PDA

View Full Version : Can we get a banner or something reminding everyone that ALL post titles are Tweeted ?

DisabledVet
01-15-2012, 02:47 PM
I've been a member of the forums for quite a while and while I don't have thousands of posts i am here multiple times a day and have just recently heard that every thread title is being tweeted...

I've see quite a bit of post titles that aren't favorable to the good Dr. simply because of semantics.

Can we get a banner up by the Moneybomb logo to remind new posters of this? :)

KingNothing
01-15-2012, 02:50 PM
It's amazing to me that people with hundreds or thousands of posts put negative phrases in subject lines for no real reason.

I just don't get it.

RonPaulFever
01-15-2012, 03:01 PM
This place has turned into a sewer. In 07-08 this forum was AMAZING....now it's basically a Ron Paul Fan Forum where throngs of idiots make countless threads about every stupid thing that crosses their minds.

IterTemporis
01-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Can someone show me the proof that they are? There was a thread on this very issue, and we found 2 of them that do it, and I remember looking at the tweets of one of the usernames and it wasn't ALL of the tweets, it was only a select thread here and there.

F3d
01-15-2012, 03:18 PM
In 07-08 this forum was AMAZING....

I know. I'm an '07erhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance008.gif

CasualApathy
01-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Weee 07'er circlejerk!

Edward
01-15-2012, 03:27 PM
In 07-08 this forum was AMAZING....

Ah, the good ol' days. I can say I remember when the federal debt was less than $10 trillion.

lucent
01-15-2012, 03:28 PM
This place has turned into a sewer. In 07-08 this forum was AMAZING....now it's basically a Ron Paul Fan Forum where throngs of idiots make countless threads about every stupid thing that crosses their minds.

I blame the moderators who refuse to tighten their control.

low preference guy
01-15-2012, 03:29 PM
i think it's irrelevant that they are tweeted. a lot of stuff is tweeted.

Monotaur
01-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Uhm, where are they being tweeted? This is news to me.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-15-2012, 03:34 PM
i think it's irrelevant that they are tweeted. a lot of stuff is tweeted.

Memes are relevant and powerful. Everything that rolls across a persons field of vision gets stored in the subconscious, which does the thinking for our actions when we are not actively cognizent of what we are doing/saying nor why we are doing/saying it.

CasualApathy
01-15-2012, 03:36 PM
About the "good ol' days" though, I think the moneybombs were the major game changer. Before we had our first major money bomb, people were doing all kinds of creative things to spread the message, because we knew we had to rely on ourselves alone pretty much in supporting Paul. Then a lot of people decided that the best way they could spend their time was promoting moneybombs, which are vital, but also represented a shift in our thinking and activism I believe, as we came to rely more on directly supporting the campaign financially and then just kinda sitting back and going "well, I did my part - time to complain about the official campaign being 'badly run' and mock anyone doing anything else but promoting moneybombs as wasting their time"

ShaneEnochs
01-15-2012, 03:57 PM

Whoo, that there is some strong language.

Kharan
01-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Seems like this topic comes up constantly, can we just not Tweet every thread title? Seems like that just invites problems. I remain conscious of it when I post threads, but not everyone will see the message or heed the notice. Perhaps when you are making a thread, code in a notice next to, under, or above the title box?

heavenlyboy34
01-16-2012, 04:05 PM
This place has turned into a sewer. In 07-08 this forum was AMAZING....now it's basically a Ron Paul Fan Forum where throngs of idiots make countless threads about every stupid thing that crosses their minds.I was here in '08. It's true that things are different, but the topics for discussion have broadened a lot. We have a number of sub-forums that didn't exist before. The general politics and Liberty forest forums are more or less the same as before, minus some banned members.

Tod
01-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Are you sure they ALL are????

I think just the ones in the center column of the home page are, and here's why:

https://twitter.com/#!/RonPaulForums