PDA

View Full Version : CNN's Dana Bash story on Rand Paul potential White House Run

Tyler_Durden
01-13-2012, 03:20 PM
It just aired. Wonder what their angle is?

pauliticalfan
01-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Yeah, just saw that too. Weird. They were definitely grooming Rand.

tremendoustie
01-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Ah, nm

BUSHLIED
01-13-2012, 03:26 PM
No, what they are implying is that DON'T VOTE FOR RON PAUL NOW because his SON is going to run down the line....people will say I'll vote Romney...then Rand down the line...it'll take our soft supporters away.

Tyler_Durden
01-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Yeah, just saw that too. Weird. They were definitely grooming Rand.

Grooming the behind the scenes GOP brokering:

"Ron, don't run 3rd Party. Endorse Mitt. We'll take on some of your Policy ideas. We'll audit the Fed. We'll cut spending. In 8yrs, we'll make sure CNN pumps Rand for President."

Bruno
01-13-2012, 03:30 PM
The angle is that Ron is only running to make a base for Rand to run next year, that he really doesn't want to become the president himself. If you like Ron, just vote instead for someone else now, and you can vote for Rand in four years.

KingNothing
01-13-2012, 03:31 PM
No, what they are implying is that DON'T VOTE FOR RON PAUL NOW because his SON is going to run down the line....people will say I'll vote Romney...then Rand down the line...it'll take our soft supporters away.

Look, I agree - the media is not kind to Ron Paul.

...but jesus christ, are you serious? They ran a piece about Rand Paul... so that people would... vote... for... Romney? What?

KramerDSP
01-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Yep. As I posted on FB....

Just saw it. The spin was first that Ron Paul was crazy! Then the spin was that Ron Paul was unelectable. Then the spin was that he had a small ceiling of 10%. Then the spin was that he was racist. Then he had a ceiling of 15%. Then it was 20%. Then the spin was he's too old. When that didn't work. they said he was angling to lead a cause, and did not care about elections. When THAT didn't work, they are now saying Rand Paul could become Romney's Vice-President. LMAO.

When Ron Paul wins the Presidency and is President-elect, they will start saying "Ron Paul might have an outside shot at winning this thing". And they'll do it with a straight face.

Indiana4Paul
01-13-2012, 03:33 PM

Maybe it is just a story about Rand Paul at a time when Ron Paul isn't on the campaign trail?

KingNothing
01-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Maybe it is just a story about Rand Paul at a time when Ron Paul isn't on the campaign trail?

Not a chance. THEY are out to get Ron. THEY are shaking in their boots! THEY know that the only way to stop Ron Paul is to say good things about his family! THEY THEY THEY THEY THEY!

Revolution9
01-13-2012, 03:39 PM
When Ron Paul wins the Presidency and is President-elect, they will start saying "Ron Paul might have an outside shot at winning this thing". And they'll do it with a straight face.

#presscorpse

Rev9

AuH20
01-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Rand is the stronger candidate. But why would anyone vote for Romney and thus threaten the window of Rand in 2016? I want Obama to win even though I won't vote for him. Rand will cruise into the White House after a 2nd term from Obama.

BUSHLIED
01-13-2012, 03:42 PM

CNN is trying everything they can to SUPRESS RON PAUL at ALL COSTS....that is the mission of CNN. NEVER forget that. Just take the Dana Bash interview when Jesse pulled the plug...CNN IS NOT OUR FRIEND. DONATE MONEY AND PHONE FROM HOME. That's all you can really do right now for the campaign if you don't live in SC/FL.

DON'T TRUST THE MSM. We have enough evidence from 2007 to Now that they are completely BIAS/UNFAIR/and out to maintain the status quo.

Romulus
01-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Wow... anything to distract from Ron Paul is what they're trying to do...

they know NeoCons like Rand.. but Dana Bash's tricks aren't going to work.

AuH20
01-13-2012, 03:55 PM
I wonder if the GOP considers Ron Paul "damaged goods" downticket when you examine the controversial content of the newsletters and the enormous war chest the Obama Administration is brandishing?

