PDA

View Full Version : Reason for optimism

Acala
01-13-2012, 11:50 AM
The Champion of the Constitution has broken through the barrier of silence with the message of liberty. And the number of people that are waking up is snowballing. Unlike the others, his support has deep roots so it is not going away.

But here's some additional cause for optimism.

Ron Paul brings the truth. The truth eventually triumphs. The truth has a sound that resonates with people longer and more deeply than the glib lies. When people hear the sound of truth they are not going to want to go back to hearing lies. It will take a while, longer for some than others, but now that the truth is being heard, people are going to like it.

Ron Paul brings a message of love and compassion. This is the essential antidote to corruption, fear and hatred. The message he brings drains the power out of the rhetoric of fear and hatred.

Ron Paul brings the message of freedom. And, as he has so wisely emphasized, freedom brings us together. As people hear the solutions liberty offers, presented with gentle, compassionate, wisdom, the factions that have divided us will heal. People will see how it is possible to live together in peace even though we have different values.

Ron Paul brings a message of hope. And even the most cynical among us have a little flicker of hope waiting to be fanned into a new age of grounded optimism about what human beings can be.

Ron Paul brings the most powerful medicine for what ails the world and the time is ripe for people to accept it.

The Beastly One
01-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Your optimism inspires me, and even awes me a bit. While you are right about RP being our hope against tyranny, I believe that the sheeple have done IRREPARABLE damage to our great Republic. They have legitimized the anti-american specter looming over our once great nation. They have stated unequivocally that they will NOT be responsible for their own lives and choices, and begged the Regime to support and direct them In Loco Parentis. They have put their chosen shepherds into EVERY level of the Regime, and inundated our nation's children with the idea that they are not free to choose anything without permission. They have damaged entire generations with their propaganda...and we let them. Shame on us, Acala. I'm not certain that we have the right to ask for salvation when we didn't bother to create our own salvation when this Regime was young and weak; when we should have stomped it out with malice and the foot of the Costitution. I'm not convinced that all the love, optomism, and hope in the world won't be trampled beneath the feet of undeserving cowards that think we are wrong for even wanting to handle our own affairs. Yes, there is a flicker of hope, but that is just what it is: a flicker. A tiny, tiny light in the overwhelming sea of evil and darkness. Do not delude yourself, Acala. Their numbers are many, and their weapons great. We have an Everestine mountain to climb, and we stand at its foothills agape with horrer at its immensity. Blessings be heaped upon you for the seed of faith (which I clutch to dearly as well) you present here, but look here into the eyes of a great beast risen from the sea of evil having seven heads and seven crowns. Behold: The Beast...

bcreps85
01-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Well, last time around I was disheartened early on. The way the media treated him and the fact that he just didn't have the national recognition to overcome it was brutal. After reading about Ron Paul on the issues, I bought some of his books and gave them a read. Around the same time, my father had been reading a lot about fiat money and the federal reserve, though not books by Ron Paul. It was interesting because he ultimately came to the same conclusion from different material. It was sort of a moment of clarity for both of us...the sort of thing that just hits you like a ton of bricks and you can't go back to how you were before.

This time it is different. The media is up to it's same games, but it seems to be backfiring. Last time nobody in my family or friends wanted to hear me make my case for him. My family tends to be GOP sheep and my friends were for Obama with the exception of a couple that I didn't have to turn onto Ron Paul because they were already there. This time people are listening. Some of them just let me make my case and then say they will vote for him. Some hear my case and then say they will do more research before making a decision. This is good, because I suspect that it will be similar with a lot of people...once your eyes are open, they are open. Then the more people there are, the more people they will convince. Then the media keeps trying to play it's tricks, but it just doesn't work against a guy who is consistently getting over 20% of the vote in a field split 6 ways...even those not being approached with him directly are inclined to go ahead and Google him. We are building momentum. We have grown exponentially since last time around, and if the momentum keeps up we just might find ourselves in a 2-way race for the nomination, which is the best thing that can happen. The media will pretty much have to back down at that point, and Romney will no longer be able to avoid a confrontation with Ron. Two way debates will do a lot to help convert people as well.

The absolute most important thing right now is to get 1st or 2nd in SC, and presumably Mitt will be opposite us, and Newt most likely 3rd. Perry had already imploded, and we are now seeing Huntsman and Santorum plummeting in the polls. All three of them are very likely to drop out if they have another poor showing. If Newt gets 3rd or less, I'm not sure he will drop willingly, but the calls from the party leaders to drop out will become too large for him to ignore. Ron Paul has been a one man wrecking crew this election cycle, and if he keeps that up for SC I think we are going to be in a very good place...

Indy Vidual
01-13-2012, 07:46 PM
+1 for optimism :)

jacmicwag
01-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Wow. Great posts guys. It's hard to believe we have come this far. No one seems to know at this point if it can keep on growing myself included. Guess we keep on keeping on and enjoy the ride as far as it goes. Could be a lot worse.

Kodaddy
01-13-2012, 08:18 PM
This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...let it shine, let it shine, let it shine....

Indy Vidual
12-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Hope for America