PDA

View Full Version : Sen. DeMint: 'I really don't want Ron Paul to drop out'

bobbyw24
01-12-2012, 06:14 AM
South Carolina Republican Sen. Jim DeMint told The Daily Caller that he doesn’t want Texas Rep. Ron Paul to drop out of the presidential race — at least not quite yet.

“I really don’t want Ron Paul to drop out until whoever our front-runner is is collecting some of the ideas that he’s talking about,” DeMint, who recently predicted Mitt Romney would win the Jan. 21 South Carolina primary, said when TheDC asked if it was time for other GOP presidential contenders to drop out and support the former Massachusetts governor.

“Ron Paul is right on the fact that we’ve got an out of control and unaccountable Federal Reserve that is eventually going to create a major crisis,” said DeMint. “He’s also right in the importance of individual liberty and the whole constitutional limited government. And more of our candidates need to incorporate that.”

DeMint, a tea party favorite, suggested that Paul may be in the race just to push the other candidates to adopt some of his libertarian ideas, not necessarily to win.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/12/sen-demint-i-really-dont-want-ron-paul-to-drop-out/#ixzz1jFI5YbWY

jax
01-12-2012, 06:20 AM
You know what, f him. Have damn backbone. He's saying he supporrs ron but can't support him so lets put another face on his ideals. Punk in my opinion

newyearsrevolution08
01-12-2012, 06:21 AM
He was just on fox talking up Ron Paul aswell. He talked him up so much they were like " you aren't endorsing ron paul or anything though right?" LOL.

Come on Demint, all you have that YOU and other christians have problems with is the foreign policy. We CAN'T afford nation building and foreign aid SO it MUST STOP, what fiscal conservative CAN'T see this!

sirgonzo420
01-12-2012, 06:22 AM
DeMint is kinda bein' a little bitch.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-12-2012, 06:23 AM
The question isn't whether Paul will support the nominee, it's whether the GOP will support Paul as the nominee.

Student Of Paulism
01-12-2012, 06:24 AM
Uhhgg. Sounds to me like he is trying to create hybrids with the other candidates based on accepting Ron's message, so they will be more like him and become more acceptable, and basically phase out Ron :rolleyes: Kinda like some reverse strategy effect. And the last part there about trying to get them in his direction and not really running to win is ridiculous. He wouldn't be in the race if he wasn't wanting to be the next president, that's the obvious reason why someone runs in the first place, sheesh.

bobbyw24
01-12-2012, 06:26 AM
The question isn't whether Paul will support the nominee, it's whether the GOP will support Paul as the nominee.

Bingo

Muwahid
01-12-2012, 06:37 AM
DeMint needs to endorse Paul, that would be a great boost. :mad:

rprprs
01-12-2012, 06:52 AM
“I don’t agree with Ron Paul on foreign policy and his disengagement around the world, but we’re going to end up where he is because we don’t have any money,” DeMint said.
Isn't that EXACTLY like what Ron has been saying FOREVER. It's the bottom line that Ron ALWAYS tags on to his foreign policy argument.

Cognitive dissonance at it's finest.

bobbyw24
01-12-2012, 07:00 AM
Isn't that EXACTLY like what Ron has been saying FOREVER. It's the bottom line that Ron ALWAYS tags on to his foreign policy argument.

Cognitive dissonance at it's finest.

Yup

tsetsefly
01-12-2012, 07:02 AM
Screw Demint, he doesn't have the balls to come out and endorse him because of what it would mean with the GOP establishment... That or he wants some love from RP fans...

messana
01-12-2012, 07:05 AM
When his latest book is titled Now or Never: Saving America from Economic Collapse, not endorsing Ron would be a really stupid idea.

TheState
01-12-2012, 07:08 AM
Man, this is like the 3rd thread I've seen of people bashing Demint b/c he said NICE things about Paul.

bobbyw24
01-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Man, this is like the 3rd thread I've seen of people bashing Demint b/c he said NICE things about Paul.

