PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul as Romney's VP to get the Paul support?

Corto_Maltese
01-12-2012, 03:40 PM
I hadnt though about rand paul as a vp alternative until I listened to the Peter Schiff show today. Peter was discussing with a caller about politics and the fed and suddenly he said that a strategy here would be that Ron gets so many delegates and support going into the convetion that Romney will pick Rand as his VP to earn the endorsement and support of Ron and his followers.
Might have been discussed here earlier, but anyone think that its possible to happen? Schiff was excited about it, saying Rand didnt have the newsletter baggage and a somewhat softer foreign policy than Ron which could play well among republicans. Also that that could promote Rand as president in the future.

UtahApocalypse
01-12-2012, 03:43 PM
It wont change my vote.

Cap
01-12-2012, 04:13 PM
no.

schiffheadbaby
01-12-2012, 04:15 PM
HELL. NO/

Please see other thread on this, lots of thoughts on the topic

The Goat
01-12-2012, 04:16 PM
No one but Ron Paul!

Viva La R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution!

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-12-2012, 04:17 PM
I considered it for a second then came to my senses that the GOP does not deserve any candidate if Paul is not the nominee. They worked hand in hand trying to push us down, and they're failing to so far. But the real losers would be the people who voted for Romney, not the heads of the GOP he will be rich no matter who wins.

GunnyFreedom
01-12-2012, 04:18 PM
It wouldn't change my vote, but it's not the disaster so many people around here are making it. Remember a GHWBush VP led to changing the complexion of the GOP very much Bush-ward, thus a similar thing with Rand could change the complexion of the GOP Paul-ward.

I'm neither supporting nor endorsing such a ticket, and it will not change my NOBP vote, But I do want to make the point that it would not be the unmitigated diaster that so many on RPF's are making it into. At the end of the day it would be a major leap forward for advancing our platform in the GOP, and in fact it could be the catalyst for a complete transformation of the GOP just like the GHWBush VP was to the Goldwater-Reaganite GOP.

Travlyr
01-12-2012, 04:19 PM
No.

CaptainAmerica
01-12-2012, 04:21 PM
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

the media is trying to subvert our support. WE WILL NOT go to romney ,not now and not ever.

Machiavelli
01-12-2012, 04:22 PM
NO

schiffheadbaby
01-12-2012, 04:24 PM
It wouldn't change my vote, but it's not the disaster so many people around here are making it. Remember a GHWBush VP led to changing the complexion of the GOP very much Bush-ward, thus a similar thing with Rand could change the complexion of the GOP Paul-ward.

I'm neither supporting nor endorsing such a ticket, and it will not change my NOBP vote, But I do want to make the point that it would not be the unmitigated diaster that so many on RPF's are making it into. At the end of the day it would be a major leap forward for advancing our platform in the GOP, and in fact it could be the catalyst for a complete transformation of the GOP just like the GHWBush VP was to the Goldwater-Reaganite GOP.

Gunny I like you but it would be a disaster from hell.

Romney would be in power during the collapse and it would tarnish the Paul's name and Austrian economics.

Romney is not committed to doing anything about the FED, why should we even remotely say good things about him?

jjockers
01-12-2012, 04:30 PM
While we're talking hypothetical, what if Ron Paul was made fed chairman (along with Rand as VP)?

GunnyFreedom
01-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Gunny I like you but it would be a disaster from hell.

Romney would be in power during the collapse and it would tarnish the Paul's name and Austrian economics.

Romney is not committed to doing anything about the FED, why should we even remotely say good things about him?

Like I said, it won't buy my vote. But nobody seriously accused GHWBush of being a Reaganite, and nobody seriously accused Reagan of being a Bushite.

I don't like the idea, and I certainly wouldn't support it.

I'm just saying that it wouldn't be the unmitigated disaster that so many RPFers think it would be.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-12-2012, 04:37 PM
While we're talking hypothetical, what if Ron Paul was made fed chairman (along with Rand as VP)?
He'd audit the fed! :D

iamse7en
01-12-2012, 04:39 PM
I like the responses on this thread.

But remember, we are the die-hards. Let's assume Ron has like 20% support across the nation. If Rand took VP, what would Ron say? I imagine he'd stay out of it, saying, "I don't tell people how to vote. My supporters are their own people." All the headlines would be "Romney picks Ron's Son!" Rand Paul is a representative/symbol of his dad. Don't you think like 50% of Ron's voters would jump on board? I just fear Rand as VP would hurt him in the end. I think the globalists will make sure Obama wins. If that's the case, maybe the globalists will try to entice the Romney/R. Paul ticket to hurt Rand Paul's chances. Oh, game theory hurts my head. I say, don't do it Rand. It's a twap!

