getting my hopes up above few hundred grand tomorrow...

...but then again, Nov. 5th floored me. I figured we would rake in 1.2 million, tops. :)

I guessed $1.8 million for Nov. 5th and boy was I surprised.

Won't make that mistake again. We had $21,000 NEW donors alone on Nov. 5th and they're probably stoked to donate again. I'm guessing $2 mil tomorrow.

Which will leave media scribblers wondering...

Cindy
11-10-2007, 08:37 PM

Statistics after the 5th showed that only 1.9 % of Ron Paul supporters have maxed out.

A lot still have something to give, even if it's just $10. and I think we all know that we have to keep the momentum up and respectable, especially after some of the media called the one on the 5th a fluke. 1 million at least will be very respectable so soon after the 5th. I am hoping for much more then that though.

Jimmy
11-10-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm not expecting much I'll be happy with 200,000 - 400,000 dollars, It would be a huge surprise if it made any more than that. I'd save that 6pack for Dec 16th.

Six pack hell...gonna need a few cases for the Dec. 16
:D

fcofer
11-10-2007, 08:46 PM
I guessed $1.8 million for Nov. 5th and boy was I surprised.

Won't make that mistake again. We had $21,000 NEW donors alone on Nov. 5th and they're probably stoked to donate again. I'm guessing $2 mil tomorrow.

Which will leave media scribblers wondering...

I hope that you're right!!

I can't say how happy the 5th made me. I was really getting depressed with the $35k days -- the money bomb absolutely re-energized me and restored me to confidence that RP will win.

I was going to buy more signs tomorrow in preparation for the sign bomb, like you, Cindi. However, does anyone know how the accounting works for purchases from the campaign store? Does the money get added directly to the counter, or does it go in later as offline donations?

I might buy the signs from somewhere else and just donate directly so that the mini-bomb does better.

Zydeco
11-10-2007, 08:49 PM
fcofer, that is a kickass quote on your signature...I know a few of my compatriots I'd like to fwd that to

Ron Paul Fan
11-10-2007, 08:52 PM
November 5th was the morale boosts of all morale boosts! I think people were questioning whether we could raise the goal of $12 million after we fell short of the October goal. There is now a sense of confidence and optimism that is spreading around the country. We see Ron Paul rising in the polls. We see the media, especially CNN, covering Ron Paul more often. We are now confident that we can raise much more than the $12 million goal and that November 5th will be puny compared to December 16th. Tomorrow there is a reason to be optimistic! We can get a million in honor of our veterans tomorrow! Who knows what are limits are for tomorrow and that's the beauty of the revolution!

michaelwise
11-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Just think of all the lazy supporters out there who missed the first monyebomb, saw it on TV, and will want to be included in this one. I feel very proud of myself for helping cause all the hoopla this week.

hellah10
11-10-2007, 08:59 PM
i'll be happy if we can get half a million... i think alot of people are kinda holding off till the Tea Party

expendable income is not available all that much....people living paycheck to paycheck...up to their neck in debt

fcofer
11-10-2007, 09:15 PM
fcofer, that is a kickass quote on your signature...I know a few of my compatriots I'd like to fwd that to

Thanks, Zydeco. You're welcome to forward it around -- the copyright on it expired a few centuries ago. :)

I especially like the line, "May your chains sit lightly upon you." I figured that Ron Paul supporters would enjoy it.

Arklatex
11-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Donate At Midnight

monotony
11-10-2007, 09:45 PM
What i find absolutely amazing and encouraging is that even though it is an hour and a half before Nov 11th, we still had more donations today than we did this day last week. Our momentum has built like crazy.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that thought that after the Nov 5th bomb that everyone would be tapped out and donations would slow way down. And exactly the opposite happened. Nov 6th brought in more than a few of our previous weeks, and Nov 7th was the most aisde from the 6th and the 5th. We are gaining so many donors and supporters every day while every other campaign is losing momentum.

fcofer
11-10-2007, 09:54 PM
We are gaining so many donors and supporters every day while every other campaign is losing momentum.

