PDA

View Full Version : The MSM and their 3rd Party Qestion

Erazmus
01-12-2012, 09:56 AM
STOP!

I don't think they get it, but for me it's Ron Paul NO MATTER WHAT! This means that should Ron not get the GOP nomination, I'm still voting for him whether he goes 3rd party or doesn't, so the question is pointless. I'll write him in if I have to. The media keeps trying to beat this dead horse when they don't understand what, we here, do. Ron Paul is our ONLY chance for getting back America to it's founding roots. It's not like we're playing an 'Fing game here, or that we're traditional election drones who will only vote for the party candidates of 'Blue' or 'Red'! I am voting for principle, I am voting for consistency, I am voting for FREEDOM! In this election Freedom has a name, and that name is Ron Paul.

Rain, shine, snow, cold, or hot, I'm going and voting for Paul regardless what the establishment does or says. I know I'm not alone here. Clearly the old media doesn't understand this.

Sorry, had to get this off my chest because my blood boils every time they ask him this. And they ask him this in EVERY interview.

UtahApocalypse
01-12-2012, 09:57 AM
wooooohoooo !!! Amen brother!! +rep

purepaloma
01-12-2012, 10:01 AM
It's part of the media plan to try and discredit.

RP is going to BE the GOP Nominee !!!

Simple
01-12-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm sick of all the third party talk. The meme for the third party and the meme for unelectability is the same: they are trying to suggest that primary voters are throwing away their vote if they vote for Ron Paul.

specsaregood
01-12-2012, 10:02 AM
I just wish he would spin the response better.

Something along the lines of, "Let's tell your audience WHY you ask me that question. Is it because I'm the most popular candidate of either party among the crucial independent vote? Is it because I bring in more NEW voters than any other candidate?"

I'll leave it up to the wordsmiths to clean that up and send it out.

Travlyr
01-12-2012, 10:03 AM
It is retarded to keep asking the same question over and over again. Media people are simply not very smart.

Erazmus
01-12-2012, 11:29 AM
I bump this because I just watched another interview on Youtube where they asked "the question," and now I'm pissed all over again.

Back In Black
01-12-2012, 11:34 AM
They're doing this in order to create a bigger war within the GOP. If Paul says he'll go third party, it'll create a bigger division between Paul supporters and everyone else. They want the establishment to attack Paul for giving Obama another four years.

Travlyr
The media's third party question works pretty well right now to obfuscate the issues and keep the powers-that-be in charge because talk radio, and other media, have a lot of people convinced that Conservative Republican vs. Liberal Democrat is a legitimate red team vs. blue team. However, if the Republican vs. Democrat team was truly legitimate, then Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, Perry, and Huntsman would all be running on the Democratic ticket.

The real Republican, Ron Paul the only true conservative, would have already secured the GOP nomination.

Republican Party Platform (http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=29639#ixzz1hnH3gdcq)

ISSUES
Constitutional Government and Free Enterprise
Reemployment
Relief
Security
Labor
Agriculture
Tariff
Monopolies
Regulation of Business
Civil Service
Government Finance
Money and Banking
Foreign Affairs
National Defense
Bill of Rights

Publicani
"Rain, shine, snow, cold, or hot, I'm going and voting for Paul regardless what the establishment does or says. "

I would add "and regardless of what Ron Paul says or who he endorses."

slamhead
01-12-2012, 11:37 AM
He should start saying..."When you as the media lose your influence over the elections are you going to quit?"

Root
01-12-2012, 11:38 AM
I wish someone would edit together a clip of everytime the media has asked RP this.

Brian4Liberty
01-12-2012, 11:40 AM
I wish someone would edit together a clip of everytime the media has asked RP this.

Now that would be classic!

Schifference
01-12-2012, 12:04 PM
I have decided to wait and see how the Republican National Convention pans out. My first choice would be to be the Republican nominee but if that doesn't work out well then I guess the third party is always an option. I know I have a lot of loyal supporters that will vote for me regardless of whether or not I am affiliated with a party and the independents and democrats are just itching for someone better than Obama. So I guess we will just have to wait and see how it all turns out.

Bruno
01-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Would be funny if he pulled out his iphone, and with a smile, pressed play on the recording of how he answered the same question last time he was on the same station. :)

asurfaholic
01-12-2012, 12:11 PM

The movie that never ends. ..

RonPaulFanInGA
01-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Is it really unfair for the media to keep asking if Ron Paul keeps giving himself wiggle room? It's not as if Paul has unequivocally said he won't run third party or independent. They don't pester Romney or whomever about it because they'll flat-out reply "no", and they don't have the history Paul does (1988 run.)

It just seems like the media doing their job, in this case.

