PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Manuel of the Phillies responded to my video of RP's NH speech.....

DealzOnWheelz
01-11-2012, 08:20 PM
So I posted the RP NH speech on my facebook with the title:Listen to this speech with an open mind and tell me you don't feel something!!!

Charlie Manuel of the Philadelphia Phillies responded with "Romney!"

I responded with : Charlie, I'm honored you took the time to comment on my link and I'm very interested to know what it is about Romney that you like? And do you dislike Ron Paul or simply prefer Mitt?

I am eager to get into a discussion about this with him considering I'm a DIEHARD PHILS PHAN & would love to be known as the guy who made CHarlie Manuel a Ron Paul supporter.

I could see the headline:"Philadelphia Phillies World Series Champion head coach Charlie Manuel endorses Ron Paul after a fervant Ron Paul supporter discusses policy via Facebook comments swaying him from team Romney"

I will keep the RPF's updated on this development

ropa2012
01-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Huge Phillies fan here too - I truly wish you the best of luck and encourage your continued efforts to engage him, but I'm skeptical he'd get into a discussion about it on facebook. On a side note, how'd you feel about the Papelbon signing? I was a bit disappointed with the amount of money spent on an already heavy payroll but hey, Amaro hasn't disappointed me yet!

StudentForPaul08
01-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Huge Phillies fane here. Born and raised right outside of Philly.

Are you sure it's an official facebook page? or just some fan saying things. I can't see Charlie being active on facebook.

GeorgiaAvenger
01-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Oh shoot...I'm a Braves fan!

But I will change my opinion of the Phils if Charlie endorses Ron. Work on it!

ropa2012
01-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Braves'll be VERY solid this year! Lookin' forward to a tight division race...with the Phils on top of course ;)

KramerDSP
01-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Born and raised in NE Philly. Gotta love Uncle Chollie. Hope you can convert him!

tsetsefly
01-11-2012, 08:31 PM
fuck the phillies! cubs fan here... having said that, good luck converting him!

TomtheTinker
01-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Let's go Mets!!!!!!! :/

GeorgiaAvenger
01-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Braves'll be VERY solid this year! Lookin' forward to a tight division race...with the Phils on top of course ;)

Yes. SS will be the only liability. A full season of Bourn, a consistent Uggla, and a bounceback Heyward will make it very close.

Jingles
01-11-2012, 08:34 PM
I really don't watch sports, but I'm from NE PA so its all about the Phillies, Flyers, and Eagles if I have to pick teams. Plus, I really love Philly for some reason. I'm not really big into cities, but I like Philly.

ropa2012
01-11-2012, 08:34 PM
I hate that you guys ended up with Bourn. Loved the kid with the Phillies and was sad to see him sent to Houston. Blink and you miss him.

Nirvikalpa
01-11-2012, 08:36 PM

Haha my EXACT sentiment as well.

brandon
Yo Dealz man I kinda remember you saying you lived in Lansdale before? You still live there?

Hyperion
Lifelong Nashvillian, but also a lifelong diehard diehard crazy Phillies fan. It'd be great to get Cholly on board.

Sadly it looks like his taste in candidates is like his ability in handling the bullpen or late game PH situations.

Justinfrom1776
01-11-2012, 08:40 PM
So I posted the RP NH speech on my facebook with the title:Listen to this speech with an open mind and tell me you don't feel something!!!

Charlie Manuel of the Philadelphia Phillies responded with "Romney!"

I responded with : Charlie, I'm honored you took the time to comment on my link and I'm very interested to know what it is about Romney that you like? And do you dislike Ron Paul or simply prefer Mitt?

I am eager to get into a discussion about this with him considering I'm a DIEHARD PHILS PHAN & would love to be known as the guy who made CHarlie Manuel a Ron Paul supporter.

I could see the headline:"Philadelphia Phillies World Series Champion head coach Charlie Manuel endorses Ron Paul after a fervant Ron Paul supporter discusses policy via Facebook comments swaying him from team Romney"

I will keep the RPF's updated on this development

Well now, you won't be able to call them "World Series Champion Phillies" anymore will ya? Of course they lost to my Cardinals who actually are the World Series Champions..

