PDA

View Full Version : Ron not going after Romney

Nihilist23
01-14-2012, 12:54 PM
As of now Romney is on course to be the nominee and Ron 2nd...he's going after everyone but Romney. Tell me where I'm wrong here.

Bruno
01-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Wrong about Romney on course to be nominee.

Elfshadow
01-14-2012, 12:56 PM
I think hes being left alone because hes the easiest one for Paul to knock off after the other are out of the way.... ultimate Consistency verses the ultimate flipflopper.

Rincewind
01-14-2012, 12:57 PM
The game plan has been to knock everyone else out before taking on Romney one-on-one.

RPit
01-14-2012, 12:58 PM
I think they were hoping everyone would drop out by now, and they would be alone in SC. If Santorum hadn't done that well in Iowa, things woulda been so much better. Anyways we'll see the attacks soon enough, right now they are just trying to make it a 2-man race before they attack Romney because Romney's lead is the reason why everyone else would drop out (we're not going to drop out anyways), so thats leaves it to a 2-man race. And then imagine the spotlight on debates. The man of ideas debating someone who has nothing but 'electability'. Ron is running BOTH a Presidential AND Educational campaign. He wants to win on IDEAS so that he can change the nation, which requires a two-man race so in debates he is able to fully challenge conventional beliefs with great amount of time.

The point of 'attacking' is to get rid of those candidate. Romney serves as an 'attack' on all other candidates. As he and Ron leads the others are forced to drop out. Which means having Romney lead allows us to kick out more people in the race without too much money spent. Think about it. And don't make media fool you that it is over by Florida, the loss of delegates and proportionality has made this a very different election than what used to 'end by Florida'.

muh_roads
01-14-2012, 12:59 PM
The campaign clearly has a delegate scenario they are trying to play out. They clearly want to knock frothy and gangrene out first so it clearly becomes a two man race...I just worry that by the time it happens, everyone will just ignore Paul and the narrative will be that Romney won.

Schiff_FTW
01-14-2012, 01:00 PM
It worked in 2008 for Obama against Hillary Clinton.

sailingaway
01-14-2012, 01:00 PM
His initial goal is to be the anti Romney. As he doesn't go after Romney Romney isn't going after him, yet. He'd be fighting on all fronts otherwise, and Romney is not going to drop out. The others are. Romney has a similar calculation. Ron isn't going to drop out, and underbrush clearing is the first stage.

neverseen
01-14-2012, 01:01 PM
I like the idea of letting the campaign do as is (it's working) and then we all do grassroots stuff like post non stop news stories. (kidding... like door knocking and calling :P)

TXcarlosTX
01-14-2012, 01:02 PM
The game plan has been to knock everyone else out before taking on Romney one-on-one.

This has been obvious to me since the last election cycle. Remember when Ron defended him on the Morman issue. He's been ninja planning this shit for years!

Ron Paul da ICE COLD KILLA!!!
Weapon - TRUTH
Cause - LIBERTY

TomtheTinker
01-14-2012, 01:02 PM
People saying we should go head in with Romney must not realize how much it would cost to have a campaign war with him at this point.

pauliticalfan
01-14-2012, 01:05 PM
I don't think people here understand that if Romney wins South Carolina and Florida, the media and the party will declare him the nominee, regardless of the delegate situation. It will be incredibly difficult to beat Romney in a head-to-head if he is the presumptive nominee. If Gingrich/Perry/Santorum drop out after losing to Romney is SC and Florida, THEY WILL ENDORSE ROMNEY. PPP shows that in a Romney v. Paul matchup in NC, Romney beats Paul something like 65/25. It's in our best interest that someone other than Romney wins in SC (preferably us), to drag this thing on. I'm just trying to give an honest perpective here.

All this being said, I have faith in the campaign and their strategy. We really will have to just wait and see how it plays out.

Fr3shjive
01-14-2012, 01:12 PM

Source? Not that I dont believe you, but is this the official campaign strategy or your theory?

Rincewind
01-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Source? Not that I dont believe you, but is this the official campaign strategy or your theory?

These forums, mostly, lol. Someone else can probably direct you to something more substantial.

It makes sense though.

Rincewind
01-14-2012, 01:16 PM
I don't think people here understand that if Romney wins South Carolina and Florida, the media and the party will declare him the nominee, regardless of the delegate situation. It will be incredibly difficult to beat Romney in a head-to-head if he is the presumptive nominee. If Gingrich/Perry/Santorum drop out after losing to Romney is SC and Florida, THEY WILL ENDORSE ROMNEY. PPP shows that in a Romney v. Paul matchup in NC, Romney beats Paul something like 65/25. It's in our best interest that someone other than Romney wins in SC (preferably us), to drag this thing on. I'm just trying to give an honest perpective here.