C'mon this is the "No One But Paul" crowd what do you expect?;)

Tod
01-12-2012, 07:13 AM
That is so aggrevating.....these people are something else. I'm seeing a lot of the same sort of talk on Tea Party facebook pages. They REALLY don't want to support Ron Paul.

The Goat
01-12-2012, 07:16 AM
Lets face it ya'll, We are the only ones listening to this from DeMint. All this is is him trying to court our vote into the Republican establishment.

DeMint's advisers are lining up behind Romney. He said that he thinks Romney will win SC.

No one but Paul!

Quit wasting our time on Dumint.

bobbyw24
01-12-2012, 07:18 AM
Lets face it ya'll, We are the only ones listening to this from DeMint. All this is is him trying to court our vote into the Republican establishment.

Damn--Another Conspiracy?? Will it ever end?

bobbyw24
01-12-2012, 07:19 AM

DeMint's advisers are lining up behind Romney. He said that he thinks Romney will win SC.

No one but Paul!

Quit wasting our time on Dumint.

Ron Paul: How Badly does GOP Need his Voters? -

http://goo.gl/mTeoJ

Cyberbrain
01-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Just another opportunist like Sarah Palin. They just want to put their face on the liberty movement and then attempt to hijack it for their own benefit once the primaries are over without taking any of the risk of doing something like endorsing Paul. I'm not falling for it.

bobbyw24
01-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Just another opportunist like Sarah Palin. They just want to put their face on the liberty movement and then attempt to hijack it for their own benefit once the primaries are over without taking any of the risk of doing something like endorsing Paul. I'm not falling for it.

Would you say that Palin and DeMint have more clout or power int he GOP than Paul?

dfalken
01-12-2012, 07:33 AM
The GOP would want you to believe they do, but reality is they don't even come up to Ron Paul's heels. Its them trying to ride Ron Paul's coatails not the other way around. I say screw DeMint, he wants to ride the coatails but at the same time stay in good faith with the GOP....that's a lying politician if I ever saw one.

Would you say that Palin and DeMint have more clout or power int he GOP than Paul?

blabam
01-12-2012, 07:34 AM
If they keep it up, they will become irrelevant by the end of this campaign.

bobbyw24
01-12-2012, 07:38 AM
If they keep it up, they will become irrelevant by the end of this campaign.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2549920/bob_marley_and_the_wailers_time_will_tell_kaya_ver sion/

Cyberbrain
01-12-2012, 07:41 AM

Kind words from these two are great help for the moment for sure, but you know how it goes. They have their agendas that really have nothing in common with ours. I have no desire to get distracted from the real support and endorsements dripping in everyday! (Cavuto looks like he's coming our way :p)

Aratus
01-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Sen. Jim DeMint could !hint!hint!hint! at what he wants over the next four days as S.C
goes into a worse rollercoaster ride than Iowa + N.H compounded. i feel he will be most
indirectly handing 1st, 2nd and 3rd out to Mitt + Dr. Ron + Newt as he triggers a 3-way
split that might go the distance to Tampa. Jon Huntsman may end up forth or fifth then.

Carole
01-12-2012, 07:42 AM
Wonder what the PTB handlers have on Demint that is keeping him in line.

He is retiring isn't he?

Just trying to sell his book.

qh4dotcom
01-12-2012, 07:44 AM
South Carolina Republican Sen. Jim DeMint told The Daily Caller that he doesn’t want Texas Rep. Ron Paul to drop out of the presidential race — at least not quite yet.

“I really don’t want Ron Paul to drop out until whoever our front-runner is is collecting some of the ideas that he’s talking about,” DeMint, who recently predicted Mitt Romney would win the Jan. 21 South Carolina primary, said when TheDC asked if it was time for other GOP presidential contenders to drop out and support the former Massachusetts governor.

