PDA

View Full Version : Huggabee Forum Foxnews; Romney mentions Ron Paul 2 times in his answer

samsung1
01-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Question was how would he differ from obama:... Mitt;"Like Ron paul, i want to cut federal spending and balance the budget", Like Ron Paul i will keep the economy thriving"

Drex
01-14-2012, 07:21 PM
What a tool,,, to bad everyone is watching NFL :P

neverseen
01-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Question was how would he differ from obama:... Mitt;"Like Ron paul, i want to cut federal spending and balance the budget", Like Ron Paul i will keep the economy thriving"

Lawl... that'll look good in a vid where he notes paul is the constitutional expert :D

Kevin Smyth
Stream????

walt
well. there was on e "undecided voter" that stated he was a ron paul supporter...it looked like a plant

http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens1862038module10522453photo_1216395549hem p_plant_cannabis.jpg

FunkBuddha
WTF is going on?

UK4Paul
If he would do things LIKE Ron Paul... why wouldn't voters actually vote for THE REAL THING? ;)

pauliticalfan
01-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Haha seriously? I'd like a tube of this (was busy watching the 49ers thriller!)

IterTemporis
Wow... He definitely has Ron Paul on his mind.

Can't wait for Romney v. Paul, and then Paul v. Obama.

Especially, a Paul v. Obama debate..

nowwearefree
as usual ...... tube or it never happened :D

Yea, i think Mitt is very smart about it for several reasons
1 Ron's fiscal side is consistent and is liked by most republicans pundits or followers, therefore it will give himself some credit
2 He wants to be friendly with Ron Paul, because Dr Paul will stop other candidates from surging, eg perry, newt, santorum etc
3 As much as we want to be anti Romney, Romney also wants to go 1 on 1 with us, because he think he has a better chance
4 in case he wins the GOP, he would need some of us to support him, or even if we don't support him we don't support obama

so all in all i am not surprised and i think it benefits both us and them

growburn13
http://www.ilive.to/view/23697/

Romney just wrapped up. But he had a question from a self identified Ron Paul supporter asking why he should support romney if he were to become the nominee, in particular in light of tarp.

Sola_Fide

Hahahaha....what a follower this guy is:)

samsung1
01-14-2012, 07:24 PM
that was the most uber pandering to the Ron paul voters, I cant say i dont love it when RP is mentioned but he was clearly pumping Ron

IterTemporis
Stream: http://www.newsandjava.com/watchfoxnewslive.htm

Edit: Huntsman on now..

RPit
We could so use that in an ad...

Quote that.. Then say "Mitt Believes IN Ron Paul keeping the economy thriving!"

But..

"Unlike Ron Paul Romney supported TARP"
"Unlike Ron Paul Romney didn't want to spend his energy finding the secrets of Federal Reserve"
He didn't care, but now we know they let out $16 Trillion Dollars more than the debt of USA which we accumulated in all our history

"Unlike Ron Paul Mitt Romney did not predict the Housing Bubble, the Financial Crisis"
"Unlike Ron Paul, who specifically laid out a plan to cut the budget by $1 Trillion year one, Mitt Romney has no stated policy how much and what he will cut. Unlike Ron Paul, Mitt Romney is all rhetoric Ron Paul is Substance!

Mitt believes in Ron Paul to keep the economy thriving. But ONLY Ron Paul knows how the economy works! Only Ron Paul has been a visionary on the economy. Only Ron Paul cared about the $16 Trillion dollars. Only Ron Paul can keep the economy thriving"

Hehe

low preference guy
Romney apparently is clueless of the fact that if Ron gets a little more support to become the only non-Romney left, it's very likely that Ron will seize the nomination from Mitt.

wgadget
01-14-2012, 07:25 PM
I think it's COOL that they can't even stop talking about RON PAUL even when he's NOT THERE.

Talk about INFLUENCE. Dude.

Windsurfer_For_Paul
Mittons would do things like Ron Paul?

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u425/windsurferforpaul/BullShitButton.jpg

orenbus
That question made me sick, it was from a alleged "Ron Paul supporter" asking if Romney got the nomination how would he go about getting Ron Paul supporters to back him in a general against Obama. How is he going to convince Ron Paul supporters that he isn't the other side of the same coin.

