PDA

View Full Version : Ron needs to be prepared for the following possible gotcha ?'s at the FOX debate...

pulp8721
01-15-2012, 11:00 AM
1) Congressman Paul, as you know today is MLK day, but according to your voting record you voted against making a federal holiday in honor of DR. King, do you think it should still stand, if you become president?

2) He also needs to be prepared to take flack for his "emphasize with Iran" comment last week. I'm sorry, but as soon as I heard that I knew FOX and Breitbart would make it a headline.

sailingaway
01-15-2012, 11:02 AM
I think he voted for MLK day, actually.

GraspingForPeace
01-15-2012, 11:02 AM
2) He also needs to be prepared to take flack for his "emphasize with Iran" comment last week. I'm sorry, but as soon as I heard that I knew FOX and Breitbart would make it a headline.

I think he may have said this on purpose so they DO bring this up during the next debate. It's no question that they are not going to ignore him and many of the questions will likely be fielded his way. I think Paul needs to stand up to people like Santorum that say the United States should take a hand in assassinating innocent people in foreign countries only because of where they work. How would we like it if Iran were doing the same?

thoughtomator
01-15-2012, 11:04 AM
He's got this attack solved. Simply segue into the madness of the drug war and how supporting it is the real racism problem in the country today. Minorities overwhelmingly agree.

pulp8721
01-15-2012, 11:08 AM
I think he voted for MLK day, actually.

Oh I know, but Sharpton was saying last week that he didn't vote for it. I feel if he does well then this will be the next line of attack the media uses.

DealzOnWheelz
01-15-2012, 11:31 AM
he did vote against it.

Oh I know, but Sharpton was saying last week that he didn't vote for it. I feel if he does well then this will be the next line of attack the media uses.

ShaneEnochs
01-15-2012, 12:32 PM
he did vote against it.

He voted against the second one.

He voted for an amendment or something that went on the first one. It never made it to the floor.

RPit
01-15-2012, 12:34 PM
You couldn't manage a newsletter how will you manage the executive office?

hueylong
01-15-2012, 12:35 PM
They won't use this in SC. It would help RP there.

musicmax
01-15-2012, 12:37 PM

THIS.

LisaNY
01-15-2012, 12:45 PM
They'll probably ask the empathy question, at which point Ron needs to tell the world this man was killed in a terrorist car bombing and we should all empathize with victims of terror, no matter which country they live in.

affa
01-15-2012, 01:13 PM
if i remember correctly he voted for it being a holiday, and against it being a paid holiday for federal employess, or something like that. in other words, he was voting against the concept of 'paid federal holiday', but in support of recognizing MLK. I did not, however, double check this... that's just if memory serves.

Cigaboo
01-15-2012, 01:15 PM
They may bring up that he didn't vote for t.he Civil Rights act

lucent
01-15-2012, 01:30 PM
What good does discussing this on a forum do? Go do something productive.

Uh, Ron Paul wasn't even around for the Civil Rights Act.

unknown
01-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Theyre gonna attack him every which way. How about some of these:

"I'm a Veteran. I care dearly about the lives of my fellow military. It is my duty to exhaust every possible option before sending my fellow Americans into harm's way."

"I am no dove but unlike everyone else here, I take my oath to the Constitution very seriously. If the American people and the Congress think we should go to war, they need to declare war so we can fight it, win it, end it and come home."

"They built up the war propaganda against Iraq the exact same way. Iraq had WMDs, they had ties to Al-Qaeda, they were an imminent threat. None of it was true and in the process, we lost 5,000 American lives, with tens of thousands handicapped, we now have a suicide epidemic in the military and our economy is on the verge of collapse because of it. I have too much respect for this great nation and our military to put them in harm's way unless absolutely necessary".

unknown
01-15-2012, 01:34 PM
What good does discussing this on a forum do? Go do something productive.

Good point. Maybe someone in the campaign will read it, print it and run it up to Dr. Paul for his immediate review?

Cant even phone from home today.

Guess we can donate some more and maybe goto Carolina?