“Ron Paul is right on the fact that we’ve got an out of control and unaccountable Federal Reserve that is eventually going to create a major crisis,” said DeMint. “He’s also right in the importance of individual liberty and the whole constitutional limited government. And more of our candidates need to incorporate that.”

So if he thinks individual liberty is important why did he vote for the NDAA and the extensions of the Patriot Act?

Ssd
DeMint voted for the NDAA. That alone made me lose all of my respect for him as a politician. LOL, I have way more respect for Kucinich and his UFOs.

JohnGalt23g
Ease up on DeMint. He said months ago he wouldn't endorse anyone before the SC primary, and as far as I know, he has kept his word on that.

This is as good as we are going to get from him, and we should show him some love for it.

Carole
01-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Just trying to sell his book.

No Free Beer
01-12-2012, 07:48 AM
This is the same guy that voted for the PATRIOT Act

Drivingrain
01-12-2012, 07:56 AM

Well said. It's right out of the same playbook as Palin's fairly successful takeover of the Tea Party movement. But the funny thing is the Paulites satyed in the Tea Party movement in an uncomprimising fashion even after the press, unable to support a dem/repub coalition movement, happily facilitated her wrestling it away and making it fit in the traditional R vs D paradigm. Polls in '08 indicated we were 50% of it. We didnt go away; there was a battle within that was barely covered by the media (Matthews covered it once; Napalitano covered it well asking Glenn Beck is he a Palinite or Paulite; he answered Paul).

And so we wont go away this time either. If, ultimately, a strong 25% portion of the Repubs is a Constitutionalist wing and they acknowledge our presence as an entity in the same way evangelicals are...and we continue to grow at the same rate; then we will control the party in 4 or 8 years. Is that a better route than 3rd party? Someone like Ventura who, unlike us in this forum, has held high office...would unquestionably say NO. He's probably right.

wsc321
01-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Everything I've seen indicates DeMint voted against the NDAA. One of the few. (Look it up for yourself and please correct me if I'm wrong.)

I totally disagree with those criticizing DeMint. If I can't get a deep touchdown pass, I'll take a first down. At this point I appreciate anyone in the House or Senate that will at least treat Dr. Paul with respect. Just that, in and of itself, is a positive given that all the bloodthirsty Rush Limbaugh republicans are so dishonorable they won't even attempt to debate Dr. Paul honestly. They just call him names, malign his positions, and push the NeoCon War Agenda.

I'm thanking God for DeMint, and Palin, and anyone else who treats Dr. Paul with respect and is calling for his campaign to be taken seriously. I loved when DeMint said something like, "I'm very comfortable with having a debate in our party between the Libertarians and the Conservatives... what I don't want is a debate between Liberal and Moderate Republicans" or something like that.

No Free Beer
01-12-2012, 08:09 AM
Everything I've seen indicates DeMint voted against the NDAA. One of the few. (Look it up for yourself and please correct me if I'm wrong.)

I totally disagree with those criticizing DeMint. If I can't get a deep touchdown pass, I'll take a first down. At this point I appreciate anyone in the House or Senate that will at least treat Dr. Paul with respect. Just that, in and of itself, is a positive given that all the bloodthirsty Rush Limbaugh republicans are so dishonorable they won't even attempt to debate Dr. Paul honestly. They just call him names, malign his positions, and push the NeoCon War Agenda.

I'm thanking God for DeMint, and Palin, and anyone else who treats Dr. Paul with respect and is calling for his campaign to be taken seriously. I loved when DeMint said something like, "I'm very comfortable with having a debate in our party between the Libertarians and the Conservatives... what I don't want is a debate between Liberal and Moderate Republicans" or something like that.

The Daily Paul says he did.
http://www.dailypaul.com/198522/senators-who-voted-yea-for-ndaa-indefinite-detention-of-us-citizens-no-trial

This site says he didn't.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=s2011-230

bobbyw24
01-12-2012, 08:09 AM

There you go

Feeding the Abscess
01-12-2012, 08:13 AM
There you go

No, he voted for it. Voted for the PATRIOT Act, too.

