PDA

View Full Version : Endorse Liberty PAC has spent $1M in support of Ron Paul

bluesc
01-13-2012, 12:02 AM
All in this month.

Expenditures: http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/indexpend.php?cmte=C00508002&cycle=2012

Hopefully they can go on the air in SC. Focusing on the internet for now.

Updated: It's now $2.8M.

bluesc
01-13-2012, 12:04 AM
And we also know what that mysterious expenditure for "costumes" that was reported on was for now :p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Veh34snez7Y

mport1
01-13-2012, 12:24 AM
When do we find out what Revolution PAC has spent?

sailingaway
01-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Wow, for not tv, that's a lot.

JoshS
01-13-2012, 12:26 AM
we already own the internet..

bluesc
01-13-2012, 12:27 AM
When do we find out what Revolution PAC has spent?

Apparently the SuperPACs disclosed this information in Jan 2nd, but Endorse Liberty has been updating constantly and Mitt's isn't showing expenditures but is showing his donors (Bain Capital - $1.5M). RevPAC shows nothing. This all confuses me.

bluesc
01-13-2012, 12:29 AM
Wow, for not tv, that's a lot.

Yep. I read an article about it. While people say "we own the internet", that is true, we comment the most, etc, but there is some interesting information here. It's easy to target the people you want to online. It's insane how well you can target them, and it's much cheaper than TV.

The efficiency factor is why targeted digital advertising makes special sense for campaigns that are expected to be outspent by other campaigns with deeper pockets, said Jordan Lieberman, managing director of politics and advocacy at CampaignGrid, an online advertising company in Washington, D.C.

The company helps candidates and advocacy groups target ads at voters online.

“VideoGrid,” one of its products, helps candidates and other entities to reach voters by mapping and correlating voter registration and demographic information to internet data.

Statistics from the Pew Research Center also make the case: A 2009 report showed that just over half of the U.S. population went online in 2008 to “get involved in the political process or to get news and information about the election.” And of those who use the Internet, almost half of the population went online in 2008 to watch a video related to a political campaign.

A third of those “Internet users” shared political content with others. Per Pew, voters also consider the Internet to be just as important as newspapers as a source of information.

JoshS
01-13-2012, 12:34 AM
I think a better investment would be to put the money directly toward SC rather than online.

bluesc
01-13-2012, 12:37 AM
I think a better investment would be to put the money directly toward SC rather than online.

You can target SC voters online. You can target them MUCH more effectively (avoid Democrats, target young voters, seniors, etc).

In other news, RevPAC filed an expense with the FEC for $100,000. It was for the Compassion ad in NH. That means they are relying entirely on small donors to go on the air.

Esoteric
01-13-2012, 12:43 AM
Peter Thiel?

bluesc
01-13-2012, 12:44 AM
Peter Thiel?

I hope so. There are many others it could have been too. It may have been the guy who started it, or locals donated to a fundraiser for him.

lucent
01-13-2012, 12:44 AM
You can target SC voters online. You can target them MUCH more effectively (avoid Democrats, target young voters, seniors, etc).

In other news, RevPAC filed an expense with the FEC for $100,000. It was for the Compassion ad in NH. That means they are relying entirely on small donors to go on the air.

The lack of rich donors has been largely disappointing. There are poor people who donate a large percentage of their paycheck and they live paycheck to paycheck.

bluesc
01-13-2012, 12:46 AM
The lack of rich donors has been largely disappointing. There are poor people who donate a large percentage of their paycheck and they have a hard time to survive.

I agree. It sucks how many here cut down on essentials such a food to donate while the rich libertarians are busy building a fucking artificial island and a city in the Honduran jungle.

mport1
01-13-2012, 12:47 AM
The lack of rich donors has been largely disappointing. There are poor people who donate a large percentage of their paycheck and they live paycheck to paycheck.

If Thiel could just cut them a few million dollar check we would be in business. That's pennies to him.

angrydragon
01-13-2012, 12:53 AM
What online advertising? I've seen Santourum ads a lot, but few Ron Paul ads.

Although I think it's great they're spending so much. They could do tv ads.

bluesc
01-13-2012, 12:58 AM
What online advertising? I've seen Santourum ads a lot, but few Ron Paul ads.

Although I think it's great they're spending so much. They could do tv ads.

Are you in Iowa or NH? That's where they were targeting.

Jeremy
01-13-2012, 01:00 AM
Are you in Iowa or NH? That's where they were targeting.

While I was in NH I only saw Santorum ads online. Well I've always seen tons of Mitt ads too.

bluesc
01-13-2012, 01:09 AM
While I was in NH I only saw Santorum ads online. Well I've always seen tons of Mitt ads too.

I think they may have only been targeting Iowa then. Their ad begins with Fake Mitt Romney saying "Attention Iowa caucus voters.."

lucent
01-13-2012, 01:14 AM
Found an Endorse Liberty ad mentioned.

http://www.launch.is/blog/survey-says-92-of-political-ad-buyers-choose-facebook-over-t.html

When we recently logged into Facebook, we immediately noticed an anti-Mitt Romney ad by Endorse Liberty, a political action committee for Ron Paul. As reported by ClickZ in December, Endorse Liberty appears to be using its entire spending budget online.

blazeKing
01-13-2012, 01:59 AM
I bet that compassion ad got a few thousand votes in NH though...the 100k was well worth it from RevPak

parocks
01-13-2012, 02:09 AM

A different Ron Paul Super PAC is going on air in SC with 7 commercials. Spending hundreds of thousands of dollars. I think their commercials are good, and in many ways great. We're starting to see rich donors. And, here, this Endorse Liberty PAC spending $1M, no lack of rich donors.

bluesc
01-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Make that $2.8M now. Also coming out with TV ads.

angelatc
01-16-2012, 05:03 PM
I agree. It sucks how many here cut down on essentials such a food to donate while the rich libertarians are busy building a fucking artificial island and a city in the Honduran jungle.

It's really encouraging to see how many people do indeed sacrifice to make a difference.