First of all, Ron Paul supporters should not be asking these candidates questions and bringing in Ron Paul's name into it. The are politicians running for president of course they are going to play to the audience and use someone's question and answer it however they want to get applause lines. Secondly having a proclaimed Ron Paul supporter assume the possibility of Romney already getting the nomination and going up against a hypothetical against Obama does not serve the cause of our trying to convince voters in South Carolina to vote for Ron Paul. This isn't brain science FFS, I'm going to assume that guy that asked the question is a plant because no way a Ron Paul supporter would be so obviously stupid or naive.

skytoucher
Ain't nothing like the real thing (http://youtu.be/svAs-6MiqxE)

FunkBuddha
I wonder if Mitt is a forum member. He seems to be a fan.

pauliticalfan
01-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Ron Paul is a legend. This stuff never would have happened 4 years ago.

walt
Hahahaha....what a follower this guy is:)

That is what the elite strategy and private equity firms do...

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
You can't blame him for wanting to associate himself with Ron Paul.

It's completely unbelievable though.

If he supported the bail outs, it just shows that he has NO CLUE how the economy went to crap, let alone what is required to get it back on track.

RON PAUL

THERE IS NO SUBSTITUE ;)

walt
01-14-2012, 07:27 PM
That question made me sick, it was from a Ron Paul supporter asking if Romney got the nomination how would he go about getting Ron Paul supporter to back him in a general against Obama. How is he going to convince Ron Paul supporters that he isn't the other side of the same coin.

First of all, Ron Paul supporters should not be asking these candidates questions and bringing in Ron Paul's name into it. The are politicians running for president of course they are going to play to the audience and use someone's question and answer it however they want to get applause lines. Secondly having a proclaimed Ron Paul supporter assume the possibility of Romney already getting the nomination and going up against a hypothetical against Obama does not serve the cause of our trying to convince voters in South Carolina to vote for Ron Paul. This isn't brain science ffs, I'm going to assume that guy that asked the question is a plant because no way a Ron Paul supporter would be so dumb.

It looked like a plant...

http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens1862038module10522453photo_1216395549hem p_plant_cannabis.jpg

TheTexan
01-14-2012, 07:27 PM
He might be on the bus but he doesn't have a ticket

samsung1
01-14-2012, 07:28 PM
next Mitt will claim his real name is Mitt Paul

Arklatex
01-14-2012, 07:30 PM
we want it down to Romey Paul - and they do too. They probably think they'll have it in the bag with social conservatives who are not so keen on states rights when it comes to marijuana.

Though I think when we expose Romney, we may had an unreal perfect storm play out for us. I am very optimistic yet real. Many evangelicals will not support Mitt Romney

ShaneEnochs
01-14-2012, 07:30 PM
The longer this stuff goes on, the more it makes me think that Mitt is vying for a VP position.

IterTemporis
01-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Just a question for those who were active last election.. Was there ever a debate that had only 2 candidates? With McCain and Romney? Just so I can know if a Paul v. Romney debate is even possible.

low preference guy
01-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Just a question for those who were active last election.. Was there ever a debate that had only 2 candidates? With McCain and Romney? Just so I can know if a Paul v. Romney debate is even possible.

I only remember four: McCain, Romney, Paul, Huckabee, with the last two given less time.

cindy25
01-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Haha seriously? I'd like a tube of this (was busy watching the 49ers thriller!)

they will replay many times

hardrightedge
01-14-2012, 07:34 PM
They will never understand....Once you go Paul, you will never again Fall...for their B.S.

ShaneEnochs
01-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Huntsman on now. He's smiling in a very weird way.

jbuttell
01-14-2012, 07:35 PM

Hah, I don't think so... If I remember correctly, Ron Paul and Huck were there till the end... That said, the media shut out Ron and Huck at the end, giving them virtually no time in the debates.

If things continue as they have in this election cycle where Ron and Mitt are the two clear front-runners, I suspect they'll all of the sudden try and be 'balanced' and give the extremely low-polling figures like Huntsman as much time as they'd like.

Hey wait, they're already doing that ;P

ZanZibar
01-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Tube?

Sola_Fide
01-14-2012, 07:36 PM
I don't know how a normal thinking person can watch this garbage:(

IterTemporis
01-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Thank you for your replies.

