PDA

View Full Version : Drop the 15th, focus on 16th

hawkeyenick
11-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Having two dates causes confusion, not only that but it stretches out total payments so that the effective 1-day total would be less than if we just focused on the 16th.

austin356
11-10-2007, 02:52 PM
NO, it is not split up.

Donations on the 16th.

Grassroots action on the 15th.

sketch
11-10-2007, 02:57 PM
I think one reason hawkeyenick is confused is because there's very little talk so far about the 15th grassroots effort. Everyone is focusing mainly on the 16th. We need to do better with planning/promoting both days or else we might as well scrap the 15th like he said.

SonicInfinity
11-10-2007, 03:00 PM
I agree. On the 16th site, perhaps we should find a way to include the 15th on there as well without deterring the "16th" part.

FreeTraveler
11-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Trevor has already said there's a Weekend page coming that will tie the two together. He's working on the Tea Party first since it's the most critical. Give him time to get it done and I'm sure we'll all be impressed.

sketch
11-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Trevor has already said there's a Weekend page coming that will tie the two together. He's working on the Tea Party first since it's the most critical. Give him time to get it done and I'm sure we'll all be impressed.

I realize that, but it's more than just a website, and rightsrally2007.com is up and running smoothly at the moment (is this one that Trevor did?). We could use people's talent to develop logos/videos/graphics, spread the word, and everything else for the 15th events like we've been doing for the 16th.

jgmaynard
11-10-2007, 04:22 PM
No, i am the one who did the 2007 site. I had originally volunteered to do it, but I guess Trevor was already doing a site for it. Ergo, the 2007 name will be pointed to Trevors site, and I'll change what I have to something unrelated.

JM

Midnight77
11-10-2007, 04:31 PM
It needs to be very clear on the site that ALL DONATIONS need to be reserved for the 16th ONLY.

We must beat Hillary Clinton's alleged $6.2 Million dollars raised in one day at all costs. All focus on the 16th for donating.

Menthol Patch
11-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Yes. It need to be made absolutely clear that all donations should be on the 16th. I think the campaign should not accept donations on the 15th too!

literatim
11-10-2007, 06:03 PM
All YouTube videos should be focused on the 16th and teaparty07.com.

Flirple
11-10-2007, 09:43 PM
I think we should not get carried away with elaborate rallies and events for the 15th. Keep is simple and a day for the meetups to canvass and sign wave for the impending money bomb the next day. Us raising money through these money bombs is the most efficient and effective thing the grassroots can contribute to the official campaign. Especially if you are in a state that is not one of the early primaries. Elaborate fund raising concerts, reenactments, etc. are nice and all but much more inefficient.

The websites are on the way and the 15th will mature on it's own naturally through the meetups. I think it will work just fine. And it should become crystal clear to everyone that only the 16th is the money bomb day.

Pride
11-10-2007, 09:45 PM
No.

We will be doing large grassroots efforts on the 15th.
Donating on the 16th.

Shaun
11-10-2007, 11:15 PM
FOCUS, FOCUS ON THE 16TH.
DROP ALL MENTIONS OF THE 15TH, It's like releasing a movie or promoting a concert you would NEVER metion two dates to the RAW and NEW Public.
You people out there pushing two dates are confusing both the media and new people.
The 15th is an INTERNAL date it should NOT appear on videos or any other promo, we need to rasise that 10m on ONE day, this is very, very important. We need to break and smash the 24 hour record.
This is my business, PR and Marketing and this is not BS. Pull together around one date for the public and keep the 15th internal, please get behind this position or you will dilute and confuse the media and new people.
Get everyone focused on one event on one day to break the record..
Laser not shotgun approach for a breakthrough..

Shaun
11-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Pride: The Dec 16th Money bomb IS everything. Everything. Read it again and repeat it..and think about it. Victory will stand and fall on Dec 16th for this campaign. America follows the money...
If ' Ron Paul is Money..." he's going to be the new darling of the decade..
NOTHING else matters except what comes after the 16th. The question we all have to ask is as follows.. " What is the biggest PR campaign that we can do that will have the biggest impact on the biggest section of the world media and lead to the biggest amount of media coverage?"
Answer: Raise 10m dollars in one 24 hour period and a number of things will happen..
1) Ron Paul will have 5,000 worldwide media stories on Google news.
2) Ron Paul will become the number one fundraiser on the GOP side and move into the top three favorites as the others crumble.
3) The campaign will gain another 20,000 volunteers between the 17th Dec and the 3rd Jan as geometric growth kicks in.
4) He will raise another 5-8-million in the last two weeks of the campaign before Jan 3rd.
5) The campaign will be covered 24/7 by the off-line media.
6) Sean Hannity and George Stephanopconfused will lose their permagrins as the grim reality sets in.
7) NH will be flooded with RP people getting out the Independent vote etc.

I think you get the picture.
Push everything else to second and third priority.
Only push one date..the 16th and make History.

Oh, yeah, FRANK? That's right...**** YOU.