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/001/384/Atrapitis.gif

archangel689
01-12-2012, 04:41 PM
WHAT THE F**K. THE JUDGE, CAVUTO, NOW THIS?

The bet is SUPPOSEDLY that rmoney would still lose and rand would have the "inside track" for 2016.... but seriously wtf is everyone yacking about this its scaring the hell out of me. We don't care about VP, vp sucks, it's worthless!

Soca Taliban
01-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Romney would never ever get my vote

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Romney would never ever get my vote
+9000

V3n
01-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Did Mitt Romney ask Rand Paul or did the Media ask Rand Paul?

Since when did we start listening to the Media??
They're just trying to change the conversation and separate us.

Take a picture.. Write it down.. DO NOT FORGET!

http://i.imgur.com/4AINj.jpg

edit: I just realized this was a Schiff question, I like Schiff, but it means my picture does not apply. :(
I'll leave it here because I'm really proud of it, and look for a better place to post it later.. my bad!

ItsTime
01-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Wont change my vote.

Philhelm
01-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Why should we compromise in our moment of glory? Whether Ron Paul wins the nomination or not, it's clear that we are gaining momentum. I find it incredible that so many people are voting for Ron Paul, despite the media manipulation. The ball will be in our court soon enough.

Lucille
01-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Rand would never hitch his wagon to that statist.

NOBP

Paul or not at all
01-12-2012, 05:45 PM
If Ron is the VP, ill consider, but I dont want Rand out of the senate.

odamn
01-12-2012, 05:45 PM
No Deals, No Way!
Ron Paul or No One at All .

Legend1104
01-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Schiff must read the forums because I made a thread about this exact thing 2 days ago.

QueenB4Liberty
01-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Why should we compromise in our moment of glory? Whether Ron Paul wins the nomination or not, it's clear that we are gaining momentum. I find it incredible that so many people are voting for Ron Paul, despite the media manipulation. The ball will be in our court soon enough.

Yeah this is what I'm talking about. I'm so excited to see so much Ron Paul love. We cannot give up. We cannot vote for Mitt Romney.

Mark37snj
01-12-2012, 06:46 PM
No

Golding
01-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Rand should allow someone else to become Romney's version of John Edwards. There is no mistaking that if Romney wins the nomination, he will fail hard in the general election. Rand Paul has no gain from being Romney's VP choice. His father is already setting him up for presidency.

joelfarm
01-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Besides, what EXACTLY does the veep do? Look had the joke that Biden is, and the past history of this office. It only serves to show the utter waste and pompisity that the power elite uses to inflate their power.

cindy25
01-12-2012, 08:59 PM
this was also on Freedom Watch yesterday. these are trial balloons and signs TPTB are getting desperate. Rand is now considered more of an asset as VP than Rubio.

cindy25
01-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Rand should allow someone else to become Romney's version of John Edwards. There is no mistaking that if Romney wins the nomination, he will fail hard in the general election. Rand Paul has no gain from being Romney's VP choice. His father is already setting him up for presidency.

never turn down the VP. even a losing VP candidate gains a head start and national prominence (Palin, Edwards, Lieberman, Kemp, Ferraro, Dole, Muskie)

CJLauderdale4
01-12-2012, 09:20 PM
It's Marco Rubio....just wait and see...

GunnyFreedom
01-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Besides, what EXACTLY does the veep do? Look had the joke that Biden is, and the past history of this office. It only serves to show the utter waste and pompisity that the power elite uses to inflate their power.

On the other hand, look what Dick Cheney did.

I am NOT endorsing this idea, I know I've said it a few times already I just want to make it abundantly clear since I am being devil's advocate right now. But just because Biden is a buffoon doesn't mean VP is irrelevant.

jdcole
01-13-2012, 12:44 AM
nope, chuck testa.

hard@work
01-13-2012, 12:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vFo3ZieXZ0

No compromise.

realtonygoodwin
01-13-2012, 12:49 AM
I could see it happen. At least I could see Rand being on the short list.

Golding
01-13-2012, 02:52 AM
never turn down the VP. even a losing VP candidate gains a head start and national prominence (Palin, Edwards, Lieberman, Kemp, Ferraro, Dole, Muskie)Rand will already come out of this with prominence by virtue of being his father's son, as well as his fights in the Senate. Care to guess what another common denominator is of the people you named?

