PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check on Delegates - should we focus on certain districts in SC ?

J_White
01-12-2012, 02:17 AM
http://www.fox19.com/story/16502235/reality-check-the-truth-behind-the-republican-delegate-numbers

Some good info.
Iowa delegates number not known.
NH - Romney 7, Paul 3, Huntsman 2.
SC - 11 for state overall winner. 2 each for each District.

considering this, I hope the Campaign is going to focus on certain districts.
chances of winning at this moment are slim, unless Gingrich and Romney destroy each other !

Agorism
01-12-2012, 02:35 AM
I don't think so unless there is some sort of opportunity that is obvious. I think we need to defeat Newt and Santorum so we can be the official anti-Romney

MrGoose
01-12-2012, 02:42 AM
I think we should focus on an overall 1st or second. Right now it's more about momentum than anything. If we top Newt and Frothy in there own territory they will have to drop out.

jersdream
01-12-2012, 02:46 AM
Oh wow, SC doesn't divide them up based on overall %? That makes the task really hard. If you don't win a district, you certainly won't win the state....you are going to end up with zero delegates.

01-12-2012, 02:49 AM
http://www.fox19.com/story/16502235/reality-check-the-truth-behind-the-republican-delegate-numbers

Some good info.
Iowa delegates number not known.
NH - Romney 7, Paul 3, Huntsman 2.
SC - 11 for state overall winner. 2 each for each District.

considering this, I hope the Campaign is going to focus on certain districts.
chances of winning at this moment are slim, unless Gingrich and Romney destroy each other !

Upstate South Carolina, the western part of the state, is far more conservative and less likely to fall into Romney's hands. It was where Huckleboo did so well four years ago.

lollypop
01-19-2012, 03:10 AM
I am a Ron Paul delegate from Iowa. Ron Paul has 7 delegates presently from Iowa. All top 3 nominee winners in Iowa got 7 delegates each. So Romney got 7, Santorum got 7 and RON PAUL got 7. Do not let anyone lie to you. Gingrich got 2 and Perry got 2 delegates in Iowa. This can change at the Natl GOP convention but so what ! Out of NH Romney got supposedly 7 delegates, Paul 3 delegates and Santorum 2. NH had only 12 delegates to give. Iowa had 25 presently.
SC has 11 delegates to give to the overall winner. But each of 7 SC districts won provides 2 more delegates per district.
So presently the top delegate winner is Romney and IN 2ND PLACE THE TOP DELEGATE WINNER IS RON PAUL ! If Romney wins all the delegates in SC , Ron Paul will still be in 2ND PLACE WITH HIS 10 DELEGATES ! Gingrich would have 2 and Perry 2 and Santorum 7 delegates.
For Gingrich or Perry to beat Paul in delegates if he does not win overall, he would have to win 4 SC districts to beat PAUL in delegates ! Santorum would have to win 2 districts in SC to beat PAUL in delegates! (Unless Santorum got lucky and won SC overall in the main primary.)
So cheer up ! Yes, it is VERY IMPORTANT TO FOCUS IN sc on te DISTRICTS MORE LIKELY TO BRING A WIN FOR RON PAUL . IF RON PAUL ONLY WON ONE DISTRICT , HE WOULD HAVE 12 DELEGATES. IF HE WON 2 DISTRICTS HE WOULD HAVE 14 DELEGATES.

harikaried
01-19-2012, 03:26 AM
In terms of getting Democrat support (for the open primary), these 3 districts are likely to be most democratic. Note the 7th district is new but has several counties from 5 and 6:

District 5 (67% voted D for House)
District 6 (62% voted D for House)
District 7 (north-east counties voted D from District 5 and 6)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?349645-Time-for-Blue-Republicans-to-shine-in-South-Carolina-%28fully-open-primary%29

J_White
01-19-2012, 03:45 AM
hope that the campaign has this info and is canvassing accordingly.
unless the ABC interview, if aired, takes Newt down, I am hoping for a comfortable 3rd place, but we should win some district(s).

In terms of getting Democrat support (for the open primary), these 3 districts are likely to be most democratic. Note the 7th district is new but has several counties from 5 and 6:

District 5 (67% voted D for House)
District 6 (62% voted D for House)
District 7 (north-east counties voted D from District 5 and 6)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?349645-Time-for-Blue-Republicans-to-shine-in-South-Carolina-%28fully-open-primary%29