Huntsman wants to get rid of the dept. of education, too..?

cindy25
01-14-2012, 07:38 PM

March 19 in Portland; the others will be gone by then

pauliticalfan
01-14-2012, 07:38 PM
That Space answer that Huntsman gave had absolutely no substance. Ugh.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Could it be a strategy of Romneys to keep saying " I'm Like Paul I'm Like Paul", so psychologically, it rules out potential voters as being able to think of Paul as being the ANTI-Romney? Hmmmmmmmm

growburn13
01-14-2012, 07:40 PM
So I guess Huntsman wants to cut all foreign aid now too.

RPit
01-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Huntsman is a smooth talker.. Any anyone believe these politicians! Seriously, they only they can Trust Ron but damnn!

ShaneEnochs
01-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Could it be a strategy of Romneys to keep saying " I'm Like Paul I'm Like Paul", so psychologically, it rules out potential voters as being able to think of Paul as being the ANTI-Romney? Hmmmmmmmm

That's a really, really crappy strategy.

orenbus
01-14-2012, 07:43 PM
GUYS THE ONLY REASON ROMNEY BROUGHT UP RON PAUL IS BECAUSE HE WAS ASKED BY A SUPPOSED "RON PAUL SUPPORTER" WHAT HIS PLAN IS TO WIN US OVER? OF COURSE HE IS GOING TO BRING UP RON PAUL'S NAME IN THE ANSWER, HE RESPONDED SAYING OBAMA IS CUTTING THE MILITARY BY 1 BILLION IT WAS AN INDIRECT ATTACK ON PAUL. THE SUPPOSED SUPPORTER DID MORE HARM THEN GOOD AND ROMNEY ONLY BROUGHT UP RON PAUL'S NAME BECAUSE HE WAS ASKED. IN HIS RESPONSES HE GOT AT LEAST TWO ROUNDS OF APPLAUSE FROM THE AUDIENCE, THE "RON PAUL SUPPORTER" LOOKED LIKE AN IDIOT IN THE END.

THIS WAS A PLANT "SUPPORTER" ASKING ABOUT ROMNEY WINNING OVER RON PAUL SUPPORTERS.

http://www.sarracenia.com/photos/dionaea/dionamusci070.jpg

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/001/384/Atrapitis.gif

Karsten
01-14-2012, 07:43 PM
This will just add fire to the Romney-Paul conspiracy theorists.

jcarcinogen
01-14-2012, 07:44 PM
It seemed like a planted question to me. Why would a Paul supporter essentially admit that Romney is going to win and that type of question is never presented to the other candidates. It also follows the Establishment meme that Krauthammer started by writing that Paul should get some concession in the party.

wgadget
01-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Did anyone get the "Paul supporter's" name, rank and serial number? Facebook?

wgadget
01-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Why does Newt Gingrich remind me of Fred Flintstone?

pauliticalfan
01-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Newt "I'm a historian."

IterTemporis
01-14-2012, 07:47 PM
The guy who asked that last question about the founding fathers sound like he could be a Paul supporter..

Edit: Newt is kind of rude... or arrogant.

wgadget
01-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Okay. I've had enough.

The campaign needs to come out with an ad titled, "GENUINE."

pauliticalfan
01-14-2012, 07:48 PM
That was being booed? Newt looked like an idiot, yes, but it wasn't really overwhelming boos.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Mitt Romney vs Mitt Romney vs Mitt Paul. This guy has 3 personalities now.

pauliticalfan
01-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Wow, Huckabee looked like a douche there.

Kevin Smyth
01-14-2012, 07:51 PM
I don't know how a normal thinking person can watch this garbage:(

The same "thinking persons" who watch this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_r2mRQC23ItI/S0YJOyOBvJI/AAAAAAAAByU/awe7DXb_mHM/s400/oreilly_factor-1.jpg

samsung1
01-14-2012, 07:52 PM
ging just got boo'd but sounds like it was a quick edit job to make it sound not that bad

samsung1
01-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Mitt Romney is morphing from business man to, pro-life defender into a libertarian

pauliticalfan
01-14-2012, 07:53 PM
ging just got boo'd but sounds like it was a quick edit job to make it sound not that bad

Yeah, you're probably right. Reporters that were there said it was much worse, from what I can infer.

