PDA

View Full Version : Good day at work for Ron Paul and I.

JMO
11-10-2007, 10:29 AM
At the place I work I am a truck expeditor, so I see many people for short periods of time.

The night starts with me seeing a regular driver(I had mentioned for weeks Ron Paul too him but he just laughed about Ron Paul) I talk politics, a 2nd driver joins our conversation that I never talk politics. The first driver responds to the conversation by saying that will all change when Ron Paul is elected president. the 2rd driver pumps his arm when he hears that and says "that's my guy". I am surprised because the 1st driver had led me to believe no way he was voting for Ron Paul. I asked him when did he decide to switch, he said about 2 weeks ago and my Dad is also going to vote for him. he said however his Wife was voting for Hilary. I asked the other driver and he said he never heard of Ron Paul, but he was getting spam in his emails from people he did not know trying to get people to vote for Ron Paul, so he decided to check him out on Youtube and was impressed with what Ron said.

I am pretty excited that 3 of us were voting for Ron Paul, and I like to feel I contributed a little bit to 1 of them voting for Ron Paul. the driver who was pumping his fist had a basic idea about Ron Paul but didn't know a lot about him, so I had some printouts of Ron Paul stuff and let him read it. he was a little more excited after reading more about Ron Paul. another co worker walked in and the driver asks her "who you voting for in the election" she said " I am unsure but probably Hilary." he laughed and said "Hilary, you got to vote for Ron Paul." she said "Ron Paul, I never heard of him." the driver says, "Jim, tell her about Ron Paul." so I told her a little about him and she said. "that would be great, but it will never happen." I said "A lot of people feel that way, but if we as a individual continue to vote that way, then nothