PDA

View Full Version : Ok ...

castor
11-10-2007, 02:17 PM
My mind is made up. I just watched that rally on the CNN page and the subsequent interview and it was incredibly powerful and honest.

This guy is the candidate I have been waiting years to hear. He has my vote and full support. I want to donate and help. Should I save donations for this money bomb thing or just do it now?

DJ RP
11-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Awesome :D Welcome

Donate tomorrow (11th) for veterans day if you can www.thisnovember11th.com then save up and donate all you can on dec 16th.

If you can afford to donate between those dates by all means do!

Ron Paul will repay all donations tenfold, through his policies, when elected!

DrNoZone
11-10-2007, 02:19 PM
My mind is made up. I just watched that rally on the CNN page and the subsequent interview and it was incredibly powerful and honest.

This guy is the candidate I have been waiting years to hear. He has my vote and full support. I want to donate and help. Should I save donations for this money bomb thing or just do it now?

How about both! Welcome to the revolution!

CoreyBowen999
11-10-2007, 02:20 PM
I agree with DJ. donate tomorrow and then donate again on December 16th! :D

ronpaulyourmom
11-10-2007, 02:22 PM

Welcome castor!

Corydoras
Welcome, welcome, welcome. I saw your old posts and I know you are making this decision with so much care... so glad you decided to back such an honest man.

Donate now... the campaign needs to keep money coming in continuously... anyway, in a month you'll probably have another few bucks you can throw in to join in the fun... do your first donation now.

Welcome.

P.S. I forgot about Veterans Day. Do Veterans Day tomorrow!

castor
It is a real shame that this real american isn't getting close to the coverage of these other neo con heavy hitters. How can we fix this?

castor
11-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Welcome, welcome, welcome. I saw your old posts and I know you are making this decision with so much care... so glad you decided to back such an honest man.

Donate now... the campaign needs to keep money coming in continuously... anyway, in a month you'll probably have another few bucks you can throw in to join in the fun... do your first donation now.

Welcome.

P.S. I forgot about Veterans Day. Do Veterans Day tomorrow!

I can donate the maximum allowed right now. It would probably be better to save it for the biggest fund raising day to have maximum effect right?

MsDoodahs
11-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Welcome!

meetup.com, find your local meetup group.

ronpaul2008.com visit the store and buy some stuff

There's an area here at the forums for stuff, too - magnetic car signs, phone poll signs, etc.

:D

DeadheadForPaul
11-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Castor, welcome aboard!!

I recommend donating tomorrow for Veterans Day to send the message that we support our troops and want to bring them home. Our last donation drive on Nov 5th generated more media attention than you can buy through ads! Though Veterans Day will not be as big as Nov 11, it's all about sending a message. You dont need to give a lot. $5, 10, 20, 100, whatever! This is about average Americans making donations! Then you can wait for the Dec 16th Boston Tea Party donation to give more if you wish. December 16th is when we're trying to beat the $4.3 mill that we raised on the 5th, so you might want to save more from that a make a smaller donation on Nov 11

Great to have you :)

Can you tell us how you found out about Dr Paul?

Cindy
11-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Yes, Nov 11th, dec 16th and anything you can afford in between.

WELCOME to the campaign!

It is exciting when you realize just how honest and real he is huh? It's a very exciting grassroots campaign to be a part of as well.

Amazing we have this option for President. We have to do all we can while we have this opportuntiy to restore the Republic and an honest man who is dedicated to serving us under his Oath to serve the Constitution, to the White House.

Read here often as you will learn of plenty of opportunities to help out.

Also look into joining your local meetup group. google "meetup", then plug in your zip code and it will show groups in your area.

jd603
11-10-2007, 02:27 PM
First, http://thisnovember11th.com , donate $100 or more.

Then, maybe wait until December 16th for teaparty07.com or thisnovember16th.com , doesn't really matter which since its same day. :)

SwanMaiden
11-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Welcome to the REVOLUTION Castor!!!http://bestanimations.com/Holidays/Fireworks/Fireworks-01-june.gifhttp://bestanimations.com/Holidays/Fireworks/Fireworks-03-june.gifhttp://bestanimations.com/Holidays/Fireworks/Fireworks-02-june.gif

TechnoGuyRob
11-10-2007, 02:30 PM
I can donate the maximum allowed right now. It would probably be better to save it for the biggest fund raising day to have maximum effect right?

Donate $100 tomorrow and $2200 on Dec 16th.

deedles
Yea Castor!!

Eric21ND

How did you find out about Ron Paul? What was it that made you say, "yup this is my guy" I'm always curious how new people come to the campaign.

