PDA

View Full Version : 2 reasons why Dr. Paul will do more than any other candidate to help the environment

terlinguatx
11-10-2007, 02:30 PM

Nate K
11-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Also printing all that money that devalues the dollar takes papers and papers come from trees.

0zzy
11-10-2007, 02:32 PM
also, stop oil subsidies.

FluffyUnbound
11-10-2007, 02:35 PM
3. The Federal government heavily subsidizes the development of wetlands and open spaces via the National Flood Insurance Program. Terminating this one market interference would probably do more than anything else to slow the paving over of our open spaces.

All those houses in coastal Mississippi and Louisiana that were destroyed by Katrina would never have been built in the first place without this program.

The Federal government puts its thumb on the scale to help big real estate developers build homes where they shouldn't be, and then has to step in to bail everyone out when there's a storm.

libertyordeath
11-10-2007, 02:35 PM
plus all the pollution from the bombs we are dropping.

terlinguatx
11-10-2007, 02:38 PM

J4ck
11-10-2007, 02:39 PM
The Pentagon is burning more Oil than Sweden. Oo

J4ck
11-10-2007, 02:42 PM
5. Private property rights. You will be able to sue people who violate your environment.

freelance
11-10-2007, 02:44 PM
The main thing is that he will NOT suppress all the alternative energy methods that are out there NOW!

Here's a little brainteaser for you. WHO holds the patents for the electric car--maybe it's the electric engine and not the car itself, but whatever...

Goldwater Conservative
11-10-2007, 02:51 PM
The president wouldn't be blowing hot air out of his mouth anymore.

Beerhall Agitator
11-11-2007, 12:10 PM
1. Power Plants -- Overbearing government regulations have hampered the use of nuclear power plants since the 1970's. Not only has this drastically increased power costs, it has led to the widespread deployment of Coal Power plants. Coal fumes are absolutely the worst thing you can put in the atmosphere. No candidate has the courage to point this out, but Paul. He will remove restrictions on building new Nuclear plants. They are cheaper, more efficient, and put out no fumes or pollutants in the atmosphere.

2. Pentagon - I forget how many million barrels of oil it burns through everyday, but the number is huge. By scaling back our empire and wars of aggression, this number will be reduced drastically.

very true. i'm tired of all the other hollow candidates

Steve4RP
11-11-2007, 01:11 PM
One of the first topics outside of the Constitutional basis of RP platform I checked on was his stance towards nuclear power. I think it is one of the best current solutions for our energy crisis and pollution issues.

Currently China is in the process of planning/building 30 nuclear plants to come on line by 2020, they already understand the benefit of nuclear power.

Jwaksman
11-11-2007, 01:13 PM
It has been stated many times and it's true: America's largest polluter by FAR is the federal government. And opening up the market to more nuclear power plants will obviously drop pollution even lower.

terlinguatx
11-11-2007, 01:18 PM

Ron Paul Poker
11-11-2007, 03:31 PM
5. Private property rights. You will be able to sue people who violate your environment.

The role of big government is to protect the polluters. I have a great trout stream in my back yard but my right to eat the fish has been compromised due to very high levels of mercury in the rainwater. The source of the contamination is easy to determine but the EPA has basically granted the power plant a license to degrade my property. Cleaner forms of energy would be much more competitive if the polluters had to pay for the damage they do to personal property.