PDA

View Full Version : Fox News S.C. Debate: An Idea!

No Free Beer
01-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Okay, so I don't know whether or not Fox will answer questions from Twitter during this next debate in South Carolina.

If they will, I have an idea.

Over the last couple of days, Rick Santorum has gone after Dr. Paul on the subject of life:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71435.html

This is an issue that can END Santorum's candidacy. No one is more pro-life than Dr. Paul. Dr. Paul could destroy Rick Santorum with a confrontation on this subject.

Well, this is our opportunity.

Usually the media will try and provoke an argument in a debate, but nothing is for sure, so it is up to us.

Well, we should all enter the same question on Twitter on the night of the debate and force Fox News to bring up the subject. We will all come to an agreement on how to word the question and during the debate, we will all submit the question via Twitter, sparking the discussion.

What do you all think?

Update 12:35 EST:

how about: "Congressman Paul, you predicted the economic collapse back in 2003, what do you propose we do to get back on track?"

abstrusezincate
01-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Here's what it sounds like in the debate:

"Rick, if you are as pro-life as you claim, can you answer this question? When you had the choice whether to endorse Pat Toomey, a person with a lifelong record of defending life versus Arlen Specter, a known pro-choice Senator in a close race where your endorsement may have made a difference, why did you choose to put party before this principle?"

Let him choke on that.

The people of PA did, and look what happened. Even most Dems are pro-life here outside the Philly area.

BKom
01-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Okay, so I don't know whether or not Fox will answer questions from Twitter during this next debate in South Carolina.

If they will, I have an idea.

Over the last couple of days, Rick Santorum has gone after Dr. Paul on the subject of life:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71435.html

This is an issue that can END Santorum's candidacy. No one is more pro-life than Dr. Paul. Dr. Paul could destroy Rick Santorum with a confrontation on this subject.

Well, this is our opportunity.

Usually the media will try and provoke an argument in a debate, but nothing is for sure, so it is up to us.

Well, we should all enter the same question on Twitter on the night of the debate and force Fox News to bring up the subject. We will all come to an agreement on how to word the question and during the debate, we will all submit the question via Twitter, sparking the discussion.

What do you all think?

Ron is pro-life on a state by state basis. And evangelicals and others are not happy with that. They want Santorum's kind of pro-life. The kind that sends police into every bedroom and hospital to make sure you're doing what God told Santorum he wants you to do. This is not "more pro-life" by their definition. So, yeah, that would be a good way for Ron to lose a debate in S.C.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-15-2012, 10:04 AM

"Rick, if you are as pro-life as you claim, can you answer this question? When you had the choice whether to endorse Pat Toomey, a person with a lifelong record of defending life versus Arlen Specter, a known pro-choice Senator in a close race where your endorsement may have made a difference, why did you choose to put party before this principle?"

Let him choke on that.

The people of PA did, and look what happened. Even most Dems are pro-life here outside the Philly area.

Good one!

rp2012win
01-15-2012, 10:23 AM

Let him choke on that.

The people of PA did, and look what happened. Even most Dems are pro-life here outside the Philly area.I like the question but too many characters for twitter

In a close race you endorsed pro choice Arlen Specter over pro life Pat Toomey. Why did you put party before principle?

roversaurus
01-15-2012, 10:27 AM

Let him choke on that.

Yes, "Senator Santorum, which of Arlen Spector's positions was more important than the pro life position?"

jrice
01-15-2012, 10:31 AM
If it comes up Rick Perry endorsed pro-choice Rudy Giuliani in 2008. Giuliani was also instrumental in helping Clinton pass the Brady handgun bill - not cool witj 2nd amendment advocates.

No Free Beer
01-15-2012, 10:35 AM
we need to come up with something that will force Fox News to bring up during the debate, that will allow Ron trump Santorum

No Free Beer
01-15-2012, 10:37 AM
How about this?

"Dr. Paul, Senator Santorum questioned your position on life. Can you clarify it for America?"

specsaregood
01-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Ron is pro-life on a state by state basis. And evangelicals and others are not happy with that. They want Santorum's kind of pro-life. The kind that sends police into every bedroom and hospital to make sure you're doing what God told Santorum he wants you to do. This is not "more pro-life" by their definition. So, yeah, that would be a good way for Ron to lose a debate in S.C.

