PDA

View Full Version : Clinton and Jimmy Carter polling prior to winning

nbhadja
11-10-2007, 12:06 PM
"Back in 1975 Carter was polling 1% and he became the next president. In 1991 Clinton was polling only 2% and he also won the presidency. John McCain polled only 3% in 1999 and he still won the New Hampshire primary."

I wouldn't be shocked if this was true, even if it is from http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/pitkaniemi2.html.

Johncjackson
11-10-2007, 12:19 PM
If you tell Neocons this, they probably say " Oh, that's because they are Democrats." I have seen it written many times many places that polls are more accurate for Republicans, whatever that means. Of course "they" will probably call RP a Dem as well.

Korey Kaczynski
11-10-2007, 12:26 PM
If you tell Neocons this, they probably say " Oh, that's because they are Democrats." I have seen it written many times many places that polls are more accurate for Republicans, whatever that means. Of course "they" will probably call RP a Dem as well.

They're more accurate for the Republicans because of Frank Luntz's unbiased approach to polling :rolleyes:.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-10-2007, 02:17 PM
"Back in 1975 Carter was polling 1% and he became the next president. In 1991 Clinton was polling only 2% and he also won the presidency. John McCain polled only 3% in 1999 and he still won the New Hampshire primary."

I wouldn't be shocked if this was true, even if it is from http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/pitkaniemi2.html.

there's hope

libertyordeath
11-10-2007, 02:34 PM
I remember Kerry was 4% in the polls last time....

Naraku
11-10-2007, 02:44 PM
I think Republican polls are more accurate because there tends to be a more determined frontrunner. You look at the Democrats over this time and they've all been no-names before the primaries.

82ndVET4RP
11-10-2007, 02:49 PM
This year is actually a flip-flop on polling. Republicans have a toss up in polling and the Dems have a clear leader with Hillary. So the chances Ron Paul can be an upset are very very good.

werdd
11-10-2007, 03:22 PM
I posted something similar to this in general today, historically front runners leading the national polls leading up to the primaries have almost never won, id like to see an instance where they did.

We are unstoppable if we keep spreading the message liberty and Ron Paul, if everyone spreads the message as much as they can as nicely as they can, we are well on our way to winning these primaries.

Plus i predict RP will kill the NH primaries, in 1999 the iraq war wasnt going on is why they picked mccain, now hes stuck with the war and independent minded voters dont like that.

terlinguatx
11-10-2007, 03:23 PM

Nefertiti
11-10-2007, 03:25 PM
I once looked up the historical poll data in the archive of the big polling company-name is slipping my mind at the moment, but I know I posted them in the forum at the time-and I know the Carter numbers are correct, but I think the Clinton numbers are exaggerated.