PDA

View Full Version : Buzzmaker of the Week: RON PAUL

gagnonstudio
11-10-2007, 12:54 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/page?id=3489425

Oh yeah!

DrNoZone
11-10-2007, 12:59 PM
"Realistically, he remains the longest of the long shots". WTF? Are you kidding me?

Logistics
11-10-2007, 01:03 PM
"Realistically, he remains the longest of the long shots". WTF? Are you kidding me?

Theres just no winning with them is there :rolleyes: These people still refuse to admit whats going on. We're gonna continue to show them!

Goldwater Conservative
11-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Anyone know how I can e-mail them about a major inaccuracy? They include the Giuliani version of what Paul said about 9/11, not what he actually said.

I think there are many people who would draw the line at supporting a man who said Americans brought 9/11 on themselves, but would agree that bad policy made the attack unsurprising even if it was a great evil. The latter is Paul's position, the former is Giuliani's straw man.

Vvick727
11-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Anyone know how I can e-mail them about a major inaccuracy? They include the Giuliani version of what Paul said about 9/11, not what he actually said.

I think there are many people who would draw the line at supporting a man who said Americans brought 9/11 on themselves, but would agree that bad policy made the attack unsurprising even if it was a great evil. The latter is Paul's position, the former is Giuliani's straw man.

If anyone is blaming the American people, its Giuliani and the other neocons.
According to them, apparently we're too free.

Also, how can they even say this when the Big Cheese Laden has said they don't hate us for our freedoms?

seapilot
11-10-2007, 01:35 PM
What they meant really instead of Longest of longshots is: OMG HE IS WINNING!

Goldwater Conservative
11-10-2007, 01:44 PM

Don't worry, Giuliani will take care of that.

Interesting that both schools of thought would change American policy because of the terrorists: Paul would save our money and troops by returning to a policy of strong national defense that doesn't make people hate and attack us, Giuliani would get rid of our inconvenient civil liberties while continuing to make terrorists and leaving our defenses down.

Energy
11-10-2007, 02:06 PM
"They swamped online polls and message boards, demanding that the mainstream media take notice. Then they started writing checks -- or, more accurately, using PayPal."

What's the need to highlight PayPal for?

tnvoter
11-10-2007, 02:26 PM
What they meant really instead of Longest of longshots is: OMG HE IS WINNING!

hahaha FACT.

jenius
11-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Settle down. The use of Paypal was highlighted because it was, in fact, the primary vehicle for getting money to the Paul campaign on 11-5, as opposed to the traditional checkbook cliche that's the norm in previous campaigns.

What is bothersome, however, is the idea that Paul said that "Americans brought on 9/11 themselves," when Dr. Paul's point has always been that American policies and foreign interference brought about 9/11, not the American people.

sparebulb
11-10-2007, 02:28 PM

Also, how can they even say this when the Big Cheese Laden has said they don't hate us for our freedoms?

Correct.

MozoVote
11-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Joe Klein seems to think all Ron Paul is going to accomplish is get an afternoon speech at the convention. He's wrong about that. It has been proven repeatedly in politics, that when there is a movement behind a fresh set of ideas, they will become adopted as mainstream by the following election cycle. Even if Paul is not nominated, I'm sure some of his policies will become part of the GOP agenda in the future.

American
11-10-2007, 03:15 PM
ABC is controlled by Neo Con/Zionist dipshits, you will never make any headway with them

When RP wins the election I am sure they already have a hit piece waiting.

and before anyone say that using the word "zionist" is anti-semitic you need to look the word up first. Its political ideology and has nothing to do with the Jewish people or religion.

MsDoodahs
11-10-2007, 03:38 PM
"assorted anti-establishment oddballs"

:mad:

I'll have you know I'm an anti-establishment outlaw.