Sola_Fide
01-14-2012, 07:54 PM
GUYS THE ONLY REASON ROMNEY BROUGHT UP RON PAUL IS BECAUSE HE WAS ASKED BY A SUPPOSED "RON PAUL SUPPORTER" WHAT HIS PLAN IS TO WIN US OVER? OF COURSE HE IS GOING TO BRING UP RON PAUL'S NAME IN THE ANSWER, HE RESPONDED SAYING OBAMA IS CUTTING THE MILITARY BY 1 BILLION IT WAS AN INDIRECT ATTACK ON PAUL. THE SUPPOSED SUPPORTER DID MORE HARM THEN GOOD AND ROMNEY ONLY BROUGHT UP RON PAUL'S NAME BECAUSE HE WAS ASKED. IN HIS RESPONSES HE GOT AT LEAST TWO ROUNDS OF APPLAUSE FROM THE AUDIENCE, THE "RON PAUL SUPPORTER" LOOKED LIKE AN IDIOT IN THE END.

THIS WAS A PLANT "SUPPORTER" ASKING ABOUT ROMNEY WINNING OVER RON PAUL SUPPORTERS.

Yeah, seems planted to me

walt
01-14-2012, 07:55 PM

yeah that is what I said....

iGGz
01-14-2012, 07:58 PM
)()(

LeJimster
01-14-2012, 07:58 PM
yeah that is what I said....

So what if it's a plant? Use his words against him in an Ad. First of all we have footage of him calling Ron the constitutional expert and now this.. It's perfect. I hope the campaign do another newt and use Romneys words against himself.

sunghoko
01-14-2012, 08:00 PM
Too bad Ron skipped this event

PatriotOne
01-14-2012, 08:01 PM
that was the most uber pandering to the Ron paul voters, I cant say i dont love it when RP is mentioned but he was clearly pumping Ron

Ya mean trying to blow smoke up our a$$.

ASDF991
01-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Ron should be there, don't like this move of turning it down.

but I remember he did not do so hot in the first Huckabee forum and besides everyone(including me) is watching the NFL playoffs right now and not this.

I am sure the "questions" for paul would be among the lines of racism,9/11,3rd party...

LOL

pauliticalfan
01-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Wow, lady talks about how her husband was laid off and how broke they are and how they had to move from the north down to South Carolina because it's all they could afford. Santorum then responds about how much he likes to vacation there. How out of touch is this guy?

pauliticalfan
01-14-2012, 08:08 PM
Santorum talking about sweater vests to this big burly hunter and he looks pissed LOL.

FreeTraveler
01-14-2012, 08:09 PM
Ron Paul is a legend. This stuff never would have happened 4 years ago.

Okay. I've had enough.

The campaign needs to come out with an ad titled, "GENUINE."

He's obviously trying to steal Ron Paul voters
Things like this are just ammo for a little later in the campaign. See that first vid in my signature, Consistent Candidate? Imagine version 2 when it's down to Ron & Mitt, and we've got all this new footage to draw on. I'm sure the campaign will do something similar.

I'm thinking maybe a quiet version of the Coca-Cola theme "It's the real thing" playing in the background... :D

IterTemporis
01-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Ouch question for Santorum, and he mentioned Ron Paul.

'How can you say that you're a true conservative when you voted 6 times to raise the debt ceiling?'

kill the banks
01-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Things like this are just ammo for a little later in the campaign. See that first vid in my signature, Consistent Candidate? Imagine version 2 when it's down to Ron & Mitt, and we've got all this new footage to draw on. I'm sure the campaign will do something similar.

I'm thinking maybe a quiet version of the Coca-Cola theme "It's the real thing" playing in the background... :D

yup

orenbus
01-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Wow, lady talks about how her husband was laid off and how broke they are and how they had to move from the north down to South Carolina because it's all they could afford. Santorum then responds about how much he likes to vacation there. How out of touch is this guy?

Yea I was thinking the same thing, you could take that part of the answer and not even have to edit it to make him look bad in a youtube video. What an idiot he is.

pauliticalfan
01-14-2012, 08:11 PM
WOWWOWOWOWOW SANTORUM JUST CALLED OUT RON PAUL.

He said he hasn't checked how many times he's raised the debt ceiling!?!?!?!?!?! DOES THIS GUY NOT CARE ABOUT IT!? WTF!

walt
01-14-2012, 08:13 PM

An honest candidate would say lady give all your materialistic crap back...you bankrupted this country

cdc482
01-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Wow... He definitely has Ron Paul on his mind.

