PDA

View Full Version : Neocon Allen West tells Marine critics ‘war is hell’

COpatriot
01-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Everyone's second favorite "tea party" candidate only to Rubio.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71417.html

AuH20
01-13-2012, 02:49 PM
He's completely correct. That's why military campaigns should be swift and unrelenting. However, certain individuals can't make any profit that way.

ExPatPaki
01-13-2012, 02:54 PM
My cousin has been shot at by the Taliban. He never pissed on their bodies.

I also recall a lot of media outrage at the killings of American soldiers and Blackwater mercenaries. What is he talking about?

kah13176
01-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Oh, Allen West, the sociopathic asshole war-hawk who was court-martialled for torturing an Iraqi prisoner.

jkr
01-13-2012, 03:15 PM
hey Allen , go to hell

youngbuck
01-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Yea, screw Allen West. Here's him operating as DHS shill, defending NDAA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5KJPm2b-v8

QuickZ06
01-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Still, West told the Weekly Standard that the Marines in question need to be given “a maximum punishment,” including a public apology and a full rendition of the U.S. Marine Corps hymn without a teleprompter.

But when he had to "retired" b.c of a court martial that found him guilty of multiple violations of the Code of Military Conduct. All I wanna know is if he did the same thing as he told these Marines to do?

Edit: He was given non-judicial punishment in lieu of a court martial.

moderate libertarian
01-13-2012, 07:01 PM
These guys stupid actions need rebuke and their situation needs some understanding and people who sent them there need ultimate rebuke.

Accused war criminal Allen West however is not going to help their case and needs to keep his trap shut.

bbartlog
01-13-2012, 07:23 PM
I actually would agree that in a war where people are getting their heads blown off, burned to death by Hellfire missiles, turned into vegetables by IEDs and so on, it makes very little sense to be particularly outraged by some guys that are already dead getting pissed on.
I would actually argue that the military encourages media coverage of very minor transgressions like this (another example was when a Marine got disciplined for punching a prisoner). It makes it look like they are taking a really hard line against any sort of abuse, and further makes it look like liberal objections to the hard realities of war are verging on the unreasonable. Probably buys them a little credibility when they want to deny genuine atrocities, too.

Feelgood
01-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Cant stand West or Rubio.