PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Try Getting Onto Daily Paul? Google Shows Up Instead!

libertygrl
01-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Very weird. Try it out. I typed in the address and Google shows up. I did a search for Daily Paul and clicked on the link and the same thing happens! What's going on?? I don't trust Google. Sabotage?

The Beastly One
01-13-2012, 05:52 PM
Very weird. Try it out. I typed in the address and Google shows up. I did a search for Daily Paul and clicked on the link and the same thing happens! What's going on?? I don't trust Google. Sabotage?While I was viewing a RP vid on youtube and typing into the chatroom here my computer and xbox mysteriously shut down, restarted, and for several minutes refused to let me get back on the internet. I checked my "cleaning" schedules, etc., but nothing provided a rational explanation. The rest of the electronics/electrical in the house were totally unaffected by this phenomenon. Talk about wierd!

libertygrl
01-13-2012, 06:08 PM
It's now 7:08 est. Same thing - GOOGLE!

eduardo89
01-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Works fine for me.

Daily Paul sucks though.

libertygrl
01-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Works fine for me.

Daily Paul sucks though.
Really?? What would cause this to happen? I never use GOOGLE.

Even the links from search engines don't work for me:

hxxp://www.thedailypaul.com/

For New Hampshire: NDAA Breaks Through to Major Media. Not ...
The content of posts and comments on the Daily Paul represent the opinions of the original poster, and are not endorsed, approved, ...hxxp://www.dailypaul.com/201767/for-new-hampshire-ndaa-breaks-through-to-major-media-not-american-one-the-bbc

hxxp://www.dailypaul.com/202288/new-hampshire-2012-primary-open-thread

FreeTraveler
01-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Daily Paul comes up fine for me.

V3n
01-13-2012, 06:16 PM
libertygrl - Dailypaul came up for me - if it's still not for you it could be a local computer problem (spy-ware or something)

do you have any weird Google-toolbars installed?

If you're on a pc, you could hit Start, then Run, then type "cmd" to go to a command line.. then type

ping www.dailypaul.com

what do you get back? I get 97.65.137.56

kylejack
01-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Google Ron Paul.

kylejack
01-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Very weird. Try it out. I typed in the address and Google shows up. I did a search for Daily Paul and clicked on the link and the same thing happens! What's going on?? I don't trust Google. Sabotage?
Seems like it's limited to you. Someone could be playing a game with you. A hosts file put on a computer can be used to make certain URLs go to certain IP addresses.

libertygrl
01-13-2012, 06:20 PM
libertygrl - Dailypaul came up for me - if it's still not for you it could be a local computer problem (spy-ware or something)

do you have any weird Google-toolbars installed?

There's a Google news bar that came with the computer, but I've never used it. This is the first time this has ever happened.

kylejack
01-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Do you have another browser installed? Try Firefox or something.

libertygrl
01-13-2012, 06:22 PM
I google Ron Paul and it comes up with ton of sites. I can get to the campaign website, but no links to Daily Paul.

Paulitics 2011
01-13-2012, 06:22 PM
Download and run this:
MalwareBytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/)

Tell us what the log says.

libertygrl
01-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Do you have another browser installed? Try Firefox or something.

All I have is Safari. I guess I could try another browser. But I have to cut out of here soon.

libertygrl
01-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Download and run this:
MalwareBytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/)

Tell us what the log says.

Even if I have a Mac? I never had a problem with viruses.

libertygrl
01-13-2012, 06:28 PM
Seems like it's limited to you. Someone could be playing a game with you. A hosts file put on a computer can be used to make certain URLs go to certain IP addresses.

Okay... starting to get paranoid now. Is there a way to find out if I have this file?

V3n
01-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Sorry - my online support ends at "Mac" :(

If she was using someone else's wireless, couldn't they edit the router to point Dailypaul to google for a bit of fun?

Is it your internet or someone else's?

libertygrl
01-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Sorry - my online support ends at "Mac" :(

If she was using someone else's wireless, couldn't they edit the router to point Dailypaul to google for a bit of fun?

Is it your internet or someone else's?

Mine. And not using a wireless.

libertygrl
01-13-2012, 06:34 PM
This sucks! I hate the idea if someone is messing with me. I really have to go now. But thanks guys. I appreciate it. If you have any other advice please post and I'll check back here tomorrow.

V3n
01-13-2012, 06:39 PM
This sucks! I hate the idea if someone is messing with me. I really have to go now. But thanks guys. I appreciate it. If you have any other advice please post and I'll check back here tomorrow.

I don't think it's anything malicious.. good luck! Maybe someone with more Mac knowledge will hop on later..

liberty2897
01-13-2012, 07:42 PM

Try a different DNS server.

IPs for some free DNS
http://theos.in/windows-xp/free-fast-public-dns-server-list/

I suggest OpenDNS

libertygrl
01-14-2012, 07:30 AM
It's Sat. morning and I can acccess Daily Paul again! Very bizarre.. but thanks everyone for trying to help me. :)