PDA

View Full Version : Business Insider: South Carolina: Can Rick Perry Stop Santorum and Gingrich?

Tod
01-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Did a search but turned up no threads with this article title, so if you know of one, flame them for not posting a relevant title.

They hope Romney will turn around the economy via regulatory tune-ups, exchange rate manipulation and debt restructuring.
To put it mildly, these are amorphous, cynical “don’t rock the boat” types. They can live with a well-connected establishment technocrat “who can beat Obama”.
Ron Paul’s appeal is diametrically opposite. Paul is waging a nascent struggle against the entire Finance-Media-Security complex. Paul’s root and branch reforms would replace a century of New York-DC consensus with his own Liberty-Gold-Constitution complex.

Paul’s natural base constitutes young conservatives/libertarians as well as middle-aged White and Blue collar conservative independents who want a true believer in the White House. They are insurgent idealists who want to rebuild the party platform strictly on the Constitution.
There is little overlap between Perry's, Paul's and Romney’s core constituencies.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/south-carolina-can-rick-perry-beat-santorum-and-gingrich-2012-1#ixzz1jPSsn0h4

gb13
01-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Duplicate. Delete, please.

gb13
01-14-2012, 12:23 AM
My God, that first comment (supporting Perry) is one of the worst things I have aver read... She actually calls him "a man of unquestioned integrity and high principle." LOL

Tod
01-14-2012, 11:42 AM
Yeah, it is amazing what some people are saying about candidates. Huge disconnect between reality and perception, oftentimes. I guess these are the people who don't bother to do the legwork required for understanding.