SchleckBros
01-13-2012, 03:55 PM
CNN is doing a story on "Prostitutes for Ron Paul" coming up after the commercial break... ugh.

milo10
01-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Rand is the stronger candidate. But why would anyone vote for Romney and thus threaten the window of Rand in 2016? I want Obama to win even though I won't vote for him. Rand will cruise into the White House after a 2nd term from Obama.

This.

I wonder if people here read too much into things. I don't know if there are any ulterior motives to the report, but I am hard pressed to see how they could pull it off given the circumstances, plus the fact that Rand is so deft at circumventing criticism. By bringing Rand to the fore, it makes Ron seem more "acceptable," if that is the right way to put it. This campaign has not done the best job of utilizing Rand, for whatever reason, so CNN may be helping us with this, no matter what their intentions are.

News outlets are not in the business of being reviled and having their objectivity questioned. CNN has clearly been the biggest enemy to Ron of all the media outlets in the past month. It is very possible that this story is an attempt to do a positive report and get past a little of the heat they are beginning to take on this.

Fredom101
01-13-2012, 04:03 PM
This one's easy. The MSM and talk shows are saying that RP would NEVER run independent if he doesn't get the GOP nod, because it would screw up Rand's political aspirations in the future.

They're talking out of fear. If Ron doesn't get the GOP nomination, they will lose to Obama 100%, and the status quo types are really terrified of Ron Paul's impact if he were to run Indy.

Fredom101
01-13-2012, 04:04 PM
CNN is doing a story on "Prostitutes for Ron Paul" coming up after the commercial break... ugh.

Why "ugh"? Are prostitutes sub-human or something? If I were a prostitute I'd be 1000% for Ron Paul. I see nothing wrong with this story, as it shows what a broad base RP's ideas really have.

Eric21ND
01-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Why "ugh"? Are prostitutes sub-human or something? If I were a prostitute I'd be 1000% for Ron Paul. I see nothing wrong with this story, as it shows what a broad base RP's ideas really have.
It's not about YOU. Don't make YOUR issue the issue of evangelical voters in SC.

Immortal Technique
01-13-2012, 04:13 PM
this meme about Rand's career being ruined if Ron runs as a third party is a way to try and blackmail ron, it is a disgusting tactic

ZanZibar
01-13-2012, 04:21 PM
We need a tube of this!!!!

Sola_Fide
01-13-2012, 04:22 PM
this meme about Rand's career being ruined if Ron runs as a third party is a way to try and blackmail ron, it is a disgusting tactic

Yep. We can not let ourselves or anyone else get sucked in by this meme.

This is a back door attack on Ron Paul.

Babylon
01-13-2012, 04:33 PM
I wonder if the GOP considers Ron Paul "damaged goods" downticket when you examine the controversial content of the newsletters and the enormous war chest the Obama Administration is brandishing?

This might sound heretical, but I don't believe "Those In Charge" care that much about Paul. Nor do I think they feel threatened by him.

What MIGHT be going on is something far far different.

It might not be about the presidency at all...

Rather, it might be about what is going to happen in September 2012.

The bailout and fleecing of the American people, real honestly, could have happened at any time from late 2006 forward...

The date when it was all revealed -- and Pauslon emerged claiming that the entire banking system would collapse in a day or two -- was very deliberate.

To avoid panic, it was necessary to have both Dems and Repubs standing side by side.

Remember the entire charade?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDWSFKnBIHg

The second act of this little play -- the REALLY bad stuff -- is coming down the pipe.
It is planned to occur this fall.
And, in order to avoid riots and the rest, it is essential to have two statesman from the two parties ready to play their part.

Ron Paul, of course, would not allow this plan to work out.

And, the worst scenario of all would be if Paul was a third-party candidate in September 2012.

GoldmanSachs, at al. cannot afford to have 30% of the population aligned behind someone like Paul when that day comes.
They need 100% aligned behind the two wings of the System; Repub and Dem.
It's the only way to avoid a bloodbath.

They will do whatever they can to allow the Paul movement to dissipiate between now and then.

Anyway, that's my Peter Schiff-esque conspiracy theory for the day. ;)