Can't wait for Romney v. Paul, and then Paul v. Obama.

Especially, a Paul v. Obama debate..

Same. Especially Paul v Obama. Millions will be unplugged from the matrix.

dante
01-14-2012, 08:14 PM
WOWWOWOWOWOW SANTORUM JUST CALLED OUT RON PAUL.

He said he hasn't checked how many times he's raised the debt ceiling!?!?!?!?!?! DOES THIS GUY NOT CARE ABOUT IT!? WTF!

What did Santorum say to call out Ron Paul?

WD-NY
01-14-2012, 08:15 PM
So I guess Huntsman wants to cut all foreign aid now too.

This is why we need to HAMMER Huntsman. He's been spinning all of Ron's positions that appeal most to left-leaning, DEM and anti-war voters in SC.

We need every one of those votes.

IterTemporis
'All human life is sacred.. All innocent life should be protected' - Santorum
'I want to bomb Iran.' -Santorum

Heman5up
Why are these guys mentioning Ron Paul with him not there? Why did huckbee interjected when gingritch mentioned Romney but won't say anything when Romney or Santorum mentioned Ron Paul.

wgadget
01-14-2012, 08:16 PM
Did Santorum just say that he would keep the wars but cut entitlements? WTF?

pauliticalfan
01-14-2012, 08:17 PM
So Santorum's voted to raise the debt ceiling so many times he's lost count, is basically what he said. What an asshole.

wgadget
01-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Ron Paul is THAT different.

IterTemporis
01-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Yes, Rick Perry. Can't wait to see what he says this time.

orenbus
01-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Perry is so goofy, he reminds me of a Burt Reynold's playing the bandit, but high on drugs.

http://www.floridatransam.com/pictures/trans%20am%20website/black%20trans/33_smokey_bandit_340.jpg

pauliticalfan
01-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Governor Goof makes for great TV.

BLS
01-14-2012, 08:31 PM
I can't see why Ron didn't attend this.
He better be in Texas getting DRILLED on his debate delivery.

He better NOT be taking time off.

FreeTraveler
01-14-2012, 08:34 PM

Whatcha gonna do, punch him in the snoot?

pauliticalfan
01-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Did anyone else bust out laughing when Perry came out on stage and looked at the camera and just smiled? So funny.

pauliticalfan
01-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Also, Rick Santorum wearing a Rick Santorum sweater vest is tacky as hell.

pauliticalfan
01-14-2012, 08:42 PM
This whole thing is a beauty contest. Disgusting.

wgadget
01-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Santorum reminds me of Larry the Cucumber from Veggie Tales.

wgadget
01-14-2012, 08:43 PM
Ron Paul would win the beauty contest in my eyes.

Unknown.User
01-14-2012, 08:45 PM

normal_rc
01-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Like I've been saying, there's an unofficial temporary alliance between Ron Paul & Mitt Romney.

It's currently Ron Paul & Mitt Romney -versus- Santorum/Gingrich/Perry.

Both Ron Paul & Mitt Romney want to drive out the evangelical christian candidates (Santorum/Gingrich/Perry), so it can be down to a 2-man race, between Ron Paul & Mitt Romney.

pauliticalfan
01-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Ron Paul supporter what what!!!!!

pauliticalfan
Everyone's pissed off at the answers of the other candidates, Ron Paul wins the Huckabee forum by default!

Kevin Smyth
The audience was just clapping for Ron Paul, why didn't he attend this? Other candidates are taking hits here, there are even folks in the crowd who want to get rid of the FED.

ShaneEnochs
01-14-2012, 08:49 PM

It's funny when people believe that candidates can/do campaign every day through the entire primary and general process. They're not robots. They're going to take time off to recharge their batteries, just as you do. Could you imagine working basically 18 hours every day, seven days a week for a year and a half?

pauliticalfan
01-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Holy shit an End the Fed supporter, Ron Paul wins!

Kevin Smyth
01-14-2012, 08:50 PM
It's funny when people believe that candidates can/do campaign every day through the entire primary and general process. They're not robots. They're going to take time off to recharge their batteries, just as you do. Could you imagine working basically 18 hours every day, seven days a week for a year and a half?

I see all the other candidates up there, they aren't taking that time off.

