PDA

View Full Version : Jim Demint on Daily Show tonight

wide awake
01-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Show just started. I'd expect him to be on about in 15 min or so.

FSP-Rebel
01-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Then u owe me a stream.

Schiff_FTW
01-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Stewart: "With the Romney win in the bag, the only real question becomes "'Who would be the first pundit to dismiss Ron Paul's finish?'" lol

Schiff_FTW
01-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Huntsman looked so miserable as the confetti poured down on him haha

constitutionalism
01-11-2012, 10:08 PM
stream please

wide awake
01-11-2012, 10:12 PM
well you can try this stream (http://www.justin.tv/comedycentral)but not sure if it's working

White Bear Lake
01-11-2012, 10:17 PM
No DeMint yet... there have been category 4 robocall smears rampaging through Myrtle Beach already, apparently.

dbill27
01-11-2012, 10:20 PM
ON now

Bern
01-11-2012, 10:21 PM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/

pauliticalfan
01-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Shoutout to Rand Paul, won't endorse Romney.

Schiff_FTW
01-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Demint: The federal government doesn't do much well.
Stewart: So why do we let them fight our wars?

angelatc
01-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Time Magazine says it's time to ax Head Start. (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2081778,00.html)

Schiff_FTW
01-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Stewart is full of it. This country was founded and thrived on the notion of individual liberty.

Agorism
01-11-2012, 10:26 PM
This interview kind of stinks. They are just talking gibberish.

Agorism
01-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Stewart is dead correct on about the Constitution being the greatest expansion of federal power.

pauliticalfan
01-11-2012, 10:29 PM
21 minutes, wow. Gotta find that interview when it's up.

wide awake
01-11-2012, 10:31 PM
21 minutes, wow. Gotta find that interview when it's up.

yeah, he even did a taped intro making a joke that the conversation lasted 15 hours.

wide awake
01-12-2012, 02:12 PM
If you haven't seen the full interview with Demint, below are the links to it. There is no discussion of Ron Paul, but it is a really interesting and honest conversation:

Segment 1 (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-january-11-2012/exclusive---jim-demint-extended-interview-pt--1)
Segment 2 (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-january-11-2012/exclusive---jim-demint-extended-interview-pt--2)
Segment 3 (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-january-11-2012/exclusive---jim-demint-extended-interview-pt--3)

thoughtomator
01-12-2012, 02:13 PM
yes it is very much worth everyone's time

bluesc
01-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Seems like DeMint is setting himself up to endorse someone with all of these big interviews recently.

ds21089
01-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Stewart is dead correct on about the Constitution being the greatest expansion of federal power.

So we should have anarchy?

Federal power how so? The federal power to maintain our liberties and prosperity is far different than federal power to raid your house, label you a terrorist, then throw you in jail for the rest of your life with no judge, jury, trial.

jsem
01-12-2012, 02:17 PM
It's on the daily show website.

low preference guy
01-12-2012, 02:19 PM
So we should have anarchy?

The Articles of Confederation were vastly superior to the Constitution, and they didn't establish anarchy.

nedomedo
01-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Demint sucks at defending liberty. He couldn't argue against any of Stewarts points, even though Stewarts points were easily debunked.

For example, Stewart said that if S. Carolina has cheaper healthcare than everyone would flock there instead of their own states. What Demint should of said is "yes, that is good, maybe then due to competition other states will lower their prices too because they are loosing business"

Smitty
01-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Demint voted for NDAA.

Nobody needs to know more than that about him.

He's not a representative of the people.

wide awake
01-12-2012, 02:30 PM
The Articles of Confederation were vastly superior to the Constitution, and they didn't establish anarchy.

The United States would have never survived under the Articles of Confederation. The founding fathers realized this when Lord Dorchester and William Smith returned to Quebec waiting for the economic chaos that was unfolding in the US to provide an opportunity to reinstate at least some of the British empire.

jcarcinogen
01-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Demint only has support because he is about 'values' not his intellect.

Student Of Paulism
01-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Boy, i gotta say Stewart really put Jim on defense a lot here. May not agree with everything Stewart said, he is definitely a very left leaning moderate type, which couldn't have been made more clear when he said that he felt having corps and free enterprise handle regulation and people helping people, would be a reversion to the 1900s. This is where he doesn't agree with RP.

I found the part interesting about the gov receiving more revenue with TAXES being LOWERED too, which didn't occur much within the last 100 years. I guess it could be possible, but a surplus of some kind would need to accrued, which would take place with major cuts first, obviously. Taxes could then be lowered, as well as payroll tax cuts being repealed (at whatever rates they came up with that are deemed appropriate) and it could work. The problem is the spending is out of control along with inflation too, so the government just becomes a damn langolier of sorts, gobbling everything up in its path.

I don't like a flat tax, but it all depends on what kind of flat tax. I like more of a FLAT PERCENTAGE TAX (sliding scale type of deal), meaning you pay a certain % of what you make, and that amount would be an equal chunk when compared to the guy making 3million, and the guy making 30k. Slapping on some flat number that 'seems' fair does more damage to the middle class and poor, then it will ever do to to the millionaires, hence John's point that they are 'doing just fine' and even better than 40 years ago.

Jon's point about the 'UNITED' STATES too, makes sense as well. After all, a Union is a form of a collective model (no different with the USSR in that way), and with the constitution thrown in and BoR, that is where the freedom factor comes in. Hence, LEFT and RIGHT. Regulation and government oversight is ALWAYS necessary, it just all depends on WHO is doing the regulating, and WHAT they are regulating. The problem is we have nothing but vile crooks who do nothing but lie, cheat and steal and piss money into the sands of countries overseas where we have no business being, as well as squandering money off to special interests and the lobbyists who line their pockets, and THAT, is what needs to be gutted once and for all. Like Jon said, he doesnt want gov GONE, he just wants a BETTER one. Michael Ruppert once said, was in his book actually, that have you ever seen a person say in any country, 'My gov is great, they take care of me and our people so well, we never complain at all, everything's just fine and managed in the best way possible!' Heh, good luck finding anyone who feels that way, which goes to show, PEOPLE fuck government up. Hell, even communism can work, if the right people were running it, i mean, true blue, HONEST, and MORAL people running the show.

The pilgrims actually were living in a quasi-communist society and did ok for awhile, until people started getting annoyed that others werent doing their part, and got sick and tired of toiling and having to share the wealth with those who got lazy. No sense in busting your ass for someone who is getting the same reward as you and does nothing at all to get it lol.

I gotta say though, Jon is really a smart guy, and really debated well with Jim here. He puts Bill O'Fkhead to shame and that is why Bill picks on him so much and deep down, is probably bitter about Jon's thumb having more brain cells than his entire head contains.

GeorgiaAvenger
01-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Demint voted for NDAA.

Nobody needs to know more than that about him.

He's not a representative of the people.

No he didn't