PDA

View Full Version : Senate Bill S 510 Food Safety Modernization Act: Would outlaw gardening and saving seeds

Miss Annie
01-12-2012, 06:26 AM
See link for embedded links and further information on petition against the bill!

Senate Bill S 510 Food Safety Modernization Act vote imminent: Would outlaw gardening and saving seeds

http://www.naturalnews.com/030418_Food_Safety_Modernization_Act_seeds.html

(NaturalNews) Senate Bill 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act, has been called "the most dangerous bill in the history of the United States of America." It would grant the U.S. government new authority over the public's right to grow, trade and transport any foods. This would give Big brother the power to regulate the tomato plants in your backyard. It would grant them the power to arrest and imprison people selling cucumbers at farmer's markets. It would criminalize the transporting of organic produce if you don't comply with the authoritarian rules of the federal government.

"It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one's choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God." - Dr. Shiv Chopra, Canada Health whistleblower (http://shivchopra.com/?page_id=2)

This tyrannical law puts all food production (yes, even food produced in your own garden) under the authority of the Department of Homeland Security. Yep -- the very same people running the TSA and its naked body scanner / passenger groping programs.

This law would also give the U.S. government the power to arrest any backyard food producer as a felon (a "smuggler") for merely growing lettuce and selling it at a local farmer's market.

It also sells out U.S. sovereignty over our own food supply by ceding to the authority of both the World Trade Organization (WTO) and Codex Alimentarius.

It would criminalize seed saving (http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/20...), turning backyard gardeners who save heirloom seeds into common criminals. This is obviously designed to give corporations like Monsanto a monopoly over seeds.

It would create an unreasonable paperwork burden that would put small food producers out of business, resulting in more power over the food supply shifting to large multinational corporations.

I encourage you to read more about this dangerous bill at the Food Freedom blog on Wordpress: http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/20...

Watch this excellent video on NaturalNews.TV which explains S.510 in more detail:
http://naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=9209B...

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/030418_Food_Safety_Modernization_Act_seeds.html#ix zz1jFKC9DKf

pacelli
01-12-2012, 06:42 AM
S.510
Latest Title: Research of Alcohol Detection Systems for Stopping Alcohol-related Fatalities Everywhere Act of 2011

mosquitobite
01-12-2012, 06:47 AM
already passed?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FDA_Food_Safety_Modernization_Act

The FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) was signed into law by President Obama on January 4th, 2011. It aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe by shifting the focus of federal regulators from responding to contamination to preventing it. The Secretary of Health and Human Services also deals with the FSMA.

pacelli
01-12-2012, 06:53 AM
I'm not sure why we are just pulling headlines from websites without doing some research on our own. There have been multiple threads about this over the past year.

Kelly.
01-12-2012, 09:44 AM
unenforcable

Created4
01-12-2012, 09:49 AM
This already passed, and the government is already starting to use some of these new powers to attack raw milk producers and protect the big dairy industry. Read about how one sheriff stood up to the feds to protect one Amish raw milk farmer in his county: http://healthimpactnews.com/2011/local-sheriffs-vs-the-feds-who-is-protecting-our-constitutional-rights/

oyarde
01-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Well , I have a bunch of seeds, I challenge any Senator to come and get them from me :)

Spikender
01-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Everyday, I keep on thinking humoursly to myself how blind people are. The people who founded this country and fought tooth and nail to free themselves from oppression would started the second American Revolution decades ago. We're enduring such tyrannies against our liberties and freedoms, and have been for decades, that our founders wouldn't have put up with for a second. And people accept these government intrusions as a norm.

Anyway, on to the topic at hand, this is totally unenforcable, so I don't see this having a big impact... but I did read about the raw milk stuff happening, so I see that perhaps my thoughts about it being unenforcable may just be wishful thinking.

Bosco Warden
01-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Could they use having a garden as a reasonable suspicion to search a house?

Alot of shit is unenforceable but thats besides the point. Its unconstitutional in the first place.

Barrex
01-12-2012, 11:29 AM
LOL Imagine on every corner Tomato dealer...Just as Crack/Drug dealer selling his illegal products and police chasing them and squashing tomatoes with their feet because they dont want to spend entire day filling in the forms.....LOL

You americans and your silly laws...lol prohibition take 2.

oyarde
01-12-2012, 11:32 AM
LOL Imagine on every corner Tomato dealer...Just as Crack/Drug dealer selling his illegal products and police chasing them and squashing tomatoes with their feet because they dont want to spend entire day filling in the forms.....LOL

You americans and your silly laws...lol prohibition take 2. Smashing my tomatos would be viewed by myself as an act of terror , since I do not yet have a drone , I would have to retaliate with more traditional means...

acptulsa
01-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Yeah, passed. The FDA failed to find the salmonella in a peanut butter factory, people died, so we need more laws the FDA can't enforce and DHS calling us terrorists because we find ways to eat without making Monsanto richer in the process. Because Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack still has lots of Monsanto stock, and wants it to go up more.

Damn near made farmers' markets illegal, too, but the liberals had just enough sense to object to that part. So, baking a cake for a coworker and selling it to them for the cost of the materials you used to help them celebrate a child's birthday is now a federal offense, and can land you in Leavenworth. Welcome to Amerika.

donnay
01-12-2012, 11:43 AM
unenforcable

Most of the crazy laws are unenforceable, but they will be selectively enforced this on the Amish, small family farm and you and I eventually. :mad: This as usually is following Codex Ailmentarius and Big Agra!

Kelly.
01-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Most of the crazy laws are unenforceable, but they will be selectively enforced this on the Amish, small family farm and you and I eventually. :mad: This as usually is following Codex Ailmentarius and Big Agra!

thats what the 2nd amendment is for, along with constitutional sheriffs.

ryanmkeisling
01-12-2012, 04:56 PM
This is really bad, my livelihood is at stake. It has gotten so bad that I am in constant fear of being raided and shut down. It is already happening in this state and not even from federal enforces. Even the state government is in collusion with the huge milk industry here. The Farm to Consumers Legal Defense Fund and the Weston A. Price foundation are nice to have around but provide for very little security against the Federal/Corporate government just shutting things down. This was the best year ever at the local farmers markets too. Anyone who can't see the police state tightening its grip on us all is blind at this point. There are many even here within the RP movement who welcome this stuff and champion for it. I had one poster even argue with me that GMO crops have reduced hunger world wide, citing the rise of the middle class in India, etc.! Unbelievable.

Natural Citizen
08-25-2013, 10:46 PM
This issue continues.

Carson
08-25-2013, 10:50 PM
unenforcable

Unlimited counterfeit.