PDA

View Full Version : My conversation with Ron Paul's wife, Carol

gpickett00
01-12-2012, 11:08 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/ronpaul/comments/of1zz/i_think_this_suggestion_can_win_ron_paul_the/

Randomly messaged her on Facebook with what I think is the most important suggestion Ron could implement.

Cinderella
01-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Awesome! I'm still waiting for her to accept my friend request :)

ByeByeBernanke
01-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Isn't that kind of like Gingrich saying "I will be the nominee"?

sailingaway
01-12-2012, 11:12 PM
Isn't that kind of like Gingrich saying "I will be the nominee"?

this.

YOu might want to edit your reddit post, as well, since it reads like you are questioning her honesty.

kfking
01-12-2012, 11:14 PM
this.

YOu might want to edit your reddit post, as well, since it reads like you are questioning her honesty.

I didn't think that at first, but I see how it can be interpreted as that. I would suggest changing it as well.

bluesc
01-12-2012, 11:15 PM
He won't say that, and I don't think it would go over very well. There's a reason Romney doesn't say "I'll win the nomination.." and instead says "There are still many challenges ahead for me.." There's a reason he only attacks Obama, which suggests he will be the nominee without actually saying it and sounding arrogant.

HigherVision
01-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Yeah not a good look. I wouldn't bother his wife with stuff like that.

F3d
01-12-2012, 11:18 PM
It's not a good suggestion at all. Romney doesn't do that. In fact, he didn't downplay Paul's finish, and he said that Paul is a serious contender.

jersdream
01-12-2012, 11:19 PM
yeah, I wouldn't have a) suggested that or b) made a request. Maybe send her and Ron well wishes, that is nice and fine.

kah13176
01-12-2012, 11:19 PM

Same here. I thought I was the only one lol

mport1
01-12-2012, 11:21 PM
If you are going to message Carol, tell her that he should work on getting some of his talking points down. Better answers on electibility, foreign policy, SS, and less stammering would give us a huge boost.

kfking
01-12-2012, 11:22 PM
He won't say that, and I don't think it would go over very well. There's a reason Romney doesn't say "I'll win the nomination.." and instead says "There are still many challenges ahead for me.." There's a reason he only attacks Obama, which suggests he will be the nominee without actually saying it and sounding arrogant.

I see your point, but I think it would show confidence. It is different from Mitt doing it because right now Mitt is the obvious front runner, if Mitt wasn't talking about how he still has challenges then he would look extremely arrogant.

I think it would be good if Paul didn't say "I will be the nominee," but say things more along the lines of "When I become president..." in place of "If I become president..."

gerryb
01-12-2012, 11:30 PM
If you are going to message Carol, tell her that he should work on getting some of his talking points down. Better answers on electibility, foreign policy, SS, and less stammering would give us a huge boost.

LOL, you're going to email the next First Lady and criticize her husband?

RonPaulwillWin
01-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Wait, so people are just texting Mrs. Paul? I want in!!

mport1
01-12-2012, 11:34 PM
LOL, you're going to email the next First Lady and criticize her husband?

No, I'm not going to. I was just saying that is more useful advice than what the OP sent.

ord33
01-12-2012, 11:40 PM

Same here! I can definitely understand though because I'm sure she gets thousands of requests. Not to mention with all the changes in Facebook trying to figure out all the new differences. I thought I might of had a chance though. I attended the same University she did - Ohio University in Athens, OH!