Rand could become president, feasibly. But not if his name is tied to dead weight like Romney.

kill the banks
01-13-2012, 02:55 AM
kill the bank

cindy25
01-13-2012, 03:33 AM
just remember when happened in 1900. the GOP establishment wanted to get rid of a perceived pain in the ass, so they dumped the VP, and selected Teddy

or 1960; JFK, over Bobby's objections, wanted LBJ out of the senate.

or the Philippines in 1957, when Magsaysay had to offer the VP to many before Garcia finally took it.

if Rand runs with Romney they win, and 4 or 8 years Rand is president

and Romney believes in nothing. Rand could be his Chaney

GunnyFreedom
01-13-2012, 03:35 AM
just remember when happened in 1900. the GOP establishment wanted to get rid of a perceived pain in the ass, so they dumped the VP, and selected Teddy

or 1960; JFK, over Bobby's objections, wanted LBJ out of the senate.

or the Philippines in 1957, when Magsaysay had to offer the VP to many before Garcia finally took it.

if Rand runs with Romney they win, and 4 or 8 years Rand is president

and Romney believes in nothing. Rand could be his Chaney

o.O

I don't actually remember 1900... ;)

Love your grasp of history

Dsylexic
01-13-2012, 03:55 AM
i dont believe Rand could be a cheney. cheney is pure MIC+bankster. the real masters are the MIC+bankster. cheney was just the front end.
knowing ron, he will NOT DO A DEAL. he is not a wheeler-dealer.ron will only accept if a)budget is balnced b)troops are brought back c)the fed is audited and legal tender laws are repealed.
anything less and ron will have given up his principles. he is not in this race to promote his son.those who think so know nothing of the man

Anti Federalist
01-13-2012, 06:33 AM
No.

cindy25
01-13-2012, 07:25 AM
this should be considered Plan C with Plan A being a Ron/Judge ticket. Plan B a Ron/Romney ticket

Carole
01-13-2012, 08:09 AM
I hadnt though about rand paul as a vp alternative until I listened to the Peter Schiff show today. Peter was discussing with a caller about politics and the fed and suddenly he said that a strategy here would be that Ron gets so many delegates and support going into the convetion that Romney will pick Rand as his VP to earn the endorsement and support of Ron and his followers.
Might have been discussed here earlier, but anyone think that its possible to happen? Schiff was excited about it, saying Rand didnt have the newsletter baggage and a somewhat softer foreign policy than Ron which could play well among republicans. Also that that could promote Rand as president in the future.

Already considered that they would try this. Rand is neutered if he agrees to accept a VP position. We lose his power in the Congress essentially and he is marginalized as VP. End of story.

Another TACTIC by GOP to put a stake in the heart of our Liberty movement. Please do not be fooled. They need to know this TACTIC will not work. We will accept NOBP.

What we have here everyone is FEAR, FEAR of their own creation. For years they smeared, marginalized, ridiculed, denigrated, disrespected. Now they are about to learn that Dr. Paul was RIGHT when he educated Rudy Guiliani in 2007-08. They are now reaping the rewards of their own making.............
BLOWBACK!!!
Take no prisoners attitude here.
Carole 1/13/2012 8:51 AM
Friday, January 13, 2012
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?348933-You-Know-They-re-Starting-To-Kiss-Up-To-Us-Right

V3n
01-13-2012, 08:21 AM
I don't like any part of a Romney/Rand ticket, but at least talking about or making them think it's a possibility may foster some respect (or pretend respect) from the establishment. They're starting to understand they need us in the party, that's a good thing.

speciallyblend
01-13-2012, 08:31 AM
If the goal is to make me not want to send my money i do not even have to Ron paul? Then they are travelling down the correct road. No way no how will i ever support a gop ticket with status quo. Period all these romney/paul fans can donate for me. I will never reward gop status quo.

Carole
01-13-2012, 08:42 AM
this should be considered Plan C with Plan A being a Ron/Judge ticket. Plan B a Ron/Romney ticket

NO. We must not allow them to neuter us.

Bern
01-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Rand as VP would be a terrible, horrible decision on Rand's part. Kills his political future and robs the Senate of one of it's few sane voices.

V3n
01-13-2012, 09:07 AM
If the goal is to make me not want to send my money i do not even have to Ron paul? Then they are travelling down the correct road. No way no how will i ever support a gop ticket with status quo. Period all these romney/paul fans can donate for me. I will never reward gop status quo.

It's just talking heads and media (and us) discussing this. The campaign hasn't said a word. I believe the reason the talking heads are talking about it is to make you feel exactly the way you described.

Peace&Freedom
01-13-2012, 09:07 AM
I still like the ultimate, hardcore option---Ron keeps running TO WIN the Republican nomination, through the convention, AND RUNS THIRD PARTY. The announcement is made during the primary race, so Republican voters can have the choice of either 1) face certain defeat to Obama or Paul in the election, or 2) vote for Paul as the GOP nominee, and win. If the leadership threatens to kill Rand's career in the GOP over it, HE threatens to run in 2016 on the same basis. This is the scenario they really fear, where THEY face the pain of certain defeat, UNLESS they make peace with Paul, on his terms, and nothing less. It's time WE co-opted THEM.

xFiFtyOnE
01-13-2012, 09:10 AM
How will taking Rand out of the senate and putting him in as VP where he has NO POWER be good for the liberty movement? Please explain this to me? I WILL NEVER VOTE ROMNEY.