Thank you for your support :)

Dave Wood
11-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

Freedom means donate when ever you fricken FEEL like it:D:D

It is fun to be part of the big bombs though......kind of gives you an adrenaline high until the next morning:o;)

Cindy
11-10-2007, 02:39 PM

It is fun to be part of the big bombs though......kind of gives you an adrenaline high until the next morning:o;)

The Big bombs are getting him the Great pro Positive press and reporters takeing him more seriously asking him more serious questions.

Donating heavier on bomb days is the way to go it seems. the 5th launched this campaign into light year campaign funding status
and broke a record that recieved awesome loads of press.

madcat033
11-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Dude, I freaking LOVE threads like this.

lawdida
11-10-2007, 02:41 PM

I think donating it all tomorrow is probably best. The sooner he gets the money, the better. Then you can spend your time between now and the 12/16 trying to get others to donate and you will have the credibility that you are already maxed out. Also, I think tomorrow’s money bomb will benefit more from your help than 12/16.

madcat033
11-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Yeah Castor I'd say you should throw in $100 tomorrow and $220 on December 16th. We want to completely shatter the one day record on the 16th. Like, literally, double it. That would be SO COOL.

castor
11-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Well I work long hours so I don't have much time to spend researching everything but I do what I can. I was driving on the highway to an engineering study in southern IL and there was a huge Ron Paul banner on the overpass.

I figured if someone went to enough trouble to do that, I should find out what hes about. Then I started reading about his positions on his website, watched a couple of his youtube videos and really liked a couple of them (the don't tread on me one and a PBS interview in particular) and started asking questions.

I was initially a little turned off when I asked some legitimate questions about him and got some nasty responses from a couple people just because I didn't share their views, but I decided that was a poor reason for deciding about a candidate and it turns out the majority of other responses were very civil. So then I found this site and voiced a couple of my remaining concerns and I agreed for the most part with the replies I got.

I probably would have made this decision much earlier on, but I didn't really hear about him on the news until the money bomb thing on Nov. 5th. I was getting pretty sad about the choices in candidates that were being presented up until now.

Since I have been able to vote I have been fairly apathetic to the whole process as it just seemed to be more of the same every election. Ron Paul seems to be the real deal and I believe he is truly the people's representative.

hopeforamerica
11-10-2007, 02:48 PM

Welcome aboard! I think if you want the biggest impact with your $$ save it for the big one on Dec 16th. However, it's your $$ and the campaign will make good use of it whenever you donate.

Or

You could break up your donations for both date.

I love Ron Paul!!!

freelance
11-10-2007, 02:50 PM

+1

Cindy
11-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Yeah Castor I'd say you should throw in $100 tomorrow and $220 on December 16th. We want to completely shatter the one day record on the 16th. Like, literally, double it. That would be SO COOL.

He said he can max out and has 2,300.

I would max out tommorow if it were me. To keep up with the momentum from the 5th, it would be great if RP could hit 10 Mill for the quarter on the 11th. 2.2 mil to go to accomplish that tommorrow.

We need to raise at least 1 mill to morrow to dissmiss any comments about the 5ththe being a fluke.

I will be donating what I can tomorrowand on the 16th.

Tough, as we also just ordered dozens of lawn signs for a paint the town Ron, his books to send to friends, thousands of slim jims for a black friday signwaving at the mall, Custom made RP shirts, and will be getting DVDs made next week.

( We won't be taking a vacation this Christmas like we ussually do!!!)

Castor, spend some of your donation at the RP store as it counts towards his totals and you will need some gear for campaigning anyway.

terlinguatx
11-10-2007, 02:53 PM

Chibioz
11-10-2007, 02:54 PM
I agree that maxing out tomorrow is the way to go. I think a stronger showing tomorrow will help our momentum going into Dec 16th.

lawdida
11-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Castor, spend some of your donation at the RP store as it counts towards his totals and you will need some gear for campaigning anyway.

Or, he could max out tomorrow and order from non-campaign stores to save the campaign from some of the transaction costs and to make sure all the money is counted tomorrow.

Dave Wood
11-10-2007, 02:56 PM

I would max out tommorow if it were me. To keep up with the momentum from the 5th, it would be great if RP could hit 10 Mill for the quarter on the 11th. 2.2 mil to go to accomplish that tommorrow.

We need to raise at least 1 mill to morrow to dissmiss any comments about the 5ththe being a fluke.

I will be donating what I can tomorrowand on the 16th.

Tough, as we also just ordered dozens of lawn signs for a paint the town Ron, his books to send to friends, thousands of slim jims for a black friday signwaving at the mall, Custom made RP shirts, and will be getting DVDs made next week.