Mark37snj
01-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Lawl... that'll look good in a vid where he notes paul is the constitutional expert :D

Heck yeah, dam I wish I was any good with vids. Someone has got to make one.

cindy25
01-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Like I've been saying, there's an unofficial temporary alliance between Ron Paul & Mitt Romney.

It's currently Ron Paul & Mitt Romney -versus- Santorum/Gingrich/Perry.

Both Ron Paul & Mitt Romney want to drive out the evangelical christian candidates (Santorum/Gingrich/Perry), so it can be down to a 2-man race, between Ron Paul & Mitt Romney.

as they should

it was Taft vs Ike, Barry vs Rocky, Reagan vs Ford

politics and religion just don't mix

thoughtomator
01-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Guess the Spirit of Ron Paul showed up in place of the genuine article?

Anyone else feeling tremendous satisfaction at seeing this legend grow, this history unfold?

BLS
01-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Whatcha gonna do, punch him in the snoot?

LOL

Unknown.User

Revolution9
Romney apparently is clueless of the fact that if Ron gets a little more support to become the only non-Romney left, it's very likely that Ron will seize the nomination from Mitt.

It is pre-ordained by Universe from star position harmonics. Romney's election cycle is fraught with problems and Pau's has alot of victory hits. It will be Ron with Mitt as VP at the convention.

Rev9

Revolution9
01-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Mittons would do things like Ron Paul?

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u425/windsurferforpaul/BullShitButton.jpg

He will be Ron's VP.

Rev9

The Binghamton Patriot
this forum has way more people than the first one-fox infomercial

BLS

No of course not, and I know he looked tired recently.
BUT....we have a chance to WIN in SC because the stars are aligning right now.
If we don't do well in SC and we get clobbered in FL, it's basically over. You won't need to campaign for a year and a half.

wgadget
01-14-2012, 08:58 PM
His absence makes the SC hearts grow fonder.

Revolution9
01-14-2012, 08:59 PM
The longer this stuff goes on, the more it makes me think that Mitt is vying for a VP position.

He is. It is in the stars for an RP landslide against Obama with MR as VP.

Rev9

wgadget
01-14-2012, 08:59 PM
There is truly a Ron Paul-shaped hole in the Huckabee Forum tonight. : P

Revolution9
01-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Huntsman on now. He's smiling in a very weird way.

He oughta forego the Kamakaze Scotsman brand Ceremonial Haggis dinners prior to TV appearances.

Rev9

wgadget
01-14-2012, 09:01 PM
He is. It is in the stars for an RP landslide against Obama with MR as VP.

Rev9

Bleh. Sounds too much like the end of the Roman Empire. Not safe for Ron.

ShaneEnochs
01-14-2012, 09:04 PM
I see all the other candidates up there, they aren't taking that time off.

I bet about four of them are about to drop out of the race, too.

Revolution9
01-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Mitt Romney vs Mitt Romney vs Mitt Paul. This guy has 3 personalities now.

He is converted. He does think RP should be POTUS. He is going through the motions.

Rev9

Txrose4ever
01-14-2012, 09:05 PM
we want it down to Romey Paul - and they do too. They probably think they'll have it in the bag with social conservatives who are not so keen on states rights when it comes to marijuana.

Though I think when we expose Romney, we may had an unreal perfect storm play out for us. I am very optimistic yet real. Many evangelicals will not support Mitt Romney

any of the Evangelicals have thrown their support to Santorum. Eewww

Kevin Smyth
01-14-2012, 09:05 PM

It sounds like Emperor Tiberius being murdered by Caligula's praetorian guard leader Macro.

ShaneEnochs
01-14-2012, 09:06 PM
No of course not, and I know he looked tired recently.
BUT....we have a chance to WIN in SC because the stars are aligning right now.
If we don't do well in SC and we get clobbered in FL, it's basically over. You won't need to campaign for a year and a half.

He's polling at 20% in South Carolina. Up 11% from a week ago. Do you believe not attending this forum is going to cause him to lose that gain?

cindy25
01-14-2012, 09:07 PM
He is converted. He does think RP should be POTUS. He is going through the motions.