I really don't get the defense of DeMint. You don't even have to read between the lines to see that he wants someone other than Ron to win, and have that candidate borrow some of Ron's positions (so they can throw them away as quickly as they adopted them).

No Free Beer
01-12-2012, 08:16 AM
WSC,

Although I agree with you, it's time for some of these big league players to step up.

I mean, you don't have to agree with everything, but the overall message of liberty and freedom.

I would have no problem with Demint saying that he doesn't full agree with Paul's foreign policy, but what good is our foreign policy if we don't have freedom and liberty here, at home? Something to that extent.

As far as I am concerned, if you don't step up, you are just as bad as the rest.

Tod
01-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Tweeted:

@JimDeMint I don't know a single Ron Paul supporter that will vote for anyone but Paul. If Paul isn't the nominee, I expect Obama wins.

Drivingrain
01-12-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm thanking God for DeMint, and Palin, and anyone else who treats Dr. Paul with respect and is calling for his campaign to be taken seriously.

does Palin take us seriously or does she slip into her robe and talk to about us like were children who need to be heard just like the grown-ups do? I think she sees political opportunity in numbers with Ron Paul and very little else. I wouldnt view that as taking the views seriously; could she even articulate the pros and cons of a gold standard? Nope, none of them can. Once they start going there, then we'll have some progress. Until then it's nothing more than another a pacify-us,-then-smother-us strategy.

Rincewind
Strictly speaking, the other candidates adopting some of Paul's views is better than the other candidates not adopting some of Paul's views.

wsc321
WSC,

Although I agree with you, it's time for some of these big league players to step up.

I mean, you don't have to agree with everything, but the overall message of liberty and freedom.

I would have no problem with Demint saying that he doesn't full agree with Paul's foreign policy, but what good is our foreign policy if we don't have freedom and liberty here, at home? Something to that extent.

As far as I am concerned, if you don't step up, you are just as bad as the rest.

I think we're on the same page in that I'm not interested in anyone who won't defend us against something like the NDAA, but according to an earlier post/quote, DeMint is at least leaning in this very direction. Emphasis mine:

"Ron Paul is right on the fact that we’ve got an out of control and unaccountable Federal Reserve that is eventually going to create a major crisis,” said DeMint. "He’s also right in the importance of individual liberty and the whole constitutional limited government. And more of our candidates need to incorporate that."

wsc321
01-12-2012, 08:22 AM
The Daily Paul says he did.
http://www.dailypaul.com/198522/senators-who-voted-yea-for-ndaa-indefinite-detention-of-us-citizens-no-trial

This site says he didn't.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=s2011-230

Thanks - that explains some of the confusion - I'll try to contact someone at the Daily Paul and get the record corrected.

nasaal
01-12-2012, 08:23 AM
If he is so worried about him dropping out, then he should endorse him to give him a boost. But unfortunately endorsing Paul is political suicide for the likes of governors and senators at this point.

tsetsefly
01-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Tweeted:
@JimDeMint I don't know a single Ron Paul supporter that will vote for anyone but Paul. If Paul isn't the nominee, I expect Obama wins.

If that is really his account, he is right about that! I will not vote for any of the gop candidate. Wont vote for Obama but definitely not voting for any republican other than Paul.

Ohio4Paul
01-12-2012, 08:30 AM
I will not vote for any of the gop candidate. Wont vote for Obama but definitely not voting for any republican other than Paul.
I wholeheartedly agree with you on this. Most of the people I know feel the same way. Ron Paul or no one!

Pisces
01-12-2012, 08:30 AM
I've been confused about Demint's position on NDAA as well. He did vote against final passage of the bill. I wasn't sure if it was because of indefinite detention provisions or some other reason so I did some research to see if I could find any statements from him. I found this youtube where he talks about his vote (sorry it's Beck but its all I could find.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7S5vuuluxc His statements start at 1:49.

cajuncocoa
01-12-2012, 08:34 AM
I won't bash DeMint, but I will say that I will never vote for someone who just wakes up one day and starts to spout the ideas of liberty JUST TO PANDER FOR MY VOTE. Either said candidate has "gotten it" all along about the importance of individual freedom and adherence to Constitutional principles, or they don't get it at all. In this 2012 election cycle, for me, it's No One But Paul because he's the only one who has been saying these things.

