PDA

View Full Version : teaparty07.NET and .ORG not being forwarded to .com?

Wayne Hammond
11-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Trevor and/or Nathaniel - what's going on with www.teaparty07.org and www.teaparty07.net?

They seem to have a copy of your site on their site now. (the formatting looks goofy in my Firefox browser too). I thought they were going to forward the domain to www.teaparty07.com, not simply put up a copycat site?

A while ago, they had a message up at the top of both sites, stating that their site would be moved to the .com site... and now this? :(

Leaving those two sites up like this is producing a lot of confusion... and there are some people at various web sites who are still promoting the .org site extensively, for some reason.

Why can't these people just do what Jordan did with his site and do a complete domain forwarding to www.teaparty07.com? (without any domain masking or anything) What's their reasoning behind this?

EDIT:

NOTE to webmaster of the teaparty07.NET & .ORG -- PLEASE DO A SIMPLE DOMAIN FORWARDING (without domain masking) TO www.TeaParty07.COM.

EDITED AGAIN: the owner has now re-directed the domains. THANK YOU FOR BEING A TEAM PLAYER... I take back all the nasty things I said about you. :o

mfoley1
11-10-2007, 04:11 PM
yeah I just checked the .net site and its all messed up in IE 7 too.

wisconsinite
11-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Yes. These two, .org and .net, are unreadable in Safari and Firefox.

They need to have the visitors redirected to the .com site, not just trying to copy the appearance of the .com site.

SonicInfinity
11-10-2007, 05:06 PM
.net and .org load for me, but are on the left side of the page instead of the center.

Yeah, I think they should just completely redirect to the .com site instead of keeping the picture on the general site itself.

MRoCkEd
11-10-2007, 05:20 PM
this should be for 1 cause

Visual
11-10-2007, 05:43 PM
I'd rather have .org and .net be copies of .com and have emails entered into the .com database. It seems comcast people (myself included) are having a ton of issues with .com.

literatim
11-10-2007, 05:56 PM
I'd rather have .org and .net be copies of .com and have emails entered into the .com database. It seems comcast people (myself included) are having a ton of issues with .com.

I would rather not because the owner of any non-official Tea Party site, no matter how noble the person is, can't truly be trusted.

Wayne Hammond
11-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Edited: looks like they have re-directed it to www.teaparty07.com for now.

Thank you!

cero
11-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Its till not redirecting
question: are the comcast users able to visit the .org and .net sites?

Wayne Hammond
11-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Its till not redirecting

It's vacillating back and forth between the old and new DNS settings - give it about 30 minutes, clear your cookies and history and it should re-direct to the .COM site for you (unless you're on Comcast!) :rolleyes:.

Hope they keep it re-directed to www.teaparty07.com! :)

wisconsinite
11-10-2007, 08:25 PM
They're still not being redirected. It's just showing a poorly coded copy cat site with the scroll placed on the far left, yet leaving the black text centered which makes it unreadable against the black background.

Anything less than a forward to the .com site is unacceptable IMO.

nathanielyao
11-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Hi everyone,

See this post for details:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34323