But good luck in converting him.. I had a similar notion to reach out to Chris Carpenter who is a resident of N.H. I was unable to get a response out of him.

KramerDSP
01-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Haha my EXACT sentiment as well.

Flyers, Ravens, Mets? What's the NBA team? Lakers? :D

Koz
01-11-2012, 08:51 PM
let's go cubs

wide awake
01-11-2012, 08:56 PM

I'm with you! ... only I was too embarrassed it to say it first :(

goldpants
01-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Let's Go Mets

justatrey
01-11-2012, 09:23 PM
DAMMIT CHARLIE! I've been following the Phils since the early 90's.

LET'S GO METS

JOE CARTER IS MY HERO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwxuquJ3xxE

DealzOnWheelz
01-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Huge Phillies fan here too - I truly wish you the best of luck and encourage your continued efforts to engage him, but I'm skeptical he'd get into a discussion about it on facebook. On a side note, how'd you feel about the Papelbon signing? I was a bit disappointed with the amount of money spent on an already heavy payroll but hey, Amaro hasn't disappointed me yet!

Yeah we are spending Yankee money these days but hey, look what its doing for us.....Amaro for VP??

Huge Phillies fane here. Born and raised right outside of Philly.

Are you sure it's an official facebook page? or just some fan saying things. I can't see Charlie being active on facebook.

Sadly I am starting to believe it may not actually be Charlie; Where outside of Philly are you?

Yo Dealz man I kinda remember you saying you lived in Lansdale before? You still live there?

I used to work at Lansdale Chrysler Jeep while living in Norristown; I now live in South Philly, Broad & Washington.

Anybody know of any RP meetup groups in Philly; I'd like to start getting together with people and work on promoting the message. Ron had his best showing in PA in 2008; we can make a big splash here this time. Especially since this is Santorum country & everybody here hates the guy

DealzOnWheelz
01-11-2012, 09:25 PM
DAMMIT CHARLIE! I've been following the Phils since the early 90's.

LET'S GO METS

JOE CARTER IS MY HERO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwxuquJ3xxE

I'm tempted to report you for that video, I remember exactly where I was and what i was doing when that happened......#FACEPALM

DealzOnWheelz
01-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Well now, you won't be able to call them "World Series Champion Phillies" anymore will ya? Of course they lost to my Cardinals who actually are the World Series Champions..

But good luck in converting him.. I had a similar notion to reach out to Chris Carpenter who is a resident of N.H. I was unable to get a response out of him.

Once a Champion always a Champion.....Kinda like Once A congressman always a congressman. BTW you can thank Charlie for playing hard against the braves in the end of the regular season, without that the Cards would've need tickets to go to the playoffs

RonPaulRules
01-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Mets Fan here :(

RestoreTheRepublic
01-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Another huge Phillies fan here. Live and work in the city. If Charlie endorses Ron my life would be complete.

mojobo
01-11-2012, 09:37 PM
:toady: Nationals fan here :toady: now all we need is a Marlins fan to complete the NL East...

XTreat
01-11-2012, 09:46 PM
my Cardinals

I think we may have found the secret billionaire. This guy owns the Cardinals!

redmod79
01-11-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm a Rays fan. I would be partial to the Marlins in the NL East, but I don't care for the direction they are going this year. They will be tough at times, but will be (un)surprisingly mediocre for the year.

89five.o
01-11-2012, 10:06 PM

I'm sorry. At least Wrigley field is nice. Go White Sox! ; ) Hope he gets a reply though that would be cool.

KramerDSP
01-11-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm tempted to report you for that video, I remember exactly where I was and what i was doing when that happened......#FACEPALM

Same here. I remember exactly where all of my friends were sitting and what our reactions were. Joe effin Carter.

thehungarian
01-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Brewers. That is all.

