PDA

View Full Version : Youtube

RP-AUSTRALIA
01-14-2012, 03:09 AM
When I put Ron Pauls name in Youtube the first two videos are what is known as 'featured videos'. These are often alright video's but it would be better if they were switched with maybe the 2002 predictions video and maybe one about electability or foreign policy. Could someone in the campaign maybe change this? It would definately be beneficial as it would maximise Ron Pauls appeal to the masses if and when they decide to do a youtube search.

Aus4RP
01-14-2012, 03:28 AM
Another Aussie!. We'll take over this board soon.

RP-AUSTRALIA
01-14-2012, 03:36 AM
Yeah I noticed some Australians Ron Paul supporters in news article and YouTube comments. I'm from Sydney btw.

Oddone
01-14-2012, 03:41 AM
What you are talking about are actually ad's. You should see a link next to it saying Promoted Videos. When you typed in Ron Paul, the owner of those ads paid to use the keyword Ron Paul for their promoted videos to show up at the top.

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&topic=13660&answer=143422

Aus4RP
01-14-2012, 03:47 AM
Yeah I noticed some Australians Ron Paul supporters in news article and YouTube comments. I'm from Sydney btw.

Good to hear! I wish we had someone like Ron Paul. I hail from Wagga. I've had my signs and bumperstickers on display for years, but alas I'm yet to find another Paul supporter in my city. I'm sure they're out there!.

RP-AUSTRALIA
01-14-2012, 04:02 AM
Oddone

What you are talking about are actually ad's. You should see a link next to it saying Promoted Videos. When you typed in Ron Paul, the owner of those ads paid to use the keyword Ron Paul for their promoted videos to show up at the top.

http://support.google.com/youtube/bi...&answer=143422

Perhaps REVPAC or the campaign should pay for the keywords then. Any idea what it would cost?

Good to hear! I wish we had someone like Ron Paul. I hail from Wagga. I've had my signs and bumperstickers on display for years, but alas I'm yet to find another Paul supporter in my city. I'm sure they're out there!.

He is probably getting a bit better known now... Unfortuately though, even our media hasn't been giving him the same coverage as the other candidates.