PDA

View Full Version : Is Ron Paul not invited to SC Huckabee Debate? [No, invitation turned down]

ronpaulordietrying
01-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Is Ron Paul seriously not invited to SC Debate but Perry and others are? My brother told me this, is this actually true. It is a huckabee debate and that is the only explanation I can find for it. How come nobody is talking about this? Am I just overlooking it?

AlexG
01-13-2012, 01:37 PM
search tool is your best friend. Ron isn't going to the Huckabee forum, that's probably what he was talking about.

PRIEST
01-13-2012, 01:42 PM
As far as I understand it's an unofficial debate and Huckabee thinks poorly of Ron Paul. He's not a journalist.

sailingaway
01-13-2012, 01:43 PM
The last one was good but I have a suspicion the campaign has something else planned.

wgadget
01-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Is this the debate that is scheduled for Monday January 16th? I don't see it listed on the RPF calendar..

tfurrh
01-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Is this the debate that is scheduled for Monday January 16th? I don't see it listed on the RPF calendar..

Its for the Huckabee forum tomorrow the 14th. It looks like this was just recently thrown together, maybe Ron Paul hasn't responded yet.

sailingaway
01-13-2012, 01:52 PM
I had heard he was going, then a paper said all but Ron were going.... at this point I have no clue.

wgadget
01-13-2012, 01:55 PM
So is there a debate the 16th? Wonder where I heard that...

jersdream
01-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Seriously people. It is called google.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-13-2012, 01:56 PM
As far as I understand it's an unofficial debate and Huckabee thinks poorly of Ron Paul. He's not a journalist.

That dirtbag is hardly even a person.

DGraham
01-13-2012, 01:57 PM
There is something in Hot Topics about Ron declining the invitation, there will be a good reason most likely.

Refresh the Tree
01-13-2012, 01:57 PM
January 14, 2012 Huckabee Forum 2: South Carolina Undecided
8pm ET on Fox News (taped broadcast)
Location: Sottile Theatre at the College of Charleston, South Carolina
Sponsor: Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, Congressman Tim Scott (R-SC) and Fox News
Participants: Romney, Perry, Gingrich, Santorum, Huntsman (Unofficial list)

pacelli
01-13-2012, 01:59 PM
This is good. Paul isn't there. So now they can get into the attacks on each other and rip each other to shreds. And then Paul does some event...and guess who the new front runner is????Paul. My thoughts.

Cyberbrain
There's a Huckabee "debate" on the 14th on foxnews which is more like an interview of each candidate run back-to-back. It looked terrible last time IMO. Theres video of it on youtube somewhere.

MMXII

He didn't like what Ron said about his christmas tv ad last election cycle.....guess he's still not over that. Ron dropped a truth bomb on him.......

tfurrh
01-13-2012, 02:01 PM
So is there a debate the 16th? Wonder where I heard that...
Yes.

PastaRocket848
01-13-2012, 02:02 PM
huckabee is a half a cheese burger away from a heart attack. seriously, what happened to that guy? it looks like he ate mike huckabee.

hrdman2luv
01-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Ron Paul needs to be there. Reguardless of who's sponsoring it.

davidhperry
01-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Huckabee much be so that jealous that he's not in the game and getting more attention right now. As a Christian, I think he gives Christians a bad name by promoting the status quo.

I wish he would just mind his own biz and stay out of this.

Xenophage
01-13-2012, 02:06 PM
huckabee is a half a cheese burger away from a heart attack. seriously, what happened to that guy? it looks like he ate mike huckabee.

rofl

Xenophage
01-13-2012, 02:07 PM
This is good. Paul isn't there. So now they can get into the attacks on each other and rip each other to shreds. And then Paul does some event...and guess who the new front runner is????Paul. My thoughts.

There will be plenty of Paul bashing at this, you better believe it.

RileyE104
this isn't a debate, per se.. it's the "Huckabee Forum"

it WILL be on FOX, so I hope Dr. Paul gets invited

davidhperry
He didn't like what Ron said about his christmas tv ad last election cycle.....guess he's still not over that. Ron dropped a truth bomb on him.......

‘When Fascism Comes to This Country, It Will Be Wrapped in the Flag Carrying a Cross’ - Ron Paul

I agree. That's a good line right there.