Haha to the lurkers -- numbers don't lie!

couvi
11-10-2007, 09:59 PM
I've got 50 or 60 beers in the fridge--I'm set. If only I had another Ron Paul fanatic to share them with....

All of this college football, and then a Ron Paul money bomb--doesn't get any better than that!

couvi
11-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Zydeco...I assume you are a fan of the music. I've recently been introduced to it (cajun family), what are some of your favorite artists/albums?

justinc.1089
11-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Hey, oh, what, would you look at that. There just happens to be beer in the fridge, oh, I wonder how that got there. Freedom.

Don't worry soon Giulianton will take care of that dangerous threat to our safety!:D

Beer causes people to hurt people in many different ways so we must outlaw it again, along with butter too like in Vendetta lol!:D

I'm going to say we will do $1.5 million.

I just don't see us going under a million with all the media attention we have been getting lately. I'm sure the majority of the grassroots, or at least a significant portion of it have found out about tomorrow, and I think we have had a little media coverage of this too haven't we?

Zydeco
11-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Zydeco...I assume you are a fan of the music. I've recently been introduced to it (cajun family), what are some of your favorite artists/albums?

Hate to say it but my handle is completely random...I have no idea why I chose it...right now I'm listening to Big Country's album "The Crossing"

Cowlesy
11-10-2007, 10:24 PM
I almost wish I wasn't part of the 1.9% as I want to throw a damn money bomb.

I'm hoping for $150k tomorrow so Ron can have a giant smile across his face on Face the Nation, and for December 16th to wake this country up.

beerista
11-10-2007, 10:26 PM
How about this for a drinking game: anytime a donor named "Ron" or "Paul" flashes on the screen we have to drink...and if "BEN BERNANKE, POTOMAC, MD" comes up, we have to CHUG

The "Ron" and "Paul" part sounds good. But if I see "Ben Bernanke" I'm chugging the rest of my 12 pack. :eek: For that matter, same goes if I see the name "Greenspan."

By the way, I'll be sporting "90 Shilling" ale from one of the world's finest breweries, O'Dell Brewing Company (NOT to be confused with O'Doul's). If you are a beerista and you have the chance, you must get ahold of anything from that brewery. They rock!

I've got 50 or 60 beers in the fridge--I'm set. If only I had another Ron Paul fanatic to share them with....
All of this college football, and then a Ron Paul money bomb--doesn't get any better than that!
I'm here for you, man.

Paul4Prez
11-10-2007, 10:32 PM
The 11th will definitely be worth a six-pack. I'd put the over/under at $450K. I suspect that the average donation will be a bit higher tomorrow than on the 5th, because we might have some big-money types who were skeptical until this week.

As for December 16th, buy a nice bottle of champagne (or the beverage of your choice), and save it for then.

But save the really good stuff for the primaries in January....

Paul4Prez
11-10-2007, 10:34 PM
In addition to donors named "Ron" or "Paul" (first name or last name), throw in donors named "Jefferson" or "Washington" or "Franklin" or "Adams", first or last name, as well as anyone from towns or states with those names.

fcofer
11-10-2007, 10:38 PM
In addition to donors named "Ron" or "Paul" (first name or last name), throw in donors named "Jefferson" or "Washington" or "Franklin" or "Adams", first or last name, as well as anyone from towns or states with those names.

Ummm, we want to avoid alcohol poisoning. :)

fcofer
11-10-2007, 10:39 PM
On that note, I'm going to start mixing up a drink in preparation for midnight.

Zydeco
11-10-2007, 10:40 PM

Excellent...I am ready for this! But we need to toss in "Madison" too y'know! That one shoulda been first! :cool:

beerista
11-10-2007, 11:46 PM

Why, Paul4Prez, are you trying to get me drunk? :D

Zydeco
11-10-2007, 11:48 PM
HOLY SH*T! BERNANKE JUST DONATED TO PAUL!!!!

Just kidding...wanted an excuse to chug a 16 oz

beerista
11-11-2007, 12:58 AM
HOLY SH*T! BERNANKE JUST DONATED TO PAUL!!!!

Just kidding...wanted an excuse to chug a 16 oz

Who needs an excuse?