Dr.3D
01-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Ron should flat out tell them, it doesn't matter. My supporters are not going to vote for someone they don't believe will restore our country to what it is supposed to be. My supporters have principal.

Bruno
01-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Is it really unfair for the media to keep asking if Ron Paul keeps giving himself wiggle room? It's not as if Paul has unequivocally said he won't run third party or independent. They don't pester Romney or whomever about it because they'll flat-out reply "no", and they don't have the history Paul does (1988 run.)

This just seems like the media doing their job, in this case.

When he answers the same way each time, no, they are not just doing their job, they are doing their agenda.

acptulsa
01-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Erazmus, they aren't talking to you, man. They're talking to team players who don't care if the quarterback straps razor blades on dogs and enters them in dogfights as long as they get to claim credit for being on the winning team. They're talking to the kind of people who think that they have to choose between an axe murderer and a child molester if that's what the major parties put up there because only a moonbat would vote for an upstanding citizen who was unelectable because no one has ever heard of the political party they belong to. In short, they are talking to the kind of people who refuse to believe anyone in the world makes a pickup truck besides Ford and Chevrolet. Not you.

You have more sense than that. And a lot of other people are discovering that if they don't develop more sense than they used to have, we're all in deep trouble. So, don't get mad--get even. Get even by laughing at the absurdity of it all with everyone you know, until they all see how stupid and manipulative it all is.

I would add "and regardless of what Ron Paul says or who he endorses."

I wouldn't. I'd call that just plain silly.

hazek
01-12-2012, 12:45 PM
LOOOOOL Oh the naivete trying to reason with them.. :rolleyes:

OP, please learn that:
1st: the corporate media is a propaganda machine owned by the status quo spewing propaganda to prop up the said status quo 24/7
2nd: you can't reason with a propaganda machine not to spew propaganda if it's sole purpose to do so
3rd: understand the undertone of the questions Ron gets asked, specifically the 3rd party question subliminally suggest their viewers that "oh he is not really a republican, not really a serious candidate, he is not someone republicans should pay attention to since he's going to run 3rd party anyway, ect..." and it's a blatant attempt to marginalize him

WAKE THE FK UP ALREADY.

Erazmus
01-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Erazmus, they aren't talking to you, man. They're talking to team players who don't care if the quarterback straps razor blades on dogs and enters them in dogfights as long as they get to claim credit for being on the winning team. They're talking to the kind of people who think that they have to choose between an axe murderer and a child molester if that's what the major parties put up there because only a moonbat would vote for an upstanding citizen who was unelectable because no one has ever heard of the political party they belong to. In short, they are talking to the kind of people who refuse to believe anyone in the world makes a pickup truck besides Ford and Chevrolet. Not you.

You have more sense than that. And a lot of other people are discovering that if they don't develop more sense than they used to have, we're all in deep trouble. So, don't get mad--get even. Get even by laughing at the absurdity of it all with everyone you know, until they all see how stupid and manipulative it all is.

I know where you're coming from. I don't watch TV much less MSM "news," but I do follow Youtube videos of Paul. Normally I just laugh at the stupid media, but in this case they're literally beating a dead horse on asking the exact same question over and over receiving the same answer. The obvious reason, as a previous poster stated, is that they're trying to paint Ron as a bad guy if he tries to run 3rd party if he doesn't snag the nomination. The establishment effectively wants to try and lock him out. So if he doesn't "win" they no longer have to worry about him.

My point, and I guess the reason I get angry is that even though the media have this agenda, I truly think they don't understand what is actually going on here. New voters coming to the Republican party aren't coming over because they want to be part of the collective. They're coming over specifically to vote for Paul. They are literally Paul's votes. Ron doesn't have to go third party to pull votes away from the establishment machine, as they were never part of the establishment machine to begin with. The more people that jump on board is one more vote that will not go to the establishment, no matter what happens.

Not only that, but hearing the same question repeated is rather annoying on its own.

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant. :)

thoughtomator
01-12-2012, 12:53 PM
The "3rd party" question is simply a below-the-belt "electability" argument. They're presuming he can't with the GOP nod - they're wrong.

specsaregood
01-12-2012, 12:56 PM
They don't pester Romney or whomever about it because they'll flat-out reply "no", and they don't have the history Paul does (1988 run.)

They don't ask Romney this because he doesn't have a base that would support such a run and would get less votes than Paul got in '88.

Dr.3D
01-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Well, somebody should tell the media, it doesn't even matter. It's not like Ron running 3rd party would change anything. It's a moot subject.

Erazmus
01-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Well, somebody should tell the media, it doesn't even matter. It's not like Ron running 3rd party would change anything. It's a moot subject.

This.