PDA

View Full Version : Freedom to Fascism: UPDATE

SwordOfShannarah
11-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Due to the opinion poll I have decided to take down the movie and in it's place I've put very well made, very factual documentary on the Federal Reserve. It will be at the bottom of the page. I'm definitely keeping this movie because I do want this site to educate those who seek education. It's crucial for our country that people find out about and understand what the Federal reserve is. This is Ron Paul's position so even if some here disagree that the Fed is bad Ron Paul overrides your opinion. This film is not conspiratorial in anyway, only factual.

I do want to say I think Aarron Russo is the greatest. He showed a courage few of us will ever have and it's quite possible he paid the ultimate price for it.

After this donation event perhaps those of us who like the film can band together and create a huge push for the film online. It's much more effective if 1,000 people are marketing an idea as one, rather than 1,000 people doing it on their own at different times.

NinjaPirate
11-10-2007, 10:53 AM
How about putting it on an "overflow" video page, like the one you made for November 5th? It'll be "out of sight" but can be found by those who want more information.

Wayne Hammond
11-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Due to the opinion poll I have decided to take down the movie and in it's place I've put very well made, very factual documentary on the Federal Reserve. It will be at the bottom of the page. I'm definitely keeping this movie because I do want this site to educate those who seek education. It's crucial for our country that people find out about and understand what the Federal reserve is. This is Ron Paul's position so even if some here disagree that the Fed is bad Ron Paul overrides your opinion. This film is not conspiratorial in anyway, only factual.

I do want to say I think Aarron Russo is the greatest. He showed a courage few of us will ever have and it's quite possible he paid the ultimate price for it.

Good decision, Trevor. I agree with most everything in Aaron Russo's film, but it could be a bit over-the-top for "newbies" to our movement. I like the video on the Fed - excellent choice - and a good way to introduce the concept of fiat money without turning people off.

THANK GOD we have you here, Trevor (and you too, Nathaniel!)... and I really mean that. You guys have shown the true spirit of this grassroots movement in everything you've done thus far. You make me proud to be an American this election season.

Energy
11-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Good choice on the Federal Reserve video replacement. More people really need to understand this amorphous Federal Reserve they keep hearing about but have zero clue what it is.

Thanks for listening man. Russo's film is good but is out-of-place on teapary07, even on a second video page, for all the reasons mentioned.

Seattle4RonPaul
11-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks so much for including "Ron Paul - a New Hope" video "classic" in your Tea Party 07!!! It's an excellent introduction to Ron Paul for those who have never heard of him. It's uplifting, informational, main stream enough, and has great music (love that Simon and Garfunkel song!).
I have friends that have never heard of RP and I'm introducing them to Ron Paul. But I have to take baby steps with them and that video does that job.
Thanks, Trevor!

FreeTraveler
11-10-2007, 03:28 PM
This is such an effective recruiting tool, it's great to see it take an important spot on the page.

Now, one more suggestion. Replace the current tea party video with this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-3M2D3V94M). It's much more uplifting and should play better than burned babies with the mainstream.

This site is rapidly becoming a tool we can send any concerned citizen to, with the best possible chance of gaining an email address in the registry and a supporter on the street.

sroll2237
11-10-2007, 04:13 PM
This is such an effective recruiting tool, it's great to see it take an important spot on the page.

Now, one more suggestion. Replace the current tea party video with this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-3M2D3V94M). It's much more uplifting and should play better than burned babies with the mainstream.

This site is rapidly becoming a tool we can send any concerned citizen to, with the best possible chance of gaining an email address in the registry and a supporter on the street.

I agree, that video is much better.

MozoVote
11-10-2007, 04:20 PM
I think the current video is good, as well as that more Christmas themed one. Hopefully we can come up with a solution of "lead video" - with some thumbnail links or buttons to other good ones.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
11-10-2007, 04:43 PM
nice choice.. though I'd really like to see on there the Ass-Whippin' RP gave Chairman Bernanke the other day.

wisconsinite
11-10-2007, 04:56 PM
I enjoyed watching the new FED video, found it very educational.

I'm also gonna add my voice to the call to switch the Boston Tea Party video to this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-3M2D3V94M

manny
11-10-2007, 05:04 PM
I enjoyed watching the new FED video, found it very educational.

I'm also gonna add my voice to the call to switch the Boston Tea Party video to this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-3M2D3V94M

+1

Or both! :p

Menthol Patch
11-10-2007, 05:22 PM
When is TRUTH over the top?

Menthol Patch
11-10-2007, 05:53 PM
I will repeat myself. When is TRUTH over the top?

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
11-10-2007, 06:15 PM

What is the Truth? Do you have a monopoly on it? A video doesn't prove anything.

And some people want to remain slaves. Respect that, and work on making yourself free instead of projecting your desires on everyone else.

Visual
11-10-2007, 06:56 PM

"And what is 'truth'? Is truth unchanging law? We both have truths. Are mine the same as yours? " -Judas, Jesus Christ Superstar

justinc.1089
11-10-2007, 06:57 PM

After this donation event perhaps those of us who like the film can band together and create a huge push for the film online. It's much more effective if 1,000 people are marketing an idea as one, rather than 1,000 people doing it on their own at different times.

Good decision, I think it really shows a lot of your character to be for something but then decide against it to respect the majority. And compromising is probably an ever better solution because both sides usually see something the other is missing.

Jobarra
11-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Excellent decision. The FED video is very informational and doesn't push its values. Seems almost like something that would be on PBS :D.

And thank you again Trevor for working on the webpage. Thanks to all for all the great videos and graphics. Even the... *shudder* Liber-tea graphics :P

Really thinking I want to sign up to the Mises institute. Funny that I had never really heard of it before but it's in my state :/

Flirple
11-10-2007, 09:33 PM

Thank you so much Sword. The Mises video is perfect. Especially since you have shorter videos on the site as well. Perfect.