PDA

View Full Version : Santorum tells the big secret in the open.

Jack Bauer
01-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Something the GOP establishment knows and is kissing our ass in the hopes we will support them.

The secret?

Santorum: Let’s face it, Obama would destroy Romney

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/14/santorum-obama-would-destroy-romney-in-november/

malkusm
01-14-2012, 01:17 PM
Obama would love to face Santorum instead.

BLS
01-14-2012, 01:19 PM

Obama vs. Frothy?

I'd stay home.

axlr
01-14-2012, 01:19 PM
If Obama would destroy Romney than he'd OBLITERATE Santorum.

LibertyEagle
01-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Santorum would be so toast against Obama. Not to mention the fact that none of us would vote for him; nor would he get any crossover votes.

Tyler_Durden
01-14-2012, 01:21 PM
It's clearly the Doctor vs. NewterRicks Obamney

pacelli
01-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Man, I can just see Ron tearing into Obama's failed promises into a debate. I think that's yet another reason the GOP doesn't want him up there-- because in the general, Ron would win.

Gop would rather have obama.

blazeKing
01-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Santorum would be flushed to the bottomless pits by Obama ..Ron Paul would beat Obama, Romney...possible

opinionatedfool
01-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Obama vs. Frothy?

I'd stay home.

I'm staying home unless its Paul vs. Obama

wowrevolution
01-14-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm staying home unless its Paul vs. Obama
I am voting for Ron even if I have to write him in.

Trigonx
01-14-2012, 01:26 PM

Same.

Refresh the Tree
01-14-2012, 01:26 PM

This.

Ekrub
01-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Gary Johnson on the LP ticket is going to do some damage regardless of who the nominee is, unless its RP

mport1
01-14-2012, 01:29 PM
If Obama would destroy Romney than he'd OBLITERATE Santorum.

This.

mport1
01-14-2012, 01:30 PM
Gary Johnson on the LP ticket is going to do some damage regardless of who the nominee is, unless its RP

I doubt it, and GJ may not even win that nomination.

Ekrub

Not a good tactic IMO. Gary Johnson is a fine libertarian and voting for him sends a message. Write ins for Paul aren't counted. If GJ can pull 2-5% it would send a message to the GOP: take us seriously or lose elections.

opinionatedfool
Gary Johnson on the LP ticket is going to do some damage regardless of who the nominee is, unless its RP if it's RP I highly doubt he will make a difference.

dvalukis
01-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Man, I can just see Ron tearing into Obama's failed promises into a debate. I think that's yet another reason the GOP doesn't want him up there-- because in the general, Ron would win.

Gop would rather have obama.

That's the sad, but true fact you point out here. At least w/ Obama they'll still have most of what they want in place come 2016 when they for sure will win. I'm pretty positive we're at a point in our country where it's gonna be 8-years per president for a good while. There's just so many advantages an incumbent has. (Elitists and whatnot). Kinda like home-field advantage. Baring some kind of disaster I don't see Obama losing unless a rEVOLution happens in America.

Justinfrom1776
01-14-2012, 01:47 PM
I doubt it, and GJ may not even win that nomination.

I agree.. i haven't been paying a lot of attention to the LP race (What's the point? RP has a shot at actually winning). LPers in the know tend to favor R.J. Harris but Johnson does have a lot of name recognition.

FreedomFighter1776
01-14-2012, 01:51 PM

If by some miracle Dr. Paul does not get the nomination, I'm tossing in for GJ

libertythor
01-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Obama vs. Frothy?

I'd stay home.

I hope not. There are things like school board, sheriff, state legislature, bond referendums (taxes), senator, propositions, congress, senate, governor, mayor, city council, etc on that ballot in November!

In states like California that suck on gun laws, a good sheriff can decide to give out concealed weapons permits liberally if he or she so chooses.

Roxi
01-14-2012, 02:30 PM

Here's my thing... If Ron didn't win the nomination, I might consider voting for GJ on the Libertarian ticket except they chose Bob EFFING Barr as the nominee. Until there are some changes within the major ranks of the party I won't support them. I will write in Ron Paul or possibly Rand Paul for all future elections unless by some miracle another Ron Paul comes along.

nowwearefree
01-14-2012, 02:31 PM
i will be honest
i will vote for obama, if there is no third party , and it is santorum vs obama

YankeesJunkie
01-14-2012, 02:31 PM

This. Even though Ron Paul is preferable, Gary Johnson is pretty similar in a lot of positions with Paul and has credentials as well. Sort of sad that he did not gain more traction that obviously would have taken from Ron so not all bad. Would really love to the libertarians shatter the 3% mark nationally UNLESS Ron is the candidate.

Captain Shays
01-14-2012, 02:42 PM
It's clearly the Doctor vs. NewterRicks Obamney

LOL

Ekrub
01-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Here's my thing... If Ron didn't win the nomination, I might consider voting for GJ on the Libertarian ticket except they chose Bob EFFING Barr as the nominee. Until there are some changes within the major ranks of the party I won't support them. I will write in Ron Paul or possibly Rand Paul for all future elections unless by some miracle another Ron Paul comes along.

The republicans chose McCain and Palin last time. I vote for candidates, not a party.

Kords21
01-14-2012, 04:33 PM
If by some awfult twist of fate it was Obama vs Santorum, Obama wouldn't even have to campagin, the craziness coming out of Santorum's mouth would turn off every independent and democrat vote. It would be one the biggest landslide victories in US political history. The GOP would be very embarrassed and would probably lose the house, lose seats in the senate if the party is dumb enough to put Santorum forward as their "Standard bearer"

VictorB
01-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Santorum vs Obama in debates:

Santorum: 4 years of a Blauugh president is enough...

Obama:...again, Rick?

Santorum:...I said blauugh...

helmuth_hubener
01-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Not a good tactic IMO. Gary Johnson is a fine libertarian and voting for him sends a message. Write ins for Paul aren't counted. If GJ can pull 2-5% it would send a message to the GOP: take us seriously or lose elections. When Gary Johnson was in governor, the New Mexico state budget and taxes went way up while governor -- from 4.4 billion to 7.7 billion. Debt up too. (see here (http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/spending_chart_1992_2015NMb_13s1li111mcn_F0s)). People say there is evidence he was at least vetoing a lot of the spending and it would have been even worse without him as governor. Nonetheless, he was clearly not vetoing enough. I would put him very weakly anti-establishment/pro-liberty at best.

At worst: just another establishment shill and liar.

I'm a skeptic, so I believe "at worst" is probably closer to the truth.

helmuth_hubener
01-14-2012, 04:47 PM
This. Even though Ron Paul is preferable, Gary Johnson is pretty similar in a lot of positions with Paul and has credentials as well. That last part is where I disagree. He talks the talk. But he is almost certainly lying. When he was Executive of his state, his state's government got way bigger. Why should we believe he would be different as Executive of the federal goons?

Working Poor
01-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Obama would destroy Santorum hands down.

JohnGalt23g
01-14-2012, 05:07 PM

Obama would knock Frothy's dick in the dirt.

Snowball
01-14-2012, 05:11 PM
don't be so sure. Look, I don't agree with Santorum's foreign policy statements,
but I do agree with him on domestic policies. There's a lot of Santorum hate here.
Calling him "frothy" and such, because some egotistical, rude gay man started that website.
Rick has at least said he would endorse Ron Paul if RP won the nomination.