I'm glad Huckabee isn't running this time. I think he would be doing better than Santorum right now, if he were in the race. Huckabee handled himself better on TV and was generally more likable. He still had his detractors (for good reason), but Santorum is disliked a LOT more. He seems to even revel in not being liked, which is a puzzle for something who's trying to gain wide acceptance as a freaking PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE. I think some 'christians' think it is a badge of honor that 'the leftists' hate you, instead of trying to build a bridge to them and trying to find common ground.

That's one of the other reasons I admire RP. He's a good example of what a Christian ought to be. All reasonable people can respect that, even if they don't agree with him 100% of the time.

Feelgood
01-13-2012, 02:09 PM

Not necessarily. He blew off the Trumpster as well, if you recall...

wgadget
01-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Didn't Ron already attend one huckabee forum? I thought we gave it rave reviews...?

trey4sports
01-13-2012, 02:17 PM
he did terrible at hucks last forum.

musicmax
01-13-2012, 02:35 PM

Yup. Huckabee != Trump.

Travlyr
01-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Sponsor: Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, Congressman Tim Scott (R-SC) and Fox News

If that's true, it hardly qualifies as a debate. It is more like a pep rally.

The Free Hornet
01-13-2012, 02:44 PM
In the case, if it's Ron Paul — and I know I'm going to get a lot of nasty letters and emails, too — Ron Paul is not going to be elected president. He's not," Huckabee said on "Fox News Sunday."
http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/2011/12/huckabee-ron-paul-is-not-going-to-be-elected-president-108658.html

The hell with him.

Is there documented evidence of him saying this regarding Santorum, Newt, Mittens, Perry, and both Cain & Bachmann prior to dropping?

Not attending might be good because the MSM needs to be destroyed. Huck shouldn't fear physical reprisal, he should fear the loss of his audience and people willing to pay for his BS. We are asking Ron Paul to serve as president not to kiss cheeseburger ass.

eduardo89
01-13-2012, 02:44 PM
That dirtbag is hardly even a person.

i dont know about that...he weighs at least as much as 3 persons

dskalkowski
01-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Doesn't matter, Paul is on a four day break.

libertybrewcity
01-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Doesn't matter, Paul is on a four day break.

what??? He's on a break? Why?

wgadget
01-13-2012, 02:55 PM
THE BOSS takes a break whenever he wants.

affa
01-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Without Ron, nobody's watching. People that do will miss his presence. The echo chamber will be laid bare.

odamn
01-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Absence makes the heart grow fonder ...

The Free Hornet
01-13-2012, 03:03 PM
On Fox News Sunday, Huckabee says Ron Paul won't be elected - Fox News then hires him to lead SC forum for "undecided" voters #TheRonPaulGame

odamn
01-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Also if Ron Paul is not there,
the others won't know what to say.

bunklocoempire
01-13-2012, 03:20 PM

The following is only speculation, but also the first thing that entered my mind when the host's name came up.

At least three of those names I know to have held 'prayer' in public for whatever reasons.:rolleyes:

Then there's the guy throwing the bash and his 'prayer' record:

http://s6.postimage.org/89sjww7sh/huckabee.png

'Exploratory prayer' :rolleyes::mad:

I wouldn't blame a walk the talk Christian like Ron to avoid the event on this basis alone. Should 'spontaneous prayer' break out, a true Christian wouldn't want to lend any credibilty to the event with his/her presence.

hrdman2luv
01-13-2012, 03:29 PM
If Ron Paul starts getting shut out, this soon in the game, could quite possibley start a trend that he doesn't want to become the norm.

hrdman2luv
01-13-2012, 03:30 PM
He's not the boss yet.

JS4Pat
01-13-2012, 03:32 PM
http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2012-debate-schedule/2011-2012-primary-debate-schedule/

newbitech
01-13-2012, 03:36 PM
I really wouldn't want to throw personal insults at Huckabee the way some of you are doing in this thread. It's deplorable, and in your supposed vitriolic defence of Ron Paul, you are completely ignoring the fact that Gov. Huckabee pulled down a very close 2nd to McCain in 2008 with 30% of South Carolina's vote.

These voters need somewhere to go, and they may be looking at Ron Paul, especially with Santorum declining do to electibility issues. They want someone who is truthful. I call this the "truth vote". These people aren't going to vote for Romney or Gingrich.

