PDA

View Full Version : Simple 'I went' Ad Idea

idiom
01-11-2012, 10:20 PM
How about a brief ad the people here could throw together.

Just a number of veterans individually saying to the camera "I Went" with their branch and maybe campaign in a graphic below.

Followed by RP saying (ideally to camera if the campaign picks it up) "I Went" with a similar graphic

Then Romney, Santorum, and Newt in turn going... "um... ah..." With a graphic saying 'Never Went, deffered/dodged' as applicable.

Followed by

Honor The Call
Vote Ron Paul

Edit to add:

Okay, so if it is going to be crowd sourced we need some help.

If there are veterans out there can you fire up a clip of yourself doing a piece to camera?

I originally thought of stating your name, service, then waiting, saying 'I went' then waiting then saying Honor the call, Vote Ron Paul. so it can be spliced together.

However I just remembered this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-BzXpOch-E

Which is the sort of look I was after.

Would it be better if all the veterans in the crowd just filmed themselves writing on a piece of paper "I Went - <Insert Service>" Then holding it up.

If we could get Ron Paul to do the same at the end it would be pretty compelling I think.

Thoughts?

rnestam
01-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Do it up...."I Went" graphics and videos should be plastered everywhere with SC coming up....if ANY other candidate had a moment like that it would have been national gold and an instant surge in the polls. I haven't seen it once in the media since the debate. So fucking aggravating.

Agorism
01-11-2012, 10:36 PM
With Romney and Gingrich dodging the draft in it lol.

That would be a great ad.

Vergil
01-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Wonderful idea. This ad needs to be playing in South Carolina ASAP.

jeremiahj13
01-11-2012, 10:44 PM
I'm in the military... never been deployed though :( (yet)

specsaregood
01-11-2012, 10:48 PM
i like it

Havax
01-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Tie it in with "Ron Paul will only take us to war with a declaration like the Constitution declares, and if it is declared, he will go in, win it, and get out - not wasting precious lives and money we don't have nation building. A pro-American foreign policy." Throw in something about electability with some polls showing him strong against Obama.

kylejack
01-11-2012, 11:00 PM
The only reason Newt draft dodging is relevant to me is that he is a war monger. I think a person has no obligation to go into forced military service for a bogus aggressive war.

specsaregood
01-11-2012, 11:23 PM
The only reason Newt draft dodging is relevant to me is that he is a war monger. I think a person has no obligation to go into forced military service for a bogus aggressive war.

How about Romney? He protested in favor of the draft AND the war while receiving a deferment.

http://stanfordreview.org/wp-content/uploads/romney-protesting-661.jpg

kylejack
01-11-2012, 11:42 PM
How about Romney? He protested in favor of the draft AND the war while receiving a deferment.

http://stanfordreview.org/wp-content/uploads/romney-protesting-661.jpg
And that too. Hence ads that highlight that are good, but not simply an ad that says I went when called as if that is the only ethical choice.

idiom
01-11-2012, 11:47 PM
I was thinking like a 30 second very sparse ad.

Would work as a radio ad too, which would be cheap enough that we could individually buy air time ourselves.

idiom
01-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Okay, so if it is going to be crowd sourced we need some help.

If there are veterans out there can you fire up a clip of yourself doing a piece to camera?

I originally thought of stating your name, service, then waiting, saying 'I went' then waiting then saying Honor the call, Vote Ron Paul. so it can be spliced together.

However I just remembered this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-BzXpOch-E

Which is the sort of look I was after.

Would it be better if all the veterans in the crowd just filmed themselves writing on a piece of paper "I Went - <Insert Service>" Then holding it up.

If we could get Ron Paul to do the same at the end it would be pretty compelling I think.

Thoughts?