Aratus
01-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Jim DeMint could leap on Mitt Romney's rolling bandwagon tomorrow
and South Carolina could be a game, set and match point for Mitt.
I think he wants a threeway split and does not want to agree with
the sitting governor on anything at all at this point if he can help it.
If Lindsey Graham backs Rick Perry or Newt Gingrich as Jim DeMint is
aloof but very kind to us, it delays the inevitable for Gentleman Mitt.

Feeding the Abscess
01-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Thanks - that explains some of the confusion - I'll try to contact someone at the Daily Paul and get the record corrected.

He voted for initial passage in the Senate.

VBRonPaulFan
01-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Ease up on DeMint. He said months ago he wouldn't endorse anyone before the SC primary, and as far as I know, he has kept his word on that.

This is as good as we are going to get from him, and we should show him some love for it.

Yeah, a guy saying he loves Ron Paul's ideas and everything he's saying, we just need a different face for them. What an *awesome* compliment :rolleyes:

speciallyblend
01-12-2012, 08:41 AM
demint cannot be that clueless ,so i have to assume he is gop scumbag establishment trying to put the memo out that ron paul will be dropping out in which case jim demint is nothing more then a LIAR. There is a reason he is saying this crap. He is not stupid or clueless and i will never trust this guy. Jim Demint marginalizing Ron Paul sounds like corrupt gop establishment to me. Jim Demint has the corrupt gop virus that has just been named "joescarboroughisfullofcrap"

bobbyw24
01-12-2012, 08:43 AM
No one but Paul

georgiaboy
01-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Jim DeMint's stuff is helping pave the way for broader support for Ron Paul and his ideas across the GOP. This is a great thing. Thanks for sticking your neck out as far as you feel you can in trying to move the needle of the conversation within the GOP toward small gov't.

That said, can we trust any other candidate than Ron Paul at this point to actually carry out any of those things? Heck, even Rick Perry has given support to Ron's Federal Reserve positions, but would any Ron Paul supporter give Perry their vote? Doubtful at this point. Why not?

The piece DeMint is missing is the trust issue. If Mitt Romney started spouting support up and down the issues list for every one of Ron's views, I would still not vote for Mitt Romney. Why? I don't trust him. I don't trust any of these politicians who say one thing but then vote a different way. They get into office and just blend in with the status quo and nothing changes, gov't just gets bigger and bigger.

Jim, you must understand that the GOP is its own worst enemy when it comes to trying to figure out a way to keep the Ron Paul supporters 'in the fold'. You're not hearing us. It's not just lip service and issue support and a sentence or two in the platform or a speech at a convention we're looking for, and we won't support anyone who has in the past given lip service but proven by their actions to be untrustworthy liars. Yep, saying you're gonna support a philosophy or position and then not doing so is a lie. A flat out lie.

And guess what, we've actually tried that before, supported whoever the GOP threw up there, in hopes that the overall GOP philosophy was enough to move the needle in small gov't direction. Nope, it's been proven by the GOP itself that that does not work. So we have to look at each candidate to see if their actions match their words, and if their words are the right ones.

We are looking for (1) a person who supports the same small government, constitutional philosophies and policies that we do, who can be (2) trusted, based on prior record, to implement those policies.

If you can find anyone else out there like that besides Ron Paul who is running for president, I'll be pleased as punch to pull the lever for them.

Thanks for your efforts to at least say some good things about Ron Paul. I just wish you could go a few steps further, and sooner rather than later.

archangel689
01-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Judas.

