PDA

View Full Version : We should dump ten thousand one dollar bills into boston harbor during TeaParty07

terlinguatx
11-10-2007, 03:10 PM

SonicInfinity
11-10-2007, 03:12 PM
No. Just NO.

That money should be going to the campaign.

Of course, we could also throw out other things. Maybe like, copies of the Patriot Act, or video tapes of Bush's speeches. :)

Peterjar
11-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Good way to get arrested and cause bad press. Oh and what about litering man!

jgmaynard
11-10-2007, 03:16 PM
The perfect thing would be to dump something symbolic, that biodegrades easily and is environmentally friendly and is cheap. I have no idea what though. Could be tea, but some animal rights group will moan about caffenated (sp?) trout. :D

JM

jake
11-10-2007, 03:23 PM
nope, even if you used fake money it would be polluting

Mckarnin
11-10-2007, 03:23 PM
1. The colonists dumped an item of value into the harbor to protest the illegal excise tax on the tea. We should do the same to protest the inflation tax on our dollars. It will be a bold move that will garner attention and make our point heard.

2. We'll be deflating the dollar, another point we would make! By removing that currency from circulation, the dollar would be that much more scarce and valuable. Proportionally the impact would be small, but nevertheless it would be a positive one.

If someone wants to do a "re-enactment" how about a bunch of wooden crates with "Tea" painted on them that are full of 100% hardwood mulch or something along those lines. Or, like professional Boston Tea Party reenactors seem to do, throw empty crates overboard with things like: "nation building", "income tax", etc... written on them.

Brad Zink
11-10-2007, 03:25 PM
If you don't want to pollute, you can attach a fishing line to the crates to haul them back in.

Goldwater Conservative
11-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Let's just dump Giuliani in there.

MRoCkEd
11-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Let's just dump Giuliani in there.
couldnt get much more worthless than that

SonicInfinity
11-10-2007, 03:35 PM
couldnt get much more worthless than that

Indeed.

hard@work
11-10-2007, 03:44 PM
I support dumping Giuliani in the harbor. $10,000? That will buy radio time.

torchbearer
11-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Good way to get arrested and cause bad press. Oh and what about litering man!

Did the colonist break the law? Did they worry about bad press? Who would call throwing money away littering?
Don't want to throw it in a habor? ok. Throw it from a tall building so the fiat money can fall on the people below...who would then pick it up and perhaps donate it to Dr. Paul.
It's the symbolism that is important. Yes, Symbols are important.

terlinguatx
11-10-2007, 03:49 PM

jrich4rpaul
11-10-2007, 03:53 PM
no

torchbearer
11-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Solution- if you are not compeled to do so... don't do so. If your convictions compel you to do so.. do so. It's your money. Your choice.

History lesson- Remember how the V for Vendetta idea was going to backfire and destroy the whole campaign and the world was going to end with mickey mouse and jesus riding on a flaming chariot in the sky? What happened? We made history... and we will keep making history.

Don't have the stomach for civil disobedience? that is ok. stay home.

Midnight77
11-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Nothing is going into any Harbor that weekend. Period.

Meatwasp
11-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Nothing is going into any Harbor that weekend. Period.

Maybe I will to collect the loot!

torchbearer
11-10-2007, 04:47 PM
There will be federal reserve notes floating down the Mississippi River that weekend.

FreeTraveler
11-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Since the 60's, I've been watching as the country becomes more polarized, more controlled, and less open to dissent. I firmly belive that Dr. Paul is our last, best chance to pull us out of this disaster without blood in the streets.

Please, let's all stay on the straight and narrow for now. If Dr. Paul is defeated, then will be the time for "Plan B". Google "Kent State" before you loose the dogs of war, and remember that TPTB have a much more powerful domestic army, and more control over the courts and media today than they did 37 years ago. What would have been termed "civil disobedience" then can easily be classified as "terrorism" today.

If you think "It's only littering" you haven't grasped the taser and waterboarding as actions considered legitimate by the ruling class. Don't underestimate the enemy you're about to go up against and disappear into Guantanamo as an "enemy combatant", or worse yet end up as an "accident" statistic.

torchbearer
11-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Since the 60's, I've been watching as the country becomes more polarized, more controlled, and less open to dissent. I firmly belive that Dr. Paul is our last, best chance to pull us out of this disaster without blood in the streets.

Please, let's all stay on the straight and narrow for now. If Dr. Paul is defeated, then will be the time for "Plan B". Google "Kent State" before you loose the dogs of war, and remember that TPTB have a much more powerful domestic army, and more control over the courts and media today than they did 37 years ago. What would have been termed "civil disobedience" then can easily be classified as "terrorism" today.

If you think "It's only littering" you haven't grasped the taser and waterboarding as actions considered legitimate by the ruling class. Don't underestimate the enemy you're about to go up against and disappear into Guantanamo as an "enemy combatant", or worse yet end up as an "accident" statistic.