When they come here to look for a candidate, it's probably a good idea that the don't see threads infested with personal insults aimed at the guy they voted for in 2008.

Don't be stupid like that if you are serious about seeing a big chunk of Huckabee's 2008 support mark Ron Paul on their ballot.

blakjak
01-13-2012, 03:40 PM
I really wouldn't want to throw personal insults at Huckabee the way some of you are doing in this thread. It's deplorable, and in your supposed vitriolic defence of Ron Paul, you are completely ignoring the fact that Gov. Huckabee pulled down a very close 2nd to McCain in 2008 with 30% of South Carolina's vote.

These voters need somewhere to go, and they may be looking at Ron Paul, especially with Santorum declining do to electibility issues. They want someone who is truthful. I call this the "truth vote". These people aren't going to vote for Romney or Gingrich.

When they come here to look for a candidate, it's probably a good idea that the don't see threads infested with personal insults aimed at the guy they voted for in 2008.

Don't be stupid like that if you are serious about seeing a big chunk of Huckabee's 2008 support mark Ron Paul on their ballot.

+1. Thanks for posting this. I get tired of the childish name-calling I've seen on these forums.

GHoeberX
01-13-2012, 03:42 PM
he did terrible at hucks last forum.

First thing which came in my mind too. The 2011 Huckabee forum was his worst ever.

The two recent ABC-debates however were (IMO) his best ever.

GHoeberX
01-13-2012, 03:45 PM

If it's a debate, I would say yes, Paul has to be in there.

But last Huckabee forum was no more than a cross-examination! If it's again a 1-on-1 with Huckabee, I would say skip this forum indeed.

milo10
01-13-2012, 03:48 PM

I agree. Let's steer away from petty insults, and stick with issues.

While I have disliked a number of things that Huckabee has said, I thought his last forum was one of the best Presidential debates of the cycle, and I have to give him credit for that. While Ron did well, I think his performance was slightly marred by not hearing one of the questions properly.

georgiaboy
01-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Absence makes the heart grow fonder ...

Just what I was thinking. Viewers will miss not having Ron there. They will see what the remaining options are, and yuk.

FreeTraveler
01-13-2012, 03:56 PM
On Fox News Sunday, Huckabee says Ron Paul won't be elected - Fox News then hires him to lead SC forum for "undecided" voters #TheRonPaulGame

Tweeted. Had to take out "then" to get it under 140 chars.

@AgoristDon

dagnybell
01-13-2012, 04:24 PM

Agreed.

low preference guy
01-13-2012, 04:26 PM
In a fair world, Huckabee would be in jail for releasing rapists and killers who went on to kill again.

newbitech
01-13-2012, 04:29 PM
In a fair world, Huckabee would be in jail for releasing rapists and killers who went on to kill again.

IN a fair world, would there even be rapist and killers?

Gravik
01-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Huckabee is just a butthurt warmonger and pissed that his Iowa victory in 2008 didn't get him the nom.

low preference guy
01-13-2012, 04:39 PM
IN a fair world, would there even be rapist and killers?

Probably not. But in this world, Huckabee should be in jail for releasing rapists and killers who went on to kill again. If that's not possible, he should be ostracized from society for his despicable actions which resulted in rapes and deaths. Do you want to defend rapists and killers now?

ord33
01-13-2012, 06:32 PM
I think this format favors Gingrich over the other candidates attending. Which probably isn't the result we were hoping to achieve.

opinionatedfool
01-13-2012, 06:38 PM
what??? He's on a break? Why?

He's not on a break. He is probably working on strategies and preparing for the upcoming debate. Both of these are not "taking a break."

Kevin Smyth
01-13-2012, 06:45 PM
He's not on a break. He is probably working on strategies and preparing for the upcoming debate. Both of these are not "taking a break."

If his answers during today's interview with Megyn Kelly were a preview of his "preparing for the upcoming debate" then we are in trouble.

tempest
01-13-2012, 06:51 PM
The petty insults need to stop cuz Ron Paul is not boycotting the event (he's not coming only due to schedule conflict)

Oh and by the way the thread title is wrong. This is not a debate. There will not be any debates on this TV program, which calls itself "Forum" and is basically a series of interviews with multiples of candidates.

Mark37snj
01-13-2012, 08:16 PM
The establishment is holding a pep rally, rah rah.