Lets look for biased articles on the web and comment then contact the authors.

matt0611
01-15-2012, 01:35 PM

None of the candidates voted for the civil rights act...

socal
01-15-2012, 01:48 PM
He's got this attack solved. Simply segue into the madness of the drug war and how supporting it is the real racism problem in the country today. Minorities overwhelmingly agree.
The drug war is racist and so is the Federal Reserve (FR) system of fractional reserve lending and bailouts. I guess he should stick to the bank bailouts since they are unpopular and easier to explain. Plus some of RP's opponents supported the bailouts aka giveaways.

The money to bailout the banks went into the pockets of the bank bondholders and stockholders who would have taken a loss had they not been bailed out. The money to pay them either gets dumped on the present or future taxpayers by increasing the national debt, or more likely onto the poor, minorities, and middle class who will pay for it with higher prices for food, energy, and and other essentials, while their wages and benefits (social security) are held constant or nearly so. (The higher prices would be the result of quantitative easing or "money printing" to the tune of $2 trillion).

If he wanted to explain how the FR system exploits the lower and middle classes exclusive of the bailouts, he can explain how the big banks can get access to near zero interest rate credit and then use that money to speculate in higher yielding assets like Treasuries, stocks, and commodities. That drives up prices and supresses yields, and prevents savers from getting a fair return on their investments. This exploits the elderly and others on fixed incomes, who must now dip into principle to a greater extent in order to make ends meet.

Kandilynn
01-15-2012, 02:08 PM
I think they are going to point out his opposition to the Civil Rights Act to paint him as racist. Rand did that interview in NH (I think) and they started in on the Civil Rights Act and he tried to explain that it was about personal property and not having laws to dictate what would happen on your own property.

I would probably have focused on the free market being in place helps to weed out unscrupulous businesses. Boycotts and protests would have bankrupted businesses that had racist business practices, while more fair businesses would not only have gotten the patronage of the customers who were banned from the other businesses but also the patronage of people who disagreed with the discriminating businesses.

CaptainAmerica
01-15-2012, 02:12 PM
I think he may have said this on purpose so they DO bring this up during the next debate. It's no question that they are not going to ignore him and many of the questions will likely be fielded his way. I think Paul needs to stand up to people like Santorum that say the United States should take a hand in assassinating innocent people in foreign countries only because of where they work. How would we like it if Iran were doing the same?

Emphasize? or empathize?

Justinfrom1776
01-15-2012, 02:27 PM
If there is one thing I've learned about this man in the last 5 years, it's that he's always a step ahead of these goons. You can generally expect a brilliant answer from him. The only question is: Will he answer with something that will inspire us? or will he say something that will awaken those blue pillers who are still asleep?

nc4rp
01-15-2012, 02:30 PM
he only voted yes to move the date of MLK day

ShaneEnochs
01-15-2012, 02:31 PM
he only voted yes to move the date of MLK day

Which was an amendment. The bill itself never made it out of committee. When it came around again, he voted against it.

Kevin Smyth
01-15-2012, 02:33 PM
Ron Paul shouldn't repeat what he told the hot :o so hot :o Megyn Kelly the other day when he said that we should empathize with Iran over the killing of their nuclear scientist because it is terrorism and America opposes terrorism too. The typical South Carolina voter thinks that the killing of an Iranian nuclear scientist is a very good thing because they don't want Iran to get a nuke because them damn crazy Muslims is tryin' to kill us.

Paul or not at all
01-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Newt voted against it as well...

Kevin Smyth
01-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Voting or not voting for Martin Luther King day is an irrelevant issue to South Carolina voters. I doubt Fox News will even bring it up.

JJ2
01-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Newt voted against it as well...

So did McCain, who won SC and the nomination. So they better not try to paint it as just Ron.

Cigaboo
01-15-2012, 03:28 PM
None of the candidates voted for the civil rights act...

Sorry, you're right. I think I meant his opposition to the Civil Rights act :) It's a difficult position for the average person to understand, could fuel the baseless racist assertions.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-15-2012, 03:31 PM
if i remember correctly he voted for it being a holiday, and against it being a paid holiday for federal employess, or something like that. in other words, he was voting against the concept of 'paid federal holiday', but in support of recognizing MLK. I did not, however, double check this... that's just if memory serves.

This is what I remember being researched about it in the last election. This one is EASY for him to counter. He votes against ALL paid Federal holiday proposals is my understanding. There is no discrimination there in need of defending. He always speaks well of MLK when the topic comes up.