P. R. Robinson
01-13-2012, 09:12 AM
Ron Paul or NO ONE AT ALL!

GunnyFreedom
01-13-2012, 09:53 AM
I don't like any part of a Romney/Rand ticket, but at least talking about or making them think it's a possibility may foster some respect (or pretend respect) from the establishment. They're starting to understand they need us in the party, that's a good thing.

This, really. There is no way in hell they can buy our support with a Romney/Paul ticket of any sort. The fact that they are floating the trial balloon demonstrates recognition and desperation. Those last 4 words are a good thing, and I intend to stoke the hell out of it until they give in or give up.

cindy25
01-13-2012, 09:54 AM
How will taking Rand out of the senate and putting him in as VP where he has NO POWER be good for the liberty movement? Please explain this to me? I WILL NEVER VOTE ROMNEY.

a) Romney Rand loses, Rand still in senate and now the frontrunner for 2016
or
b) Romney Rand wins
1) Rand is heir apparent 2020
or
2) Romney dies/gets sick/wife gets sick or whatever Rand is then president
or
3) 69 year old Romney says 1 term enough, Rand apparent heir for 2016

how would you feel about Ron/Romney ? or Ron/Mike Lee?

Occam's Banana
01-13-2012, 11:31 AM
If you like the idea of a Romney/Rand ticket in 2012 (because this might help Rand in a 2020 presidential bid), I have a question for you:

What makes you think Romney would offer him the VP slot in 2016?

IMO, the BEST way for the establishment to destroy Rand Paul's future would be to take him on as VP in 2012 ... and then dump him for someone else (Rubio ?) in 2016.

Think about it.

The Gold Standard
01-13-2012, 11:58 AM
a) Romney Rand loses, Rand still in senate and now the frontrunner for 2016
or
b) Romney Rand wins
1) Rand is heir apparent 2020
or
2) Romney dies/gets sick/wife gets sick or whatever Rand is then president
or
3) 69 year old Romney says 1 term enough, Rand apparent heir for 2016
or
4) The debt economy bubble collapses, President Romney use the NDAA to declare martial law, and the evil free market is blamed for the catastrophe.

FIFY, and no thanks.

Philhelm
01-13-2012, 12:04 PM
One Paul, No Buts!

GunnyFreedom
01-13-2012, 12:09 PM
NOBP. But pretend like it's working in order to take tactical advantage of the better coverage for gain in the polls and at the polling places.

brushfire
01-13-2012, 12:14 PM
http://homefixated.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/poop-on-grass.jpg

AFPVet
01-13-2012, 12:20 PM
http://homefixated.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/poop-on-grass.jpg

My sentiments exactly.

amy31416
01-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Is the potential of Rand as VP supposed to make us friendlier to Romney, who has a hard-core neocon team behind him? Is this how they think they'll bring the weak-minded among us into the fold?

Then the bait & switch when Romney picks someone like Rubio? Hell, even if he picked Rand, what's the gain for this movement except to contain it?

GunnyFreedom
01-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Is the potential of Rand as VP supposed to make us friendlier to Romney, who has a hard-core neocon team behind him? Is this how they think they'll bring the weak-minded among us into the fold?

Then the bait & switch when Romney picks someone like Rubio? Hell, even if he picked Rand, what's the gain for this movement except to contain it?

No gain. It's a trap. My idea is to turn the trap around against them by pretending it's working in order to suck up all the oxygen in the race from the positive coverage we will get when they (wrongly) think they are winning.

domdabears
01-13-2012, 02:44 PM
I can't believe this is flying around. So stupid.
Hell no.

I'm not voting for anyone but Ron Paul

amy31416
01-13-2012, 02:44 PM
No gain. It's a trap. My idea is to turn the trap around against them by pretending it's working in order to suck up all the oxygen in the race from the positive coverage we will get when they (wrongly) think they are winning.

I agree on both counts. We can use this to our advantage.

aGameOfThrones
01-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Imagine if Romney was the Rep Nominee and he pick Rand Paul for VP... imagine then if Rand declined LOL.

Rand's explanation would go something like this:

The Duke of Norfolk(Romney): Oh confound all this. I'm not a scholar, I don't know whether the marriage was lawful or not but dammit, Thomas, look at these names! Why can't you do as I did and come with us, for fellowship!

Sir Thomas More(Rand): And when we die, and you are sent to heaven for doing your conscience, and I am sent to hell for not doing mine, will you come with me, for fellowship?

Seraphim
01-13-2012, 03:49 PM
No.

Sen. Rand Paul is NEEDED in the senate.

There is NO POINT having a Liberty President if he is not backed by a Liberty Congress and a Liberty Senate.