PDA

View Full Version : Youtube Links won't work in firefox

DJ RP
11-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Not very political but I'm filing this in the 'other' portion of the forum :)

I know there are some knowledgeable IT peopel on these forums so maybe you can help me.

when I click on a youtube link in firefox the page does not load, if I copy and paste the link it does not load.

However when I put the link into internet explorer it DOES work.

When I go to the youtube home page in firefox the page loads except for the videos in my 'subscribed videos' section. Other pages won't load.

Please help me! :(

pcosmar
11-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Works on mine.
Check your Flash plugins.

DJ RP
11-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the reply :o

Flash plugins?

I don't have any flash related add ons in firefox.

And I'm pretty certain this is a problem on my machine not anybody else's. I just need some suggestions about what it could be :(

pcosmar
11-10-2007, 04:10 PM
You need Flash to play YouTube.
I am guessing that you have Windows, if you have Internet Exploder.
Try installing the Flash plug-in.

DJ RP
11-10-2007, 04:49 PM
I should clarify, they were working fine and it suddenly stopped. But I shall do what you suggested now just to make sure, thanks!

daniel1113
11-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Oddly enough, I am having the same problem. Up until yesterday morning, YouTube links worked fine in Firefox, but now I cannot access any YouTube videos unless I switch to IE. The really strange part is that this is happening on both of my computers. I will go through the process of disabling all of my extensions to narrow down the problem when I get a chance; but it is quite odd that this happened at the same time on multiple computers using Firefox.

freelance
11-11-2007, 11:59 AM
It would be helpful to know what versions of Foxfire you all are running.

I'm on Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9 and there's no problem running YouTube.

fletcher
11-13-2007, 11:27 PM
I am having the same problem. Surprisingly, when I searched 'youtube won't load firefox' on google this page was the first result. Anyone get it working?