Benaiah
11-10-2007, 11:53 PM
I like the idea of only mentioning the 16th in videos and on websites. Keeping the 15th internal sounds like the best plan.

justinc.1089
11-11-2007, 12:01 AM
FOCUS, FOCUS ON THE 16TH.
DROP ALL MENTIONS OF THE 15TH, It's like releasing a movie or promoting a concert you would NEVER metion two dates to the RAW and NEW Public.
You people out there pushing two dates are confusing both the media and new people.
The 15th is an INTERNAL date it should NOT appear on videos or any other promo, we need to rasise that 10m on ONE day, this is very, very important. We need to break and smash the 24 hour record.
This is my business, PR and Marketing and this is not BS. Pull together around one date for the public and keep the 15th internal, please get behind this position or you will dilute and confuse the media and new people.
Get everyone focused on one event on one day to break the record..
Laser not shotgun approach for a breakthrough..

I second this.

smither
11-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Ron Paul is the modern day champion of the Bill of Rights. A significant part of his campaign is focused on restoring the rights listed in the BOR (Habeas Corpus, gun rights, returning responsibility to the states, ...). December 15th is the Anniversary of the BOR.

It would seem that there are a lot of PR opportunities to tie December 15th to Ron's campaign, perhaps even more than to the Boston Tea Party, not to mention the chance to actually educate some folks about the rights they have lost. I understand the enthusiasm of this group to the idea of a tax rebellion, but the Bill of Rights defines what we mean by proper, limited government, and many Americans have no idea of what the BOR protects. I hate to see this opportunity pass.

I also understand the desire to best Hillary's one day record, but is that really a reason to ignore a day that has a natural and multi-faceted connection to the campaign of Ron Paul? We could strongly connect Ron Paul to our Bill of Rights in the public's mind.

I will quietly take down ThisDecember15th.org if that is the considered opinion of this group, but please think about it first.

It's late and I'm signing off. Hope we can come to a conclusion tomorrow.

Best regards,

Conza88
11-11-2007, 12:31 AM
NO, it is not split up.

Donations on the 16th.

Grassroots action on the 15th.

:D spot on.!

Shaun
11-11-2007, 01:02 AM
Smither:
Thank you for your selfless comments in your post....like Reagan said, " you can get a great deal done if you don't care who gets the credit.."
On the PR side one of our biggest issues is that the campaign, at the moment is TOO LOGICAL, it all makes great sense to all of us, but for RP to win, we have to move people EMOTIONALLY and have the logic to back it up. RP himself comes across to your average GOP member as a pleasant, quirky, soft spoken engineering kind of guy. Now, that's fine and it's got a certain audience but for our campaign to really move into the wider audience we need for SUPER Tuesday, we got get our man on a few key sound-bites and a little more BITE every now and again.
It's the same with your Dec 15th idea, of course, to you and me, it makes perfect sense. But it's not sense that will win this election, it's EMOTION and us reaching a TIPPING POINT where RP's nomination becomes at least as believable to enough GOP voters as RudyMitt etc..
What gets us there is the media, and what gets their sex drive up is $$$$$$$$...you and I might not like it, but hey this is AMERICA and AMERICA loves an underdog who comes from behind to win the money. So, for us, it's all about focusing every single breathing human we can possibly convince to donate to donate on ONE day and to know about ONE day and to help them understand that on THAT day the system will change.
No group in US history has had this chance before, all of the "perfect storm" factors are in place, if we don't take this single opportunity and this single moment in time, it may never arrive again and America's only hope for economic, moral and cultural survival will have been lost. We now have that chance, but it's only about one day, it's all the media will care about.." RON PAUL, THE UNDERDOG IN THE GOP CAMPAIGN HAS JUST RAISED 10M IN A SINGLE DAY.." that's the shot, heard around the world, that unleashes emotions of hope and change in millions of citizens who thought their voice would never be heard...
So, yeah, let's do it on the 16th and sacrifice our own positions for the event that thousands are already behind and that the MSM are already linking to.
Hollywood will be involved and public in the days leading up to the event.
All the best to you.
And, oh Yeah..**** YOU FRANK.

