PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Bill Maher Admits his Audience is Filled with 'Brainwashed Liberals'...

Sentient Void
01-15-2012, 03:04 PM
In other news, water is wet, and the sun is very hot.

http://www.breitbart.tv/bill-maher-admits-his-audience-are-brainwashed-liberals/

(video is in the link, since it's not a youtube).

heavenlyboy34
01-15-2012, 03:14 PM
First, I got the impression that he was joking about that. It was in the context of only getting a bit of applause because the audience was waiting for more. Second, I hate how the word "liberal" is misused, abused, and bastardized in this country. :p RP is more of a true liberal (in the tradition of Mises) than Maher could ever hope to be.

Seraphim
01-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Yep.

First, I got the impression that he was joking about that. It was in the context of only getting a bit of applause because the audience was waiting for more. Second, I hate how the word "liberal" is misused, abused, and bastardized in this country. :p RP is more of a true liberal (in the tradition of Mises) than Maher could ever hope to be.

Sentient Void
01-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Agreed on the use of the word 'liberal'. Absolutely.

Though, I really don't think it was as much of a joke as you think it is. Bill was talking about how RP's foreign policy views are closer to his and makes more sense than barack Obama, then essentially insinuated that 'liberals' support Obama because they're brainwashed.

And while I agree about the misuse of the term 'liberal'... in discussions it's unfortunately a semantic debate, I think. As how so many people now understand the word 'liberal' to mean, it's an accurate term (again, unfortunately).

Jtorsella
01-15-2012, 03:45 PM
My favorite Bill Maher audience moment was with Christopher Hitchens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HECI4QK_mXA
I don't agree with what Hitchens is saying here, but he's hilarious.

Seraphim
01-15-2012, 03:48 PM
I'll be honest with you...like him or not...The fact that Maher openly stated that he much prefers RP's Foreign Policy over Obama's, is...huge.

If someone like Maher can be unlocked into seeing economics and free market ideas more accurately - he could be a powerful ally. His media influence is substantial enough that it could make a big difference.

Dianne
01-15-2012, 03:52 PM
I know Maher and Stewart sometimes get beaten about the head and neck in these forums; but I really do like both of them very much. They do play to a liberal audience; but Ron Paul has a special place in both their hearts; and especially Stewart, has done a lot to bring some unhappy democrats our way. Between you, me and the lamp post; I would not be a bit surprised to learn they are voting for Ron Paul, although they could never admit it.

Seraphim
01-15-2012, 03:58 PM
MAKE THEM admit it. "Support Ron Paul, and openly campaign for him or I stop watching".

Their salaries are paid by advertizers. Less viewers= show gets cancelled.

I know Maher and Stewart sometimes get beaten about the head and neck in these forums; but I really do like both of them very much. They do play to a liberal audience; but Ron Paul has a special place in both their hearts; and especially Stewart, has done a lot to bring some unhappy democrats our way. Between you, me and the lamp post; I would not be a bit surprised to learn they are voting for Ron Paul, although they could never admit it.

moderate libertarian
01-15-2012, 04:22 PM
Maher may have been brainwashed pro war liberal himself in past but some signs of him coming around lately.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?350907-Maher-Ron-Paul-‘is-in-my-heart-more-on-foreign-affairs’-than-Obama&p=4026688&viewfull=1#post4026688