PDA

View Full Version : What were Ron Paul and Mitt Romney like as kids? (video)

sailingaway
01-13-2012, 12:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMUBaP0M17E&feature=youtu.be

Constitutional Paulicy
01-13-2012, 12:08 PM
OMG I love it!!!!

Feeding the Abscess
01-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Attacking Romney for engaging in the free market is not a good attack at all, especially with Ron defending those actions. There's so much wrong with Romney that joining Newt in a who-can-torpedo-faster contest is completely unnecessary.

sailingaway
01-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Attacking Romney for engaging in the free market is not a good attack at all, especially with Ron defending those actions.

Yeah, that part should be edited out, imho, but it isn't my video, I just found it on twitter and overall I liked it.

SamuraisWisdom
01-13-2012, 12:16 PM
I actually liked his attack on Romney's private sector experience because he contrasts it with Ron's. It shows that Romney was just out to make a buck while Ron was in it to do well AND help people. Great video and I hope he makes more, but next time he needs to edit the narrating!! He can't be stumbling over his own words

FA.Hayek
01-13-2012, 12:20 PM
i love this man!

rockandrollsouls
01-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Who is the moron narrating this. It's truly obnoxious to listen to.

Dublin4Paul
01-13-2012, 12:44 PM

Yeah, really, the guy couldn't take multiple takes to make it somewhat smooth? lol.

The content, however, is fantastic and shows we are supporting the right candidate.

KEEF
01-13-2012, 12:45 PM

Yeah the dude stumbled over his words way too much.

AlexAmore
01-13-2012, 12:45 PM
There's nothing wrong with wanting to make a lot of money. As Rush Limbaugh rightly points out greed has helped more people than charity. More money = more mouths fed.

rockandrollsouls
01-13-2012, 12:46 PM
^^ Wrong. Mitt, and many others, are the primary beneficiaries of crony capitalism. In such cases, wealth is not created. Rather, it is redistributed.

Feeding the Abscess
01-13-2012, 12:50 PM
^^ Wrong. Mitt, and many others, are the primary beneficiaries of crony capitalism. In such cases, wealth is not created. Rather, it is redistributed.

Venture capitalism is not crony capitalism. It's a necessary and proper function of a free market.

Publicani
01-13-2012, 12:51 PM
What's wrong with making money? You think Ron was in charity? Is that why we should vote for Ron because he couldn't make as much money as Romney? Or is it wrong to fire people to make money?

You screwed up a great idea that you came up with.

AlexAmore
01-13-2012, 12:52 PM

I'll agree with you. but this video doesn't make that distinction or go into his crony capitalism background. It simply states that firing = bad, and that's not true except in the liberal mind.

mosquitobite
01-13-2012, 12:53 PM
The other thing that struck out to me was the part about Romney being "groomed" to follow in his father's footsteps. Not a good argument to make considering Rand is following his father's footsteps.

Travlyr
01-13-2012, 12:53 PM
There's nothing wrong with wanting to make a lot of money. As Rush Limbaugh rightly points out greed has helped more people than charity. More money = more mouths fed.
I like the video, yet I do not buy that ^ narrative.

There is nothing wrong with earning a lot of money. In a fiat money system a lot of people starve and go homeless while others make a lot of money and hold $thousands, $millions, $billions, and $trillions net worth.

In a sound monetary system virtually everyone who works has a place to live and eats regularly. Big difference.

AlexAmore
01-13-2012, 12:56 PM
I like the video, yet I do not buy that ^ narrative.

There is nothing wrong with earning a lot of money. In a fiat money system a lot of people starve and go homeless while others make a lot of money and hold $thousands, $millions, $billions, and $trillions net worth.

In a sound monetary system virtually everyone who works has a place to live and eats regularly. Big difference.

You're absolutely right and I didn't mean "more money" in a fiat sense, though I can see now how I could be easily misunderstood.

Sweman
01-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Do a video yourself then. No need for namecalling.

rockandrollsouls
01-13-2012, 01:05 PM
What Mitt involved himself with was a little more than venture capitalism.

Pretty big difference there, and you should know it.

Venture capitalism is not crony capitalism. It's a necessary and proper function of a free market.

rockandrollsouls
01-13-2012, 01:06 PM
I will happily narrate it if the owner of the video sends it my way. It doesn't take but a couple takes in audio software to get it right.

Do a video yourself then. No need for namecalling.

Justinfrom1776
01-13-2012, 01:07 PM
I like the vid.. I think the narration actually makes it sound more authentic. While I agree attacking capitalism is a bad idea, it works in this video as far as showing contrasting personalities and principles. What we should be hitting Romney on is corporatism, taking a 10m bailout in 91'. I speculate there was an under the table deal with Lehman brothers for their buy rating on DDI which Bain owned and then dumped all of the shares making a fortune while devastating investors. I would even go as far to say that the SEC looked the other way while all of this was going down, and I'm not a big conspiracy theorist. I just realize that this is how the world works for dirt bags like Mitt Romney.

Justinfrom1776
01-13-2012, 01:08 PM
I will happily narrate it if the owner of the video sends it my way. It doesn't take but a couple takes in audio software to get it right.

I think it's fine.. But then again I think Jack Hunter has a great voice too. I also happen to sound just like Gary Coleman and am very sympathetic to anyone with a very nasally voice.

freedoms-light
01-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Pretty big difference there, and you should know it.

Keep in mind the target audience.
They don't know or much less care.
That part, like some of Ron's debate answers
passes way above their heads.
The video will clearly reach the average
voter in a very positive way for Ron.

rockandrollsouls
01-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Also, anyone putting a video on youtube should know it's going to be criticized.

Travlyr
01-17-2012, 12:18 AM
Interesting

Indy Vidual
01-17-2012, 12:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMUBaP0M17E&feature=youtu.be

+10 :)