PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Hearing About Super Brochures...

jpate86
01-12-2012, 03:21 PM
There are several threads on here regarding the super brochures and their effectiveness. Instead of having 20 page threads of back and forth arguing, is there a way we can a direct statement on these 3rd party brochures from the campaign to put the issue to rest? Remember, we are all on the same team and have the same goal. If the campaign says that the brochures are hurting them, that would be the end of it. Anyone who continued to argue for them after the campaign clearly stated their position would seem to have some sort conflict of interest or personal agenda. It seems like there is a lot of time and effort being wasted arguing the pros and cons of these brochures. That time would be better spent on phone from home, the free facebook ad credit thing going on now, or looking for new ways to get the Ron Paul message out to voters. These arguments seem to be getting a little "heated" at times and the last thing we need is for something like this to start creating hostility between members of our movement. As I said before, we all have a common goal here and need to keep that in mind at all times.

I am sure that there are a few people on this forum with a connection to someone working for the campaign and I think it would be wise to resolve this issue once and for all. Any chance one of you can put in an email to a contact requesting them to issue a short and concise statement on the matter?

I also want to make it very clear that then intention of this thread IS NOT to start another discussion regarding the effectiveness of 3rd party brochures. The point is to get clarification directly from the campaign to resolve the issue. If you want to state your personal opinions on the matter, please take them to one of the other threads regarding super brochures.

eduardo89
01-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Tired of hearing about super brochures

Starts a new thread about super brochures

unknown
01-12-2012, 03:24 PM
This needs to run in S.C.

Guaranteed victory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXCZVmQ74OA

specsaregood
01-12-2012, 03:25 PM

#TheRonPaulGame

gerryb
01-12-2012, 03:42 PM
I am sure that there are a few people on this forum with a connection to someone working for the campaign and I think it would be wise to resolve this issue once and for all. Any chance one of you can put in an email to a contact requesting them to issue a short and concise statement on the matter?

There have been several members who have posted that they heard directly from the top guys in the campaign that this hurts us. Why can't we trust their reports from the horses mouth?

Do they really need to spend their valuable time writing emails every time a supporter does something counter-productive?

LudwigVonMisoSoup
01-12-2012, 03:49 PM
I just got back from volunteering with the New Year with Ron Paul campaign. Yes, the campaign does not like the Super Brochures. We have much more effective mailing efforts that target voters on which issues matter to them: economy, social conservatism, overseas wars, etc., etc.

Eric21ND
01-12-2012, 04:02 PM
There have been several members who have posted that they heard directly from the top guys in the campaign that this hurts us. Why can't we trust their reports from the horses mouth?

Do they really need to spend their valuable time writing emails every time a supporter does something counter-productive?
Hearsay isn't allow in a court of law for a reason.

r3volution
01-12-2012, 04:05 PM
im tired of threads about being tired of hearing about super brochures . i should start a thread about it .

jpate86
01-12-2012, 04:08 PM

Did I say we need to start writing emails every time someone does something counter-productive? Let me check real quick...nope. In fact, I didn't say anything remotely like that. All I am suggesting is that someone who is able take a few minutes to write an email. Such as:

Hey (Recipient affiliated with campaign),

There is a lot of debate going on about whether the 3rd party Super Brochure distribution projects are helping the campaign or not. As you know, we always want what is best for the campaign and were hoping if you could clarify your position regarding this matter. If these brochures are indeed hurting the campaign, I am confident the activists currently distributing them will discontinue their activities if that is what the campaign feels is best.

Best Regards,
(Sender)

Is it really crazy to suggest this? Take 2 minutes to write the email, campaign takes 10 minutes to write a simple statement, then the issue is resolved. Hours of pointless arguing prevented. I am always surprised at how non-constructive and counter-productive this forum can be at times. All I am suggesting is that someone who is able take a few minutes in order to bring an end to the topic. If we could all just get on the same page and work together, we could have a much larger positive impact for the cause.

WD-NY
01-12-2012, 04:10 PM
The reason people donate/buy super brochures isn't bc they work. It's bc of the way they've designed the donation process. Being able to connect donations to specific counties and/or numbers of voters in specific area = their secret sauce.

The brochures themselves suck IMO. So if the campaign was smart, they basically copy the buy-a-county donation system that superbrochure site uses and that would be that. Unfortunately, the campaign won't copy their donation-system bc its "too transparent".

jpate86
01-12-2012, 04:17 PM
The reason people donate/buy super brochures isn't bc they work. It's bc of the way they've designed the donation process. Being able to connect donations to specific counties and/or numbers of voters in specific area = their secret sauce.

The brochures themselves suck IMO. So if the campaign was smart, they basically copy the buy-a-county donation system that superbrochure site uses and that would be that. Unfortunately, the campaign won't copy their donation-system bc its "too transparent".

I don't know much regarding the methodology employed by the super brochure operations. You obviously have a much better understanding of their operations. I don't completely understand what this means. Could you elaborate a little further?

gerryb
01-12-2012, 04:30 PM
I don't know much regarding the methodology employed by the super brochure operations. You obviously have a much better understanding of their operations. I don't completely understand what this means. Could you elaborate a little further?

You "buy" a precinct, with a variable # of super-voters in it.

I suggested to the campaign they do the same thing, but it is more complex for them to do it, since they don't have a static product, they have dozens of different mailers and determine which one to send based upon phone from home data. But they could make a "generic" product available.

sailingaway
01-12-2012, 04:32 PM

this, and the campaign can't coordinate.

sailingaway
01-12-2012, 04:33 PM
You "buy" a precinct, with a variable # of super-voters in it.

I suggested to the campaign they do the same thing, but it is more complex for them to do it, since they don't have a static product, they have dozens of different mailers and determine which one to send based upon phone from home data. But they could make a "generic" product available.

a bunch of people funding the brochures have maxed out to the campaign though.

gerryb
01-12-2012, 04:37 PM
a bunch of people funding the brochures have maxed out to the campaign though.

I doubt it is that many, they are taking money from small donors, too. last I heard from FEC reports there were only 300 people who maxed out