Mark37snj
01-15-2012, 04:45 PM

Ron should talk about how no one is asking about the scientist. What do you think would happen to this scientist and his family if he refused Iran when they told him to work on their nuclear program? So this scientist and his family would be detained, tortured, even killed if he did not do what Iran told him to do and he gets killed by whomever killed him because he did do what Iran told him to do. No win situaition for him but Santorum and the other constitutional flunkies never stop to consider the lives of the people who are affected by their positions, no consideration for those caught in the middle, all that matters is their agenda and dam everybody else.

No Free Beer
01-15-2012, 04:50 PM

Someone on this forum said it best, Ron should say:

"We are either fighting the War on Terror, or we are not."

Salvial
01-15-2012, 05:03 PM
"Ron has only passed one bill"

Ron endorses only the bills that restore and protect freedom.

List off commonsense examples: cut congressional pay bills, read the bills bills!, bills trying to figure out why the federal reserve can spend 14 trillion of new money without an audit bills!

Add!

Butchie
01-15-2012, 05:55 PM
How would we like it if Iran were doing the same?

I disagree, talk to a NeoCon, you and Ron don't understand that they have no empathy for people in the middle east and think America is better than everyone else and can do what it wants, so trying to use the "how would you like it" tactic won't work, they don't think in those terms.

Mark37snj
01-15-2012, 06:13 PM
I disagree, talk to a NeoCon, you and Ron don't understand that they have no empathy for people in the middle east and think America is better than everyone else and can do what it wants, so trying to use the "how would you like it" tactic won't work, they don't think in those terms.

Were not trying to convert NeoCons, they are a very small but vocal minority and a total lost cause, were trying to convert everyone else.

Butchie
01-15-2012, 09:24 PM
Were not trying to convert NeoCons, they are a very small but vocal minority and a total lost cause, were trying to convert everyone else.

For a small minority their boo's are pretty loud when Ron speaks, and their cheers are also pretty loud when someone does the "rah rah USA FTW! (except Israel)". I also know first hand since I was born and raised and am a recovering NeoCon myself, my whole town is Evangelical Christians and trust me, regardless of what alot them may say in public, at the dinner table they have the attitude of who cares if every last Muslim Arab died, trying to get empathy from them for 3rd world Arab nations has about as much chance as getting them to burn their Bibles, this stuff will be gold in the general, but for now I think he needs to play his cards right.

HOLLYWOOD
01-15-2012, 09:30 PM
You couldn't manage a newsletter how will you manage the executive office?That statement is on Twitter and it's the quote of the day going viral.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-15-2012, 09:41 PM
raysust newsletterz

olehounddog
01-15-2012, 09:44 PM
For a small minority their boo's are pretty loud when Ron speaks, and their cheers are also pretty loud when someone does the "rah rah USA FTW! (except Israel)". I also know first hand since I was born and raised and am a recovering NeoCon myself, my whole town is Evangelical Christians and trust me, regardless of what alot them may say in public, at the dinner table they have the attitude of who cares if every last Muslim Arab died, trying to get empathy from them for 3rd world Arab nations has about as much chance as getting them to burn their Bibles, this stuff will be gold in the general, but for now I think he needs to play his cards right.
imho Sounds like they may as well burn'um cause they sure ain't readin'um. But I know what you're saying.

socal
01-15-2012, 10:50 PM
Dr. Paul, recently there was a video made public that showed U.S. Marines relieving themselves on deceased Afghan Taliban fighters. Do you think these soldiers should face consequences for this act? And what is your opinion on whether or not Army reservist Jesse Thorsen should face charges for making a political statement while in uniform at one of your rallies, and who you handed the mic over to ? As you should know, that was a violation of military regulations as well.

Patrick Henry
01-15-2012, 10:53 PM
I was just going to post something similar about the marines urinating.
Dr. Paul, recently there was a video made public that showed U.S. Marines relieving themselves on deceased Afghan Taliban fighters. Do you think these soldiers should face consequences for this act? And what is your opinion on whether or not Army reservist Jesse Thorsen should face charges for making a political statement while in uniform at one of your rallies, and who you handed the mic over to ? As you should know, that was a violation of military regulations as well.

Paulitics 2011
01-15-2012, 11:59 PM
I was just going to post something similar about the marines urinating.

Easy - that's up to their chain of command.