( We won't be taking a vacation this Christmas like we ussually do!!!)

WOW! Cindy, It sounds to me like you are the Ron Paul SPAMMER that has been doing everything for the campaign to make it look big!:eek::eek:

I salute you for all that you do!!;)

Cindy
11-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Or, he could max out tomorrow and order from non-campaign stores to save the campaign from some of the transaction costs and to make sure all the money is counted tomorrow.

If he is willing to spend more then the max donation.

otherwise, I would spend some of it at the store to at least get a T-shirt or sweat shirt, lawn sign and pack of slim jims.

Meatwasp
11-10-2007, 02:59 PM
I agree that maxing out tomorrow is the way to go. I think a stronger showing tomorrow will help our momentum going into Dec 16th.

Ditto, Ditto, and Ditto

BIG_J
11-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Also, I think if you max you are welcome to any of the private briefings he has...so if you think he is going to come to your area and want to attend one of those you might want to do that...

American
11-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Welcome Castor, your support is very welcome and please spread the word.

Buy slim jims from the campaign web site and pass them out.

tomorrow would be a great time to donate.

chrismatthews
11-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Welcome man,

I remember when you first posted, and i flinched at some of the flack you took.

Please never feel the need to censor your ideas and stands on the issues.

This is a great group of people you're now associated with, but a few of us have yet to learn the principal of being a non-interventionst when it comes to debate. :)

Hopefully more people will take the time to investigate the candidates and the issues they stand for, because if this election is decided on merit, we are a shoe-in.

theoddmonkey
11-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Castor, a very warm welcome to you! I myself and relatively new as well.

I know many people advocating donating as much as possible as soon as possible, but (without offense to the those behind the november 11th drive) I tend to think it would be best to save up for December 16th. IMHO it will be a better Return on Investment, seeing as it will likely be huge (on par with nov. 5th or much bigger) and you'll earn twice as much publicity for Dr. Paul buy waiting and donating the same amount. Realistically, tommorows event I'm sure will be great, but won't garner the amount of media attention that I presume Dec 16th will.

More than anything, though, use your best judgement. After all, it has led you to support a sound candidate.

werdd
11-10-2007, 03:11 PM
welcome man

jcbraithwaite7
11-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Welcome Castor... (I like you already- my maiden name was Castor)

I wish more people would go through the thought process you have before making a decision to get behind a candidate. That is what it should be about.

ksuguy
11-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Glad to have you on board. Now tell your friends and get them registered to vote in the Republican primary!

Energy
11-10-2007, 03:22 PM
It is a real shame that this real american isn't getting close to the coverage of these other neo con heavy hitters. How can we fix this?

We do our best to tactfully call the media on it but for now it's up to us and the campaign. Word-of-mouth, publicity (like Nov 5th). Get involved. Give campaign materials. Share youtube videos.

I say donate some tomorrow and the bulk on the 16th.

Corydoras
11-10-2007, 03:24 PM
If you can max out tomorrow, then do it, and then work on converting others into voters and donors to the cause. I maxed out months ago and don't regret it. The campaign needs money all the time and not just during our moneybombs. Don't wait a month.

hard@work
11-10-2007, 03:48 PM

So good to see you!

:)

It just gets better from here.

Zydeco
11-10-2007, 06:04 PM

I like your style, castor -- I'd say put half in tomorrow and the other half on Dec. 16th.

lx43
11-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Welcome to the revolution. :)

LibertyEagle
11-10-2007, 06:11 PM

It's a tough choice, but I'd say tomorrow. Even though the fundraiser on 11/11 is a smaller one than occurred on 11/5, it was mentioned on national TV. We don't want it to fail. Plus, it's Veteran's Day.

Welcome to the $2300 club, castor. :)

constituent
11-10-2007, 06:14 PM
welcome castor!

Menthol Patch
11-10-2007, 06:17 PM

Welcome to the REVOLUTION!

We are glad to have you!

Please donate tomorrow at 12:00PM when the Nov. 11th money bomb begins!

jnpg
11-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Welcome Castor and all other new RP supporters. So glad you are donating and just deciding when is best- I am for splitting it up- I want the Tea Party to kill.

Happy to know that the overpass sign piqued your curiosity- I have been known to stand on an overpass with a RP banner. (it's pretty fun for anyone that hasn't done it- )

I think getting some slimjims from the official campaign is a great idea and you can tailor those to the audience you get to interact with.

Keep it up everyone! :D

JMO
11-10-2007, 06:19 PM

Just my opinion but i would wait til tomorrow to donate the max. The amount of publicity these money bombs contributed to the campaign for out weight Dr Paul getting the cash 1 day earlier.