PDA

View Full Version : WaPo: Is Ron Paul right?

Rede
01-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Positive post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/post/is-ron-paul-right/2012/01/11/gIQAWgnTtP_blog.html

ShaneEnochs
01-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Good grief. Yeah, no young person could EVER vote for Ron Paul if he didn't have his anti-drug war stance. What crock. Other than that, though, it was a pretty positive article.

Xenophage
01-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Full of snark and a bit of deceit. The author does not like Ron Paul.

I was particularly amused by, "Besides, after all these years of arguing that Ron Paul is going to be stuck forever with about 25 percent of the vote, now’s the time to disprove that old chestnut."

Yeah, remember all those years and years of pundits saying that one in four voters were going to go for Paul? :rolleyes:

affa
01-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Full of snark and a bit of deceit. The author does not like Ron Paul.

I was particularly amused by, "Besides, after all these years of arguing that Ron Paul is going to be stuck forever with about 25 percent of the vote, now’s the time to disprove that old chestnut."

Yeah, remember all those years and years of pundits saying that one in four voters were going to go for Paul? :rolleyes:

Ron Paul has a ceiling of 1%. Ron Paul has always had a ceiling of 1%.
Ron Paul has a ceiling of 5%. Ron Paul has always had a ceiling of 5%.
Ron Paul has a ceiling of 10%. Ron Paul has always had a ceiling of 10%.
Ron Paul has a ceiling of 15%. Ron Paul has always had a ceiling of 15%.
Ron Paul has a ceiling of 20%. Ron Paul has always had a ceiling of 20%.
Ron Paul has a ceiling of 25%. Ron Paul has always had a ceiling of 25%.

We have always been at war with Oceania.

Pennsylvania
01-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Yeah, no young person could EVER vote for Ron Paul if he didn't have his anti-drug war stance. What crock.

Idk, I think that might actually be pretty accurate

thesnake742
01-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Idk, I think that might actually be pretty accurate

It's definitely an attention grabber. Grabbed mine a year and a half ago. Never looked back.

Carole
01-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Wow! Did anyone read the comments. Half of them were from various highly-educated engineers of several types.

jmdrake
01-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Mmmmmm....am I reading a different article? Because this seems like some of the best press we've gotten yet! It's clearly slamming the "he can't win" meme by fairly pointing out that he's the only candidate besides Romney that could possibly win.

ronpaulitician
01-12-2012, 01:19 PM
About 75% positive. Which is good. I'm sure some will read smears into this article, but those can be overcome with some witty humor.

dusman
01-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Guys, decriminalizing Marijuana is a gateway policy to other, more 'dangerous', Constitutional policies for youth voters. :cool:

NoPants
01-12-2012, 02:02 PM
There is something happening with regard to Ron Paul and the media. It's as if now they realize he's legitimate in the eyes of the public now and they're having to be more careful. Almost as if they can't directly attack him as much so they use backhanded compliments or direct the negativity at us (the supporters). I think they run a risk of "appearing" biased now if the go after him too directly. It's just a feeling I'm getting.

Original_Intent
01-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Rick "Santorum" Santorum. hahaha.