PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Should Talk About This More

Gravik
01-14-2012, 05:42 PM
http://hempforyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/hempuses.jpg

Ron Paul is the ONLY presidential candidate that advocates legalizing hemp so that our farmers can once again grow it. I personally think this is a really big issue that needs to be addressed. Wit hthe use of hemp, we could curb a lot of foreign dependence on oil. As of right now, the US is one of the only industrialized countries in the world that doesn't allow hemp farming. We have to import all of our hemp products from Canada and other countries.

Another benefit: lots of jobs!

Also, if anyone questions him about it, then Paul can talk about how the founding fathers grew hemp. :)

LibertyIn08
01-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Nonstarter in the primary. Wait until he wins the nomination - this will fly better in the general once the base is secured.

FreeTraveler
01-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Yeah, save this for the general election. It's way too complex to explain to the average Republican voter at this point.

crh88
01-14-2012, 06:11 PM
He does mention it occasionally, and I think it'll be a great point for the campaign and Dr. Paul to emphasize in the general election. I think it's a good point to emphasize for the grassroots and individual supporters trying to reach out to independents and democrats right now to bring new voters to the primaries. The most recent polls show that over half of the country wants cannabis fully legalized, and around 80% want it legalized for medicinal uses. Many people, even RP supporters, still don't know how many uses the cannabis plant has. The graphic you posted is just the tiniest tip of the iceberg. And the drug war itself has ruined the lives of millions of people in this country and throughout the world.

There is already a lot of support in the cannabis community for Dr. Paul, and we should continue to use this issue to help people understand the oppression of government. It's the entire basis of Marc Emery's Overgrow the Government movement. The Emery's are big supporters. Jodie Emery (Marc's wife) talks about Dr. Paul in her show every week. Here's a link to her most recent episode (as an aside, I was the winner of the drawing in this show, very exciting!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeOMWW6Vn-8&feature=g-all-u&context=G2d79235FAAAAAAAALAA

Edit: For anyone who doesn't know, Marc Emery is known as the "Prince of Pot" and is a leading activist for the cannabis legalization movement. He is currently imprisoned in the US via extradition for selling mail order seeds, which is only punishable by a small fine in Canada, his home country.

Butchie
01-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Nonstarter in the primary. Wait until he wins the nomination - this will fly better in the general once the base is secured.

Agreed, for now we need to think like Republicans, not saying we "sell out" just, think of poker, do you blab your whole hand, or do you watch, wait, and listen for the right time and then make your move. Playing smart and compromising are NOT the same thing.