PDA

View Full Version : BOSTON Rally, Dec. 15th/16th?

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
11-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks to all of us, Dec 15th/16th is going to be a HUGE weekend for Dr. Paul's campaign.

I just sent an email to his website about holding a rally here in Boston that weekend.

Both cities are icons for freedom, and it is only fitting for Dr. Paul to set foot upon both hallowed grounds before 2008 and to support this fund raising effort that is going to most likely shatter Nov 5th's efforts.

So let's generate some buzz and make this happen like the folks in Philly did! If anyone has contacts on the inside, throw the idea around.

francisco
11-10-2007, 01:06 PM
When I lived in Boston 30 years ago, the trolleys and subways were called the "T". Is this still true?

How about a Boston "T" Party?

Pubcrawl style, Cover the whole city: Flashmobs carry signs using T to go from stop to stop, exit to street, walk on surface to gather briefly at mini-rallys, sometimes at tavern or eatery, then re-enter the T to travel to a different location; repeat.

Hopefully there is still a pass system to keep this economical for the participants.

Boston is the #1 college town in the nation, this could be a lot of fun and generate a lot of buzz! Might be able to work out discount deals with taverns, like special price for people wearing Ron paul gear.

micahnelson
11-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Id love it, right on boston common. Sign me up.

jgmaynard
11-10-2007, 02:10 PM
How about a Boston "T" Party?

Ouch. Not a good idea IMO.
There's an author of the same name who wrote a book that the media and public (for right or wrong) associate with being pro-Carl Drega (a guy who shot up a bunch of cops and government officials, shooting one unarmed woman in the back, in NH and VT).
He was the semi-official "5000th member" of the FSP (he dropped out when NH was chosen) and it came close to causing a major ruckus in NH (Carl Drega is pretty universally reviled in NH and rightfully so). The NH contingent of the FSP state vote (myself included) had to publicly disown Boston T. Party in order to not give the statists here ammo.

I always say never criticise without offering something productive in return, so how about:

Boston Tea Party 2.0

That would celebrate our rise from the internet and be a double entendre (sp?) with being a celebration of the original BTP! :D

JM

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
11-10-2007, 03:29 PM
I called campaign HQ... At first they didn't seem too interested, and they don't want to officially endorse the teaparty07.com site, but I told them they don't need to officially endorse it and his presence would make a big event a BLOCKBUSTER that would far surpass Nov 5th.
The man I spoke with seemed to become more interested with my pleas and said he'd "pass it along". So who knows.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-10-2007, 03:36 PM
I called campaign HQ... At first they didn't seem too interested, and they don't want to officially endorse the teaparty07.com site, but I told them they don't need to officially endorse it and his presence would make a big event a BLOCKBUSTER that would far surpass Nov 5th.
The man I spoke with seemed to become more interested with my pleas and said he'd "pass it along". So who knows.

this is a serious opportunity for Ron Paul as far as press, donations, energizing even more supporters. Not to mention what it is going to do for national pride, which I think has deminished over the past 50 years. This is going to be unlike anything this country has seen in a long time.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
11-10-2007, 03:37 PM
this is a serious opportunity for Ron Paul as far as press, donations, energizing even more supporters. Not to mention what it is going to do for national pride, which I think has deminished over the past 50 years. This is going to be unlike anything this country has seen in a long time.

Give them a call, the more drums they hear, the better:

713-248-9115

francisco
11-10-2007, 03:57 PM
@jgmaynard'

OOOps, didn't know that piece of history. Too bad, I liked the "T"-Tea tie-in. I still like the concept of flashmobs traversing the city making sudden appearances in nthe trolley cars and on the surface; I think it could generate a lot of buzz.

Also--you are a good model for how to critique an idea in positive rational way, and we need to encourage more of that here.