Rev9

just biding his time, think old Bush

Revolution9
01-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Mitt Romney is morphing from business man to, pro-life defender into a libertarian

Most on this board went through a process to come to where they are. My psychic sniffer says Mitt wants RP to be POTUS because he does actually believe in America. He always looks at him with admiration when RP speaks at the debates and hangs on his every word. When he was shot down for the trillion dollar military budget shenanigans by RP he looked like a child scolded by their favorite adult.

Rev9

White Bear Lake
01-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Probably a good thing Paul skipped this. Everyone but political geeks who have already made up their minds is watching football.

He better be resting up for the Davis endorsement tomorrow and the debate Monday night.

Kevin Smyth
01-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Most on this board went through a process to come to where they are. My psychic sniffer says Mitt wants RP to be POTUS because he does actually believe in America. He always looks at him with admiration when RP speaks at the debates and hangs on his every word. When he was shot down for the trillion dollar military budget shenanigans by RP he looked like a child scolded by their favorite adult.

Rev9

Close but not quite, Mitt wants Rand Paul as VP as a favor to Ron for getting us to support Mitt against Obama.

Publicani
01-14-2012, 09:11 PM
On a little different note. did you notice Huck said at the beginning: "One of the people you hear tonight will be a nominee and possibly the President?" WTF??
This is the same crap they did with Ron 4 years ago. In the Fox debate, without Ron, Chris Wallace opened with the same phrase: "One of you will be the Republican nomine
e."
The Huck also said "Ron Paul is not here, he is in Nevada," obviously implying that Ron doesn't care about SC.

Revolution9
01-14-2012, 09:14 PM
as they should

it was Taft vs Ike, Barry vs Rocky, Reagan vs Ford

politics and religion just don't mix

Gerald Ford was a renowned pornographer. Hunter Thompon knew it and part of that bullet to his head has that knowledge embedded within it's trajectory. So was Ford the avengelical vote against Reagan?

Rev9

wgadget
01-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Maybe Ron just doesn't care about Huck.

wgadget
01-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Even rock stars need a break every now and then. :-)

Revolution9
01-14-2012, 09:16 PM

Divine guidance and protection.

Rev9

Kevin Smyth
01-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Palin didn't watch the event tonight, it is so obvious, she can't give any details when she's asked direct questions about what went on tonight and what the candidates said. :p

Revolution9
01-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Close but not quite, Mitt wants Rand Paul as VP as a favor to Ron for getting us to support Mitt against Obama.

Won't happen. The upheaval from the grassroots would kill it. The only chance they have is saddling RP with MR.

Rev9

nowwearefree
01-14-2012, 09:19 PM

Rev9
i do feel the same way, Mitt seems to secretly admire Ron, i mean most people do in fact
especially when one look at RP's voting record, his consistency, it is truly admirable in politics

orenbus
01-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Maybe Ron just doesn't care about Huck.

Exactly and I agree with him! Ron didn't give a Huck!

wgadget
01-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Yay! Ron won the debate!

orenbus
01-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Palin didn't watch the event tonight, it is so obvious, she can't give any details when she's asked direct questions about what went on tonight and what the candidates said. :p

She is so horrible lol, sometimes I think she's smart like when she basically started to break the story to the other Fox and Media analysts that there is no way any GOP candidate can win without Ron Paul supporters, but her intelligence only shows like 10% of the time the other 90% of the time she is just so ditzy, lol.

SisCyn
01-14-2012, 09:44 PM
I think I see what is going on here.

So often we hear (the tired old refrain) "I like some of Ron Paul's positions, but not all of his positions".

The candidates are appealing to a block of voters by taking on only one or two of Ron's positions, but not all of them, hoping to pick up the voters who agree with a particular point, but not another.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-14-2012, 09:49 PM

Is this just a guess or do you know something we don't?

MrTudo
01-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Not only is it Ron Paul or nobody, if the republican party doesn’t wake up and do the right thing soon such as support Dr Paul and the Ron Paul movement, I shall personally work to help any group that works to deny the republicans what they want the most, an election win, local, state and federal. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

orenbus
01-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Not only is it Ron Paul or nobody, if the republican party doesn’t wake up and do the right thing soon such as support Dr Paul and the Ron Paul movement, I shall personally work to help any group that works to deny the republicans what they want the most, an election win, local, state and federal. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Yea a friend of mine said the same thing the other day, I started to laugh, but he was serious particularly with the Presidential race because in his mind it's either 4 more years of Obama or 8 years of Romney, which ends up being worse?