PDA

View Full Version : Something's Happening Here moneybomb proposal redux

Naraku
01-14-2012, 08:34 PM
The idea was proposed previously in this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?341865-Something-s-Happening-Here-bomb-PUSH-Civil-Liberties-Indefinite-Detention-Patriot-Act&highlight=Something%27s+Happening), but I think the date and timing was misguided. I like the idea of using the name Something's Happening Here as an homage to the Buffalo Springfield song "For What It's Worth" as it has a pretty powerful message that jives well with ours. However, what is really great about that name is the acronym "SHH" that can be played up to great effort on matters pertaining to civil liberties.

Recently, I came upon a rather interesting thought about when to do it in a way that I think would be most effective. Given the official moneybomb being today I think a bit of time would be necessary. Obviously anything before South Carolina is a no-go and Florida is too soon after to really target. Save for a few caucuses in small states where the campaign will probably need less money the first big states are Arizona and Michigan on February 28, followed by Super Tuesday. The latter is what we really have to focus on and so something in mid-February was where I really zeroed in and came upon what is probably one of the better dates that could be chosen.

February 19th is the 70th anniversary of Executive Order 9066 that led to the internment of Japanese-Americans in prison camps. I can think of no more appropriate day for linking up with a moneybomb focusing on the NDAA, the Patriot Act, and indefinite detention. Honestly, it seems perfect to me as the parallel would be easily accessible and something most people would understand so it would be hard to spin it as anything more than a realistic appeal to the consequences of increased government power.

Thoughts?

Mckarnin
01-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Not to shut anything down bu a group of us are already working on finding someone to design a pledge page and we have the domain for the "Bailout for Freedom...Liberty is too big to fail" moneybomb that we are planning to hold on February 17th per the campaign's desirable moneybomb days/dates request. If you want to have a competing moneybomb that is of course, fine but in a recent poll the majority here were in favor of getting behind one moneybomb and B4F seemed to be winning out. :

Edit: Have webdesigner now and work is commencing.

mstrmac1
01-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Fwiw, I always like the idea of a (SHHH) moneybomb. Exposing the loss of our civil liberties while raising money for RP would be ideal for me! The OP should run with this idea..

sailingaway
01-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Fwiw, I always like the idea of a (SHHH) moneybomb. Exposing the loss of our civil liberties while raising money for RP would be ideal for me! The OP should run with this idea..

I like it too. We were discussing this over the holiday, but never got it past that thread. What I like most about it is it educates those who don't know about this, and educates those who do of Ron's position. So it is more than just a catchy name for a money bomb. I think we should do it, the sooner the better but maybe we could do a poll of which one we do in Feb and which in March.

mstrmac1
01-14-2012, 09:40 PM
I like it too. We were discussing this over the holiday, but never got it past that thread. What I like most about it is it educates those who don't know about this, and educates those who do of Ron's position. So it is more than just a catchy name for a money bomb. I think we should do it, the sooner the better but maybe we could do a poll of which one we do in Feb and which in March.

Good idea, lets see how the polling goes? I vote for SHHH... Btw, did you ever pm Dusman on this?

sailingaway
01-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Good idea, lets see how the polling goes? I vote for SHHH... Btw, did you ever pm Dusman on this?

I did pm dusman but he never got back to me, he might be swamped with something else.

seawolf
01-14-2012, 10:07 PM
I just hope we can agree on theme by next weekend, so we can begin to work on the February Money Bomb.

Remember the very latest date to have it would be February 17th, (45 days after the $10 Million Goal issued by Ron himself on January 4th) They obviously need the funds in hand by then to buy ads on radio/tv and direct mailing for the Super Tuesday Primaries/Caucus's on March 6th.

Let's reach a decision and Move on this!!!!

Naraku
01-15-2012, 07:28 PM
I just hope we can agree on theme by next weekend, so we can begin to work on the February Money Bomb.

Remember the very latest date to have it would be February 17th, (45 days after the $10 Million Goal issued by Ron himself on January 4th) They obviously need the funds in hand by then to buy ads on radio/tv and direct mailing for the Super Tuesday Primaries/Caucus's on March 6th.

Let's reach a decision and Move on this!!!!

From what I read it was 45 days from the 6th, meaning February 20th. That would fit well with a February 19th "SHH" moneybomb, which I think has far greater potential than this "Bailout for Freedom" idea. What makes the February 19th date so ideal is that it can be tied in with the 70th anniversary of Executive Order 9066 and Japanese internment, something most Americans readily understand as an incredible breach of liberty by the government. Tying it in with NDAA and our general loss of liberties will be much more easier and it has all the makings of a viral explosion, in my opinion.

Kharan
01-15-2012, 07:42 PM
From what I read it was 45 days from the 6th, meaning February 20th. That would fit well with a February 19th "SHH" moneybomb, which I think has far greater potential than this "Bailout for Freedom" idea. What makes the February 19th date so ideal is that it can be tied in with the 70th anniversary of Executive Order 9066 and Japanese internment, something most Americans readily understand as an incredible breach of liberty by the government. Tying it in with NDAA and our general loss of liberties will be much more easier and it has all the makings of a viral explosion, in my opinion.
I am trending toward agreement.