PDA

View Full Version : Is Ron Paul The Most Powerful Statesman/Presidential Candidate In America Right Now?

virginiakid
01-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Is Ron Paul the most powerful politician in America at the moment? He must be, because his views are forcing President Obama to consolidate agencies, even though he doesn't want to take that a step further and cut several programs. Then the DOD announced that they are withdrawing 7,000 troops from Europe. I assume they are being relocated to the Middles east though. Then couple that with the Texas senate race where every candidate tried to be the better Ron Paul type candidate. Foreign policy already being affected, domestic policy being affected, and the minds of people are becoming more friendly to liberty.

alucard13mmfmj
01-13-2012, 02:15 PM
I think Obama is doing this to lessen the message and power of Ron Paul during the debates.

Ron Paul can say "I will cut 5 departments". Obama can say "Well, I already started to do it".
Ron Paul can say "I will withdraw troops and close down bases" Obama can say "I withdrew troops from europe and iraq"
etc etc etc...

Of course, Obama's changes are just minimal and will probably be reversed when he is re-elected. I am pretty sure Obama is going to do the things he "promised" this year because its his 4th year. He doesn't do jack diddly in his first 3 years in office besides getting the country in a bigger mess and destroying our rights. Now he is trying to say "hey look! look at what im doing! im kinda, sorta doing stuff that i promised in my campaign! look!"

kpitcher
01-13-2012, 02:16 PM
I agree with you that suddenly people are talking about the FED, troops overseas, cutting departments all because of Dr. Paul.

Altho I read the recent administration changes as trying to shore O up against a Ron Paul candidate. Ron Paul can say 'bring home the troops from policing the world', O can counter 'Under my administration we've already begun a strategic, deliberate, slow withdrawl'. Paul's cut 5 departments would lead to a 'I've already began to merge departments to improve synergistic efficiencies'.

If they actually pull that it's going to make O fall flat on his face as trying too little, too late. I vaguely remember Obama said during his campaign that he would go department by department and eliminate redundancies. That went as far as the closing gitmo did... Let alone all his other broken promises. But great news the democrats are taking a Ron Paul win as enough of a possibility to make changes!

wgadget
01-13-2012, 02:18 PM
There's a cool video and article on drudge right now where Michael Moore says Dems will go elsewhere because they're pissed at Obama. LOL I wonder where they'll go?

Tyler_Durden
01-13-2012, 02:21 PM
The President, the GOP, and the other Candidates are Ron Pauling by stealing/borrowing/shifting toward ideas he's preached for decades.....

thoughtomator
01-13-2012, 02:21 PM
You ain't seen nothin' yet. Cut it out with the "what we got is good enough, time to resign ourselves to something other than victory" memes.

This ain't just about you, and it ain't just about Ron Paul even. This isn't even just about the continued existence of the Republic. This is a key battle in the future of human liberty. This is the inflection point where we as a people can decide not to be the Orwellian dystopians, not to have the boot stamping on a human face, forever.

Anything less than President Paul means we the people, the American Republic, and humanity as a species has lost.

No compromise. No letting up. This is ours to win and by God we are going to win it.

Indy Vidual
01-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Is Ron Paul The Most Powerful Statesman/Presidential Candidate In America Right Now?

No
But he is doing very well. :)

virginiakid
01-13-2012, 02:23 PM
No one can deny though that Paul is having an affect. With that said, they are trying to lesson Paul's chances of becoming President.

rachmiel
01-13-2012, 02:24 PM
I think Obama is doing this to lessen the message and power of Ron Paul during the debates.

Ron Paul can say "I will cut 5 departments". Obama can say "Well, I already started to do it".
Ron Paul can say "I will withdraw troops and close down bases" Obama can say "I withdrew troops from europe and iraq"
etc etc etc...

Of course, Obama's changes are just minimal and will probably be reversed when he is re-elected. I am pretty sure Obama is going to do the things he "promised" this year because its his 4th year. He doesn't do jack diddly in his first 3 years in office besides getting the country in a bigger mess and destroying our rights. Now he is trying to say "hey look! look at what im doing! im kinda, sorta doing stuff that i promised in my campaign! look!"

It's too little, too late for O. You don't shrink government by bringing the budget to $3 trillion and then shaving off $300 million a year.

sailingaway
01-13-2012, 02:26 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing. Obama was changing his RHETORIC in response to Ron's polling numbers, but after Iowa, with the breakdown of WHO voted for Ron, he suddenly started pulling back military spending, then after NH where Ron was second in BOTH the GOP and Dem (through write in votes) primaries, Obama started consolidating departments.

Thing is, Obama has proven he needs an upcoming election to do his job for the people, and Ron has proven over 30 years that HE does his job for the people, all the time.

kuckfeynes
01-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Well the machine is definitely responding to anti-government sentiment.
And the most visible manifestation of that sentiment is the Ron Paul campaign.
Correlation or causation? Maybe both.
But yes, O is preparing to play that card vs. whoever the nominee is.
What's amazing is that only Ron Paul holds the ace to demolish that card!
Everyone else, he can just say, "And just to what extent is your plan different?"

Tyler_Durden
01-13-2012, 02:32 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing. Obama was changing his RHETORIC in response to Ron's polling numbers, but after Iowa, with the breakdown of WHO voted for Ron, he suddenly started pulling back military spending, then after NH where Ron was second in BOTH the GOP and Dem (Through write in votes) primaries, Obama started consolidating departments.

Thing is, Obama has proven he needs an upcoming election to do his job for the people, and Ron has proven over 30 years that HE does his job for the people, all the time.

As other candidates drop out and this moves toward a Mitt v. Paul two-man race, the PACs and Campaign should create Ads showing how Obama (as of recent) has been shifting policies that are in line with what Paul has been advocating.

Revolution9
01-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Is Ron Paul The Most Powerful Statesman/Presidential Candidate In America Right Now?

No
But he is doing very well. :)

Name ANY OTHER statesman.

Rev9

affa
01-13-2012, 03:07 PM
This is a meme we really need to push.

The issues Ron Paul's forced into the mainstream now dominate all political discussion, and all candidates move in HIS direction, and talk about HIS issues. Things he was laughed at 4 years ago now are the talking points the other candidates copy.

A 'then and now' type video which shows this transition -

Ron Paul on Issue X 4 years ago.
Opponents on Issue X 4 years ago.
Ron Paul on Issue X today.
Opponents on Issue X today.

Repeat for every issue -- budget. fed. bailouts. etc. Include Obama where possible.

Title along the lines of - Ron Paul Leads - The Other Candidates Follow

virginiakid
01-13-2012, 03:33 PM
This is a meme we really need to push.

The issues Ron Paul's forced into the mainstream now dominate all political discussion, and all candidates move in HIS direction, and talk about HIS issues. Things he was laughed at 4 years ago now are the talking points the other candidates copy.

A 'then and now' type video which shows this transition -

Ron Paul on Issue X 4 years ago.
Opponents on Issue X 4 years ago.
Ron Paul on Issue X today.
Opponents on Issue X today.

Repeat for every issue -- budget. fed. bailouts. etc. Include Obama where possible.

Title along the lines of - Ron Paul Leads - The Other Candidates Follow

Not a bad idea.

virginiakid
01-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Sorry to bump my own thread, but didn't want to start a new one and I couldn't find a suitable thread. Anyway, listening to CNN and Fox News just now, it appears that many Republicans are upset at Obama for saying that he wants to consolidate departments. I think this says a lot about many Republicans, that is, that they are more big government than what they claim to be.