PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Donations

dagnybell
01-15-2012, 12:02 PM
Hi all,

I've been really frustrated during money bombs lately because I'm not in a position financially to give more. Four years ago, my husband and I were in a much better position and we were able to donate $500 at a time. This time around it's tough coming up with $20.12 for each money bomb.

But, this morning I've realized something. While it is difficult to come up with more that $20 or so at any given time given our budget, I probably could spare $10-$20 each week. So, I've decided to try to donate what I can each Friday, even if it's only $5 instead of waiting for money bombs. (I know I could set aside $ in a "Ron Paul savings account" and save it up for money bombs, but it seems a lot more realistic to me to just donate it as I go.)

Anyway, I'm sharing these thoughts in case it might inspire others with low funds to consider doing the same. :-)

Oh, and BTW...

Thank you for your generous donation!

Amount: $20.12

Transaction ID:332349355

Transaction date/time: 2012-01-15 11:59:59

Lucille
01-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Every little bit helps, and a steady stream of donations is important. +rep

Things are much tighter for us this time around too. The Ben Bernank is going to destroy us all. Speaking of which, does Mandate Mitt Romneycare still maintain that Bernanke's doing "a good job?" Or has he flip-flopped on that also?

KCIndy
01-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Dagnybell, great job!

I understand your frustration, things have been a LOT tighter for me this cycle compared to '07-'08 as well. But everything helps, even five or ten bucks. It really does.

Big ol' +Rep! :)

TexMac
01-15-2012, 12:13 PM
+Rep, as long as everyone does what they can, it's all good! Another way is to grow the base - go out and get new people to donate!