Maybe the phrase LIVE FREE OR DIE doesn't mean anything to you, I personally may be close to death due to illness, I have no more fear of the government like you do... you will never be free if you fear your government. Your government should fear you... and they would if we would all get together and march on washington d.c. All 320 million of us...
If I die or go to Gitmo, I don't care. I'm all in and I'm not the only one.
I want to taste freedom at least once before I go.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
11-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Rent one of those Duckboats with an RP banner and sail the Charles River, with RP in the boat, getting off then walking the freedom Trail to Fanuiel Hall.
RP is like a modern day Thomas Paine: Bringing "Common Sense" to American Politics

FreeTraveler
11-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Maybe the phrase LIVE FREE OR DIE doesn't mean anything to you, I personally may be close to death due to illness, I have no more fear of the government like you do... you will never be free if you fear your government. Your government should fear you... and they would if we would all get together and march on washington d.c. All 320 million of us...
If I die or go to Gitmo, I don't care. I'm all in and I'm not the only one.
I want to taste freedom at least once before I go.

Then I can only tip my hat to you, sir, for your intense dedication. We differ only in that I believe we have one last opportunity to reclaim what has been lost without bloodshed, and I want to see that opportunity play out to its fullest.

torchbearer
11-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Then I can only tip my hat to you, sir, for your intense dedication. We differ only in that I believe we have one last opportunity to reclaim what has been lost without bloodshed, and I want to see that opportunity play out to its fullest.

If blood falling from my body helps you claim your freedom, i give it freely. Maybe that's what america needs to be woken up... to see what a police state is before they pull that lever for anyone else but ron paul.
I'm not for violence, but i will not be deterred from exercising my god given rights regardless what threat of force is made towards me. remember, you only have the rights you are willing to fight and die for... otherwise, the government could compel you to surrender your rights.

Menthol Patch
11-10-2007, 05:31 PM
How about forming a line a mile long and one by one dumping copies of the IRS TAX CODE into a screened off portion of the bay? Then afterwards the screen can be pulled in so there will be no littering?

justinc.1089
11-10-2007, 06:06 PM
How about forming a line a mile long and one by one dumping copies of the IRS TAX CODE into a screened off portion of the bay? Then afterwards the screen can be pulled in so there will be no littering?

That would be a doable idea. The rest are not because they are either just littering, or littering and destroying money which is illegal. And you can believe if any amount of money is destroyed by Paul supporters the police will arrest you all.

And yes you can say "Well if I get arrested fighting for freedom its worth it!" But is it really if you didn't have to fight for it yet and get arrested for it yet and still had a chance to get someone like Ron Paul elected?

I really wish these far out ideas would go away. If you don't see something vaguely similar to what you're thinking about already being done there is a reason. Politicians already do fundraisers, we're just doing it better. They already rally too, but again we do that better. But they don't destroy money or do anything else you can get arrested over because that will give you bad enough media to lose an election.

And the people who were against using soooo much Vendetta on the 5th were afraid of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKbeelRzYmk being every media report. And if a compromise had not been reached so that Vendetta videos were taken off of the site, almost every media report would have been like that.

Menthol Patch
11-10-2007, 06:13 PM
That would be a doable idea. The rest are not because they are either just littering, or littering and destroying money which is illegal. And you can believe if any amount of money is destroyed by Paul supporters the police will arrest you all.

And yes you can say "Well if I get arrested fighting for freedom its worth it!" But is it really if you didn't have to fight for it yet and get arrested for it yet and still had a chance to get someone like Ron Paul elected?

I really wish these far out ideas would go away. If you don't see something vaguely similar to what you're thinking about already being done there is a reason. Politicians already do fundraisers, we're just doing it better. They already rally too, but again we do that better. But they don't destroy money or do anything else you can get arrested over because that will give you bad enough media to lose an election.

And the people who were against using soooo much Vendetta on the 5th were afraid of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKbeelRzYmk being every media report. And if a compromise had not been reached so that Vendetta videos were taken off of the site, almost every media report would have been like that.

I love the fact that V for Vendetta was included in the media reports.

justinc.1089
11-10-2007, 06:25 PM
A slight mention is ok, although it takes time away from Paul, but this particular media report was nothing but saying we donated on that day to celebrate terrorism basically. And that is not good.

But its like I said I think the compromise that was reached was the best. If we had kept Vendetta on the site then every media report would have been like the one I posted, or at least most of them. But if we didn't have Vendetta at all, there may or may not have been as much money. And then on top of that it made a great point to the establishment.

eok321
11-10-2007, 06:26 PM
http://europe4ronpaul.blogspot.com/2007/11/strasbourg-tea-party.html

dont know if its been posted but just came across it..

Man from La Mancha
11-10-2007, 06:45 PM
http://bp3.blogger.com/_teP8r1POo2M/Ry5dAxSkevI/AAAAAAAAAMU/IjOw4-4qUhA/s1600/strasbourg%2Btea%2Bparty.jpg

francisco
11-10-2007, 07:11 PM
You're kidding, right? Do not use even one cent of my contributions for this idea.

BAD IDEA. It reminds me of primitive people sacrificing lives to appease their gods.

That money could do much more good reaching out to new supporters in more concrete ways. Throwing money away is what the current crowd in Washington is good at, and we don't want to associate Dr. Paul in any way with behavior like that.

If you really mean it, take up a collection dedicated to the cause and see how far you get.

Conza88
11-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Monopoly Money! - symbolic !:D:D

torchbearer
11-11-2007, 12:48 AM
Use counterfeit bills, they would be no different than the fiat federal reserve note.