Aratus
01-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Yeah, a guy saying he loves Ron Paul's ideas and everything he's saying, we just need a different face for them. What an *awesome* compliment :rolleyes:

he wants a brokered convention and/or he wants mitt romney to be his butler and manservant.
he's willing to let us write the party platform happily. he has to be weighing all the percentages.

JoshS
01-12-2012, 08:54 AM
DeMint's a bitch.

Yeah let's take the good things about RP and trust ROMNEY to come through on them..? What a joke. How about we take the real thing and not the big-government, lying liberal-conservative. How's that sound Jim?

Aratus
is jim demint agreeing with mitch mcconnell and both of them have the notion that rand paul could be part of this year's gop ticket?

Aratus
he wants a brokered convention.

archangel689
01-12-2012, 08:58 AM
The judge was talking about it too... there is something going on behind the scenes here. Like, they put rand on their ticket to placate us. That's not nearly enough for me though. they'd have to allow ron to appoint the entire cabinet, including the fed chairman and the treasury for me to even consider it. The fed chairman has as much, if not more power than the president himself, anyway. He holds the purse strings and you can control spending through him.

I don't think it will work, rand paul joining romney would considered "selling out" by the majority of ron pauls base, I think. In exchange for a romney president, they'd basically have to sell everything in the house for me to hold my nose and pull the lever.

I won't accept a turd sandwich, even if it has a tomato on it and I dont think anyone else here will either. We would seriously be compromising our values.

Eric21ND
01-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Tweeted:
Tweet him the awesome foreign policy video.

You like Ron Paul, except on foreign policy.

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEQviZPyeXk

Jandrsn21
01-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Demint needs to set his priorities straight......... Do you keep pandering to one part of your constituency, or do you begin to tell the truth no matter where it lands you? Well it is easier said than done from where I'm standing, but eventually everything catches up to you and you have to live up to every decision and action in your life. Man the life of a politician.... I don't envy them!

No Free Beer
01-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Jim DeMint could leap on Mitt Romney's rolling bandwagon tomorrow
and South Carolina could be a game, set and match point for Mitt.
I think he wants a threeway split and does not want to agree with
the sitting governor on anything at all at this point if he can help it.
If Lindsey Graham backs Rick Perry or Newt Gingrich as Jim DeMint is
aloof but very kind to us, it delays the inevitable for Gentleman Mitt.

I think Romney winning and Ron getting in 2nd or 3rd is a good thing for us.

The only thing that would be better is Paul winning...

wsc321
01-12-2012, 09:05 AM
He voted for initial passage in the Senate.

Good point, but based on what he says in the interview, that was because he was initially persuaded there would be protections in it for USA citizens, but when he saw that was not going to be the case he voted against it. So, on this one bill - and on that one particular point - he appears to be on our side.

The Gold Standard
01-12-2012, 09:08 AM
DeMint is not going to endorse Paul until he is ready to rain bombs down on Iranian children. That's all there is to it.

specsaregood
01-12-2012, 09:09 AM
When his latest book is titled Now or Never: Saving America from Economic Collapse, not endorsing Ron would be a really stupid idea.

eff you and your stupid book DeMint. You won't be getting sales here, johnnycome lately with no balls.

Aratus
01-12-2012, 09:12 AM
perhaps we should frame the question in terms of demint avoiding the rolling romney bandwagon and why...

No Free Beer
01-12-2012, 09:14 AM
At the end of the day, he could potentially solidify Dr. Paul with a 2nd place finish in SC. At the very least.

Travlyr
01-12-2012, 09:16 AM

DeMint, a tea party favorite, suggested that Paul may be in the race just to push the other candidates to adopt some of his libertarian ideas, not necessarily to win.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/12/sen-demint-i-really-dont-want-ron-paul-to-drop-out/#ixzz1jFI5YbWY

Jim DeMint suffers from the same problem as everyone else. It is not a major crisis until it hits home.