J_White
01-11-2012, 11:00 PM
i dont think most Romney supporters care or have deeply thought about issues. they are voting for good hair !
if they do come into a discussion, they would probably just regurgitate the oft repeated media sound bytes !
good luck though.

Nirvikalpa
01-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Flyers, Ravens, Mets? What's the NBA team? Lakers? :D

Naw, I really dislike the NBA :p I am just an eclectic person... :D ;)

nf7mate
01-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Bah, Phils stole Cliff Lee from my team. Good luck though.

Go Rangers! I just met Tom Grieve and Jim Sundberg today.

dbill27
01-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Are u guys friends on fb or something? How did he see a video on your wall?

John F Kennedy III
01-11-2012, 11:21 PM

The Phillies signed Papelbon? Awful decision. Oh and life long SF Giants fan here :)

John F Kennedy III
01-11-2012, 11:24 PM

Cubs? You poor, poor man.

John F Kennedy III
01-11-2012, 11:27 PM

Albert and Tony left. Unless Big Mac comes out of retirement I don't see the Cardinals doing much.

John F Kennedy III
01-11-2012, 11:29 PM
:toady: Nationals fan here :toady: now all we need is a Marlins fan to complete the NL East...

Sign Fielder.

GeorgiaAvenger
01-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Albert and Tony left. Unless Big Mac comes out of retirement I don't see the Cardinals doing much.

They lost Pujols but signed Carlos Beltran. They still have Berkman, Holliday, and a healthy Freese.

Also, they get Rafael Furcal for a full year. And Adam Wainwright is coming back, and he is a top 5 starter.

The Cards are also rumored to be eying Oswalt

palm
01-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Baseball completely sucks. Running around a square for 90+ minutes, that definitively is an American pastime. I'll take MMA any day.

Also they may be a fake account, why would he become you friend?

John F Kennedy III
01-12-2012, 12:56 AM
They lost Pujols but signed Carlos Beltran. They still have Berkman, Holliday, and a healthy Freese.

Also, they get Rafael Furcal for a full year. And Adam Wainwright is coming back, and he is a top 5 starter.

The Cards are also rumored to be eying Oswalt

Nice. And with the Reds probably being the only competition for the division.

John F Kennedy III
01-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Baseball completely sucks. Running around a square for 90+ minutes, that definitively is an American pastime. I'll take MMA any day.

MMA is slowly becoming like the rest of sports....the outcome is bought and paid for beforehand.

PauliticsPolitics
01-12-2012, 01:01 AM
White Sox!
QFT

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Diehard rabid O's fan here (complete with paper bag helmet). I am rally ticked because we officially lost our resident Ron Paul supporter to the Rays yesterday.

DealzOnWheelz
01-12-2012, 01:10 AM

I think it's just a fan page after doing some research. I love MMA, I've been to 5 different UFC payperviews.....Does anyone think we could get a Chael Sonnen endorsement?? he's republican & he is absolutely hilarious & gets a lot of press

Mark37snj
01-12-2012, 01:55 AM

The Cubs, I thought they got sent down to the minor league. :D

South Jersey here, GO PHILLIES!!!

John F Kennedy III
01-12-2012, 02:04 AM
I think it's just a fan page after doing some research. I love MMA, I've been to 5 different UFC payperviews.....Does anyone think we could get a Chael Sonnen endorsement?? he's republican & he is absolutely hilarious & gets a lot of press

That would be amazing. I love MMA and Sonnen is one of my favorite fighters.

John F Kennedy III
01-12-2012, 02:06 AM
The Cubs, I thought they got sent down to the minor league. :D

South Jersey here, GO PHILLIES!!!

The minor leagues didn't want them :p

DealzOnWheelz
01-12-2012, 04:13 AM
The minor leagues didn't want them :p

QFT

along with the mets

Captain Shays
01-12-2012, 08:13 AM

Cubs fan? My deepest condolences.

Go PHILLIES. PHILLIES FOR RON PAUL

kpitcher
01-12-2012, 08:31 AM
You too? Glad we won't have to wait over 100 years to be on the winning side with Ron!