PDA

View Full Version : IB Times - Ron Paul 2012: Voters Explain How He Won Them Over

georgiaboy
01-14-2012, 10:24 AM
International Business Times - Ron Paul 2012: Voterst Explain How He Won Them Over (http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/281293/20120113/ron-paul-2012-voters-explain-won-over.htm)

One voter, James Kelley, said he supported Paul at first because he seemed like the only candidate who was serious about cutting taxes and spending. But as he researched Paul's platform, he found himself reconsidering his hawkish foreign-policy views.
"Before him, I was basically like, nuke the Middle East and get it over with," Kelley said. "I started hearing what he was saying, and painfully, very slowly, I was like, yeah, actually, it makes sense."

Article does a neat job of showing how different voters come to Ron Paul from different directions. Bolsters the point that we should approach folks based on their top concerns when discussing Ron Paul's policies.

harikaried
01-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Nice. Talks about those who liked economy first, non-interventionism first, predictions first.

bbwarfield
01-14-2012, 11:35 AM
I liked his FED view first... then i wavered on his foreign policy.... so for about 3 months I was for .... don't flame me guys... Newt. Then I decided Newt was terrible and ... even worse.... Santorum shared me views : ( Then one day I was listening to Martin Luther King Jr. on the subject of America shouldn't dare be the policemen of the world. So I gave a new look into that crazy old dangerous man. And he actually was talking about EVERYTHING I was... that his base hermeneutic was the same as mine. So I spent a little while going through my differences really matching them up. I would have to admit I was a flip flopper who had no internal consistency. I wanted to stay with my party rather than my beliefs. I wanted to validate everything I've believed in since childhood... that I was a good Republican and that the Republican party represented MY values.

The truth is out. No party represents your values... they only pander to them. And the worst part of pandering is they promise things that they have no business being involved in. I will support my views with NON goverment organizations. I will donate money through my church and not my Government held charity fund (tax dollars). My church holds my beliefs... my Government protects my rights to hold and practice them, not implement them.

Oddly enough I can say that where I use to agree 5% on things Ron stands for I now agree 99.99999% (his choice of baggy suits sits somewhere in that .00001%)

AlexAmore
01-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Hey bbwarfield, glad to have you on board. I agree that the parties today suck, but it's mostly because liberals who have no business, come and infiltrate and them. One of the best mindfucks the liberals have accomplished is the idea that war, nation building, and policing the world is a conservative idea. It's actually the hallmark of liberalism.

War goes along with everything they want to accomplish, bigger government here and abroad. We go around putting in our own regimes in these 3rd world countries, then we give them billions of dollars to prop up their governments in massive proportions. We're spreading big centralized/dictatorial governments all around the world.

blamx8
01-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Great stuff. bbwarfield that is a fantastic response.

sailingaway
01-14-2012, 01:06 PM
nice write up.

Crickett
01-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Terrific article. Loved the interviews. Really well done, and the supporters made it so.

georgiaboy
01-14-2012, 02:45 PM
The truth is out.

No party represents your values... they only pander to them. And the worst part of pandering is they promise things that they have no business being involved in.

I will support my views with NON goverment organizations. I will donate money through my church and not my Government held charity fund (tax dollars). My church holds my beliefs... my Government protects my rights to hold and practice them, not implement them.

We have a winner.

No Free Beer
01-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Nice. Talks about those who liked economy first, non-interventionism first, predictions first.

That's how it happened to me.

It was all economics, then foreign policy came last.