If you are one of the fortunate ones who still has a nice cushy job, health care, warm & dry home, etc... eh... no crisis... there is plenty of time to fix it. But if you are among the growing number who already wish they had a job that would pay the bills, and a warm, dry, home ... it is MAJOR CRISIS NOW! That is why so many people are pissed off Senator DeMint. IT IS A MAJOR CRISIS already! - For a lot of people.

Paulistinian
01-12-2012, 09:18 AM
If he endorsed Ron I'd buy his book. Other than that, I think he is a traitor.

Aratus
01-12-2012, 09:19 AM
politics as usual = idle games = PO'ed public at large

i really don't want ron paul to drop out = brokered convention in tampa

lakefx
01-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Saw this guy on the Daily Show. And I gotta say, for a guy who wrote a book called 'Now or Never' He sure has subscribed to "probably some other time."

wsc321
01-12-2012, 09:20 AM
I think I'll leave this thread with these thought:

Perhaps attempting to judge another politician's motives is an utter waste of time. At the end of the day, if they vote the way we want... who cares whether their motives are pure or opportunistic? I know there's a tendency to get mad at them, want to expose them, etc... but I'm just suggesting that is a losing fight and a huge waste of energy. I say we keep our eye on the ball: to advance a constitutional agenda.

Think about it this way: if someone wants to donate $500 to the campaign today... do you really care what their motive is? The things Palin and DeMint have said would cause Rush Limbaugh to have a seizure, make Sean Hannity pale and dizzy and probably make Levin leap out of the studio in an uncontrollable rage. Palin and DeMint's comments make Dr. Paul seem credible to the voters and undermine the attempts of the establishment to marginalize the movement.

I'm not saying we shouldn't look at a person's record when considering voting for them. But, my gosh... if DeMint walked up to you today and asked if you would deliver a $500 donation to the Ron Paul campaign in his name in my book you say "Thank you, Senator" and keep your personal feelings in check. What are you going to do, scream "sellout" at him and criticize him for not endorsing Ron Paul and renouncing the NeoCon agenda?

We gotta keep our personal feelings in check and keep our eye on the ball.

PastaRocket848
01-12-2012, 09:23 AM
that's what you call not having the backbone to stand up to the establishment. shameful on his part.

wilcox71
01-12-2012, 09:25 AM
He is helping us right now so don't bag on him, maybe its not a full endorsement but every thing helps. People will start listening to Dr Paul more now and its up to Dr Paul to convert them. DeMint is helping open people's ears at least.

centure7
01-12-2012, 09:28 AM
What DeMint is talking about was already tried with Perry and look where he's at. But yeah, Ron Paul sets the agenda now. We win nomatter what!

Brett85
01-12-2012, 09:36 AM
No, he voted for it. Voted for the PATRIOT Act, too.

I really don't get the defense of DeMint. You don't even have to read between the lines to see that he wants someone other than Ron to win, and have that candidate borrow some of Ron's positions (so they can throw them away as quickly as they adopted them).

He voted against final passage of the NDAA bill.

specsaregood
01-12-2012, 09:38 AM
He voted against final passage of the NDAA bill.
Was it better or worse than the previous versions he voted for?

AuH20
01-12-2012, 09:56 AM
I think everyone is missing the salient point Demint is trying to make. Romney is on the verge of winning the first 4 states. He's probably going to be the nominee. Demint is advising the Ron Paul campaign to not squander the political capital it has taken from the establishment. He's not asking RP supporters to fall inline for a candidate they are incompatible with.

bobbyw24
01-12-2012, 09:57 AM
I think everyone is missing the salient point Demint is trying to make. Romney is on the verge of winning the first 4 states. He's probably going to be the nominee. Demint is advising the Ron Paul campaign to not squander their political capital it has taken from the establishnent. He's not asking RP supporters to fall inline for a candidate they are incompatible with.

We have a winner:)

iamse7en
01-12-2012, 10:12 AM
No One But Demint!

Also, did you know that Demint Started The Recession™?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HER2pGdAak