That is not true. Dr. Paul has said many times that he pro-life people should continue working on a pro-life amendment. BUT his solutions are both easier and quicker to implement and would imediately return abortion to the states; where states could handle the issue how they see fit.

I'd really like to see Paul call Santorum out on this, a sort of "bear false witness" moment like the one that worked so well for Rand.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-15-2012, 10:41 AM
How about this?

"Dr. Paul, Senator Santorum questioned your position on life. Can you clarify it for America?"

I think it's best not to aim this topic at Paul in SC.. better to get Santorum to expose and stumble over himself in front SC.

if any questions are aimed at RP, they need to be on the economy and how he was able to predict this diaster long ago.

specsaregood
01-15-2012, 10:45 AM
I think it's best not to aim this topic at Paul in SC.. better to get Santorum to expose and stumble over himself in front SC.
if any questions are aimed at RP, they need to be on the economy and how he was able to predict this diaster long ago.

Dunno. In IA, 55% of Santorum voters listed Abortion as their #1 issue. And he nearly/arguably won it. It would help if we could destroy the notion that he was truly pro-life.

Carole
01-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Ask Santorum if he is pro life for Muslim babies. :D

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Dunno. In IA, 55% of Santorum voters listed Abortion as their #1 issue. And he nearly/arguably won it. It would help if we could destroy the notion that he was truly pro-life.

That's why I said it's better to get Santorum to expose his record of all of the prolife people he supported.

Better to get these guys to self destruct by their own baloney then draw attention to Paul not being the pro life dictator the religious right wingers want elected.

kfking
01-15-2012, 11:05 AM
I would stay away from criticizing Santorum for a pro-choice endorsement. The Dr. himself as endorsed pro-choice people at times such as Ralph Nader in the 08 race.

thoughtomator
01-15-2012, 11:07 AM
I can't believe that someone would set themselves up making a not-pro-life-enough charge against an OB/GYN who delivered thousands of babies without ever doing an abortion.

abstrusezincate
01-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Someone should hit Rick and hit him hard with the lie he likes to tell.

Santorum's response on the trail has been that he did so to make sure good judges would get on the Supreme Court, which required having Arlen on the Judiciary Committee as it goes. But what he's not telling you, and what people need to hear, is Arlen said on many occasions comments like this: ""When you talk about judges who would change the right of a woman to choose, overturn Roe v Wade, I think that is unlikely (they'd be appropriate candidates)". There are numerous stories, quotes, and examples that Arlen used being pro-choice as a litmus test, and this is who Rick supported.

Politico has a good story (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71455.html) about the problem up right now. But it misses this key last part.

The evangelical vote supporting him is built upon a fraud. This attack, if successful, could cost him a third to half of his votes. I believe Perry will use it, frankly. But if he doesn't, we better. We need votes, and the Doctor should put out the truth. "I delivered 4,000 babies. The only thing you delivered was a pro-choice Republican to the Senate. Not conservative, not protecting life."

smtwngrl
01-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Is Ron Paul's pro-life commercial running on tv in SC?

abstrusezincate
I would stay away from criticizing Santorum for a pro-choice endorsement. The Dr. himself as endorsed pro-choice people at times such as Ralph Nader in the 08 race.

Fair enough, but here's the thing: Ron's voters aren't single issue voters nearly as much as Santorum's are. Or more accurately, they may not be single issue voters, but this is a defining issue for them.

Highstreet

THIS ^^

Not enough people know this, and it would surely help to do it live in a debate!!

specsaregood
01-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Dr. Paul did not endorse Nader. Dr. Paul endorsed a limited platform of positions. And he actually endorsed Chuck Baldwin for President, and Mr. Baldwin is pro-life.

Snowball
01-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Santorum IS more pro-life than Ron Paul. And he's more pro-traditional marriage.
The politico article does a good job of explaning why.
As Ron Paul supporters, we know this. It's not that Ron is not the above things,
but he doesn't support federal answers or jurisprudence on them.
We're not going to effectively compete with Santorum on these issues.
Santorum was backed by a large group of Christians today, it's all over the news.

