PDA

View Full Version : Interesting figures on CNN

billjarrett
11-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Not a Ron Paul story per se, but he seems to be the only candidate that realizes the economic issues our country faces right now. That would be the #1 reason I started to support him, because all the other candidates on both sides don't really seem to say much about the topic, and if they do they seem to say the economy is doing ok.

Heres the interesting stat:
Most Important Issue in Your Vote for President
Sampling Error +/- 4.5% November 2-4

Economy 29%
Iraq 28%
Health Care 18%
Terrorism 12%
Immigration 10%

So, now exactly why do we get debates filled with health care, immigration, and terrorism? It doesn't really look like thats what the average American wants to talk about.

constitutional
11-10-2007, 06:25 PM
All the other candidates lack knowledge on economic issues. Here is a question that was asked at one of the debates:

"Will London replace New York as the economic center of the world?"

Rudy and other candidates: NO NEVER, NO AS LONG AS I BECOME THE PRESIDENT. IMPOSSIBLE. NAH NAH, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN BABY. THIS IS USA! Our economy is sound and strong. It can never happen!

Yes, lame answers but people buy into it. :(

MsDoodahs
11-10-2007, 06:27 PM
All the other candidates lack knowledge.

"Will London replace New York as the economic center of the world?"

Rudy and other candidates: NO NEVER, NO AS LONG AS I BECOME THE PRESIDENT. IMPOSSIBLE. NAH NAH, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN BABY. THIS IS USA!

Exactly.

Ron Paul Fan
11-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Yep. Romney said to improve the economy, we have to be optimistic about the future! That will solve all of our problems!

Paulitician
11-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Yep. Romney said to improve the economy, we have to be optimistic about the future! That will solve all of our problems!
Yeah, it's pretty pathetic. But I got hope yesterday because I was watching PBS, NBC and ABC and the message about the ecomony was pretty much the same: we're living behind our means, the dollar is going down, hard times afoot etc. Everything Ron Paul has been saying is true, all it took was Ben Bernake to admit we're in bad shape. Hopefully people connect the dots, but I'm afraid not too many people even know about Ron Paul, and the media won't admit that Ron Paul has been correct the whole time.

Gimme Some Truth
11-10-2007, 06:38 PM
His economic issues is what 1st got me interested in Ron Paul. I knew nothing about his constitutional and liberty beliefs , nor his foreign policy beliefs. Could you imagine my surprise when i found out i agree with him on pretty much everything! :D

Some stuff initially i was like " hmmm hold on a minute Ron! " , then id listen abit more and be "wow that makes perfect sense " or "damn , that was obvious , why didnt i think of that"

TBH , i think thats one of the main stumbling blocks for would-be Paul supporters. They see a vote or a 1 line quote and come away with the wrong impression. Iv spent alot of my time repeating myself on youtube and other places basically saying "federal fundng" "forcing tax payers.." "states issue" , "thats his personal belief yes, but .."

People are used to candidates letting their personal beliefs become policy , so they paint Ron with the same brush. It takes a while for it to all sink in.

I have to say that i have learnt far more from Ron Paul (and from others ,like Milton Friedman and Mises , as a result of finding Paul) than I did from 19 years of education. Far FAR more.

Gimme Some Truth
11-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Not a Ron Paul story per se, but he seems to be the only candidate that realizes the economic issues our country faces right now. That would be the #1 reason I started to support him, because all the other candidates on both sides don't really seem to say much about the topic, and if they do they seem to say the economy is doing ok.

Heres the interesting stat:
Most Important Issue in Your Vote for President
Sampling Error +/- 4.5% November 2-4

Economy 29%
Iraq 28%
Health Care 18%
Terrorism 12%
Immigration 10%

So, now exactly why do we get debates filled with health care, immigration, and terrorism? It doesn't really look like thats what the average American wants to talk about.

The one debate that centered around economics pretty much completely ignored Ron Paul aswell :mad: . It was the worst debate imo. Definitely the most frustrating to watch.

billjarrett
11-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Just to dig this back out again, it's on CNN again, followed by a new graph now.

Economy is:

To Clinton supporters:
Extremely Important : 61%
Very Important: 51%
Moderate or Not Important: 38%

To Giuliani supporters:
Extremely Important: 34%
Very Important: 46%
Moderate or Not Important: 52%

This kinda amazes me, because I don't think I've heard Hillary really with a plan for the economy. It's beginning to look like economy is going to be the big issue of this campaign, and I only know of one guy who has been trying to talk about it :D

billjarrett
11-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Disappointed about last segment on CNN. Discussed how Hillary and Giuliani have no new real plans for economy. Said Hillary would raise taxes to fix it. Said if Giuliani was in the whitehouse, Dems would force him to increase taxes or let Bush's tax cuts expire. Once again, no coverage of a plan that would fix it.

TAWAY07
11-11-2007, 02:26 PM
I think now and for the next year, the economy and the war are RPs biggest wins. People are starting to hurt from the last credit bubble (especially in the Cali), and people want our troops back.

I am thinking about doing a sign on my car window saying (something to the effect of): New hope: bring our troops home, save our economy. YouTube Ron Paul.