All this being said, I have faith in the campaign and their strategy. We really will have to just wait and see how it plays out.

While I highly doubt Gingrich would endorse Paul, I can't see him endorsing Romney either.

Mini-Me
01-14-2012, 01:39 PM
I think the media wants Romney to be considered the presumptive nominee, but NOT by so much that the other candidates drop out. Once it's only Romney and Paul, they have two options:
Cover Romney vs. Paul. Paul gets tons of exposure...and he will be the ONLY Christian left in the race as well...which would probably make a big difference.
Don't cover the election. Romney voters have low turnout, while we're still campaigning.
They want to keep the other candidates in, just barely, for as long as possible. That distracts from Ron Paul, splits anti-Romney votes, and encourages more Romney voters to come out.

There are a lot of hazards going the way we're going, but failing to knock out guys like Gingrich and Santorum would be even more dangerous.

moderate libertarian
01-14-2012, 01:47 PM
I think hes being left alone because hes the easiest one for Paul to knock off after the other are out of the way.... ultimate Consistency verses the ultimate flipflopper.

I agree with that.

RP is almost at 2nd position now nationally in a 3 way tie.

randomname
01-14-2012, 02:11 PM
I think the media wants Romney to be considered the presumptive nominee, but NOT by so much that the other candidates drop out. Once it's only Romney and Paul, they have two options:
Cover Romney vs. Paul. Paul gets tons of exposure...and he will be the ONLY Christian left in the race as well...which would probably make a big difference.
Don't cover the election. Romney voters have low turnout, while we're still campaigning.
They want to keep the other candidates in, just barely, for as long as possible. That distracts from Ron Paul, splits anti-Romney votes, and encourages more Romney voters to come out.

There are a lot of hazards going the way we're going, but failing to knock out guys like Gingrich and Santorum would be even more dangerous.

bingo. this seems to be the game plan

Snowball
01-14-2012, 02:27 PM
People, I have low expectations for both SC & FL.
Talking distant 3rd at best. Possible 4th place showings.
SC is a neocon poppy field. They keep electing Lindsey Graham to office,
very pro-AIPAC crowd of evangelical judeo-christians.
Read Gingrich/Santorum/Perry.
Then you have Nikki Haley plugging for Mittens.

In Florida, massive elderly population and Cuban American population.
You know we get 3x as many under 40's to vote for Ron as over 65's.
The Republican Party base in Florida is also very moderate, ala Crist, Bush, Rubio.

On to the delegates race. All non-Romney, non-Paul delegates will be instructed
by candidates and party activists to use those delegates for Romney.

I don't think Ron should push this all the way to the Convention.
I am hoping against hope that he breaks away from the party after Florida,
cements himself on the ballot as Independent/3rd Party soon enough to build
the movement as a permanent, organized, official force.
Not just a minority of the Republican Party,
but a long-standing challenger to the Republicrat/Demopublican hegemony.
We would get in the debates because of high enough poll numbers, just like
Ross Perot did in '92 & '96.
Constitution Party, Libertarian Party, and others will endorse us and not field
candidates. Rand Paul will be ok in Kentucky as Republican or as a member of
the new party.

DRFilms
01-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Seems pretty simple to me... Most people that support the other candidates do so because they don't like or want Romney. Romney's popularity has a ceiling and he's reached it. Get the others out, and they have only two choices Dr Paul being the obvious one over Romney. Also, Dr Paul doesn't hafta get his hands dirty beating up Romney by the time it's a two man race, the others will have done that for him.

jkob
01-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Romney is crashing all on his own.

colbyhowell
01-14-2012, 02:33 PM
HHOOOLLLDDD!!!!!!!

No Free Beer
01-14-2012, 02:42 PM
He is going to wait until everyone elses drops out. If Santorum isn't in the top 2, he is bye bye. Same thing with Newt. From there on, it is Mitt vs. Ron.

Just what we want.

Miss Annie
01-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Exactly, Ron Paul does not have to go after Romney.... everyone else is doing it... LOL

Nihilist23
01-14-2012, 06:28 PM
I am hoping against hope that he breaks away from the party after Florida,
cements himself on the ballot as Independent/3rd Party soon enough to build
the movement as a permanent, organized, official force.
Not just a minority of the Republican Party,
but a long-standing challenger to the Republicrat/Demopublican hegemony.

I would love this also...but I also think it's very possible he wouldn't do it, if for nothing else, for the sake of his son's future as a force in the GOP.