SchleckBros
01-15-2012, 11:16 AM

I thought Ron Paul endorsed Chuck Balwin in 08.

specsaregood
01-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Santorum IS more pro-life than Ron Paul. And he's more pro-traditional marriage.
As Ron Paul supporters, we know this. It's not that Ron is not the above things,

No, I do not KNOW this. Santorum is more pro-big government. And big government kills life and traditional marriages. Therefore your claim can not be possible.

DevilsAdvocate
01-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Stop getting distracted! Let's freaking decide on something and then get Tweetin'!

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-15-2012, 11:25 AM
What about getting the question mass tweated in- how is it that some people who claim to be pro-life are so eager to get to war and killing thousands of innocent men, women and babies?

These pro life pro war monger need a light bulb to turn on already at what an oxy-moron that position is.

Make signs for SC that say-

Pro lifers call abortion murder
The same who advocate war,
call the murder of thousands
Foriegn Policy

Something has to shake them up

A short sign version is.

The killing of one is called murder
The kiling of thousands is called Foriegn Policy.

No Free Beer
01-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Stop getting distracted! Let's freaking decide on something and then get Tweetin'!

this.

No Free Beer
01-15-2012, 11:31 AM
What about getting the question mass tweated in- how is it that some people who claim to be pro-life are so eager to get to war and killing thousands of innocent men, women and babies?

These pro life pro war monger need a light bulb to turn on already at what an oxy-moron that position is.

Make signs for SC that say-

Pro lifers call abortion murder
The same who advocate war,
call the murder of thousands
Foriegn Policy

Something has to shake them up

A short sign version is.

That's the last thing we should promote.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-15-2012, 11:37 AM
That's the last thing we should promote.

If we can change the minds and hearts of those single issue voters, we have an easier time of bringing them over to supporting Paul as he becomes the more natural obvious choice for true pro-life values.

Maybe you are right in that their bigotry inspired pro war stance is so bad, it can't be changed. If so, that is so sad.

No Free Beer
01-15-2012, 11:42 AM
If we can change the minds and hearts of those single issue voters, we have an easier time of bringing them over to supporting Paul as he becomes the more natural obvious choice for true pro-life values.

Maybe you are right in that their bigotry inspired pro war stance is so bad, it can't be changed. If so, that is so sad.

That's not going to happen, bud

Windsurfer_For_Paul
01-15-2012, 11:43 AM

I think this idea is spot on but can be spun into more posative message. Perhaps: "If you believe the right to a single life is sacred, then you should also support a non-interventionalist foreigh policy that respects the lives of thousands of our soldiers."

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-15-2012, 11:44 AM
That's not going to happen, bud

Perhaps it's wishful thinking. People said RP would never get this far either. I can't help but beleive that the winds of positive change are at our back right now.

Anyway, back to catching Santorum on supporting pro-choice people.

No Free Beer
01-15-2012, 11:45 AM
I think this idea is spot on but can be spun into more posative message. Perhaps: "If you believe the right to a single life is sacred, then you should also support a non-interventionalist foreigh policy that respects the lives of thousands of our soldiers."

That is not going to work because the other candidates will be able to spin that.

You guys have to be smarter than that.

abstrusezincate
01-15-2012, 11:59 AM
If you're looking for something to tweet, the best thing you can do is encourage people to turnout for the primary, and let them know it is open. I would guess the most effective use of twitter is using it for GOTV.

Tell people on the left: Not happy with Obama on NDAA, the wars, etc. - Let your protest be known. Vote Paul in SC.

I don't tend to think many of the abortion types are on twitter. I would actually think a better attack there for us might be talking about the Right to Work stuff. Santorum's policies cost SC jobs.

kr1963
01-16-2012, 05:14 PM
but he doesn't support federal answers or jurisprudence on them.
We're not going to effectively compete with Santorum on these issues.
Santorum was backed by a large group of Christians today, it's all over the news.Santorum is for imposing HIS personal beliefs upon EVERYONE. He is a member of THE FELLOWSHIP a ultra-right wing religious organization with nazi ties to its founder.

dbill27
01-16-2012, 05:19 PM

What are you smoking?

KMA-NWO
01-16-2012, 05:24 PM
SAY RICK SANTORUM, BE SPECIFIC OR THEY MAY ASK PERRY INSTEAD!

Let him choke on that.