hawkeyenick
11-11-2007, 01:11 AM
Smither:
Thank you for your selfless comments in your post....like Reagan said, " you can get a great deal done if you don't care who gets the credit.."
On the PR side one of our biggest issues is that the campaign, at the moment is TOO LOGICAL, it all makes great sense to all of us, but for RP to win, we have to move people EMOTIONALLY and have the logic to back it up. RP himself comes across to your average GOP member as a pleasant, quirky, soft spoken engineering kind of guy. Now, that's fine and it's got a certain audience but for our campaign to really move into the wider audience we need for SUPER Tuesday, we got get our man on a few key sound-bites and a little more BITE every now and again.
It's the same with your Dec 15th idea, of course, to you and me, it makes perfect sense. But it's not sense that will win this election, it's EMOTION and us reaching a TIPPING POINT where RP's nomination becomes at least as believable to enough GOP voters as RudyMitt etc..
What gets us there is the media, and what gets their sex drive up is $$$$$$$$...you and I might not like it, but hey this is AMERICA and AMERICA loves an underdog who comes from behind to win the money. So, for us, it's all about focusing every single breathing human we can possibly convince to donate to donate on ONE day and to know about ONE day and to help them understand that on THAT day the system will change.
No group in US history has had this chance before, all of the "perfect storm" factors are in place, if we don't take this single opportunity and this single moment in time, it may never arrive again and America's only hope for economic, moral and cultural survival will have been lost. We now have that chance, but it's only about one day, it's all the media will care about.." RON PAUL, THE UNDERDOG IN THE GOP CAMPAIGN HAS JUST RAISED 10M IN A SINGLE DAY.." that's the shot, heard around the world, that unleashes emotions of hope and change in millions of citizens who thought their voice would never be heard...
So, yeah, let's do it on the 16th and sacrifice our own positions for the event that thousands are already behind and that the MSM are already linking to.
Hollywood will be involved and public in the days leading up to the event.
All the best to you.
And, oh Yeah..**** YOU FRANK.
So how about we work it like this...

Use the 15th to educate people about the constitution, and about what it's original intent was. Get them proud to be an american and know a little about their history. The constitution was a direct result of the boston tea party.

Here's what I was thinking. Email, toss up forum postings, put up headlines on websites, talk to your friends, etc. to educate them on the 15th, and make the connection between the two. Let them know that they can help take back the constitution by supporting ron paul, and giving if they can.

What do you think;
15th, constitution remembrance, education, mobilization by supporters to blanket the internet and their communities. Push the donations for the 16th.
16th, remind people and donate like hell.

FreeTraveler
11-11-2007, 08:19 AM
So how about we work it like this...
What do you think;
15th, constitution remembrance, education, mobilization by supporters to blanket the internet and their communities. Push the donations for the 16th.
16th, remind people and donate like hell.

Yep, that's been the plan since about day 2 of this process. Trevor is concentrating on the fundraiser on the 16th first, then when that's done we'll dig into the planning for the outreach efforts on the 15th.

smither
11-11-2007, 10:30 AM
I have reworked the site to be more in line with the wishes of this group.

I would appreciate any feedback and suggestions.

http://www.ThisDecember15th.org

Thanks,
Bob Smither

LBT
11-11-2007, 11:49 AM
I have reworked the site to be more in line with the wishes of this group.

I would appreciate any feedback and suggestions.

http://www.ThisDecember15th.org

Thanks,
Bob Smither
Bob,
I think Dec 15 can be a big day organizational and PR wise for the active supporters and meet up groups. It can prepare them for future big events and their state primaries and of course it can create some buzz to kick start the money day, Dec. 16.

Perhaps your site can collect ideas for and news of promotional activities being planned for Dec 15. This could be a good information source to insiders.

Ideas could include Free Tea booths, musical concers, lobbying media to do some lead up stories in advance of the BIG DAY, and of course flag waving, handing out flyers, putting up banners etc.

Maybe you can create a Bill of Ideas (For events / promotions) to link to the Bill of Rights theme.

smither
11-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Good ideas, LBT. I have started gathering links to BOR day activities and observations, and hope to get other related content as well.

Thanks!

newmedia4ron
11-11-2007, 06:10 PM
bump. Only one more one day money bomb for QT4. That day is DECEMBER 16th.

Liberty Star
11-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Having two dates causes confusion, not only that but it stretches out total payments so that the effective 1-day total would be less than if we just focused on the 16th.

Good point.

16th would be the big day and all should focus on that to not dilute efforts or cause confusion.

Flirple
11-12-2007, 12:42 AM
I like the idea of only mentioning the 16th in videos and on websites. Keeping the 15th internal sounds like the best plan.

I agree.

Shaun
11-12-2007, 05:36 AM
Guys, come on, the whole world is looking at teaparty07.com now.
Get on the team, 122%, let's go.
Focus in on getting our man 10m in one day. We have one chance, redirect ALL sites and all actions to the 16th.
Honestly, this is my business in Hollywood, we'll never have a chance to change DC like the chance we have now.
Let our own ideas go, push, push, push Dec 16th, that date and THAT date alone will go down in history, don't confuse a single person or hinder a single person in their concept of how important that date is. This entire campaign stands and falls on that date. PERIOD. Nothing else matters at this point, every intention, every action, every communication and every promotional consideration or thought should be directed at one laser like focused target, and the question each of us must ask every day is this..." Today, did I do everything I could possibly do to focus more people on the www.teaparty07.com site for a Dec 16th donation?"
People, it's time, time for the People's champion and your personal rendevouz with destiny.
" You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on Earth, or we will sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness." Ronald Reagan.
Our date with destiny is Dec 16th.
Let's do it.....Let's really do it.

sketch
11-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Just an observation: I've seen a handful of posts talking about ideas for the 15th, but hardly anyone is reading them or responding to them. If we aren't generating "buzz" among committed supporters for the 15th, what are the chances of success in the general populous? It looks to me that beyond the already-planned meetups on the 15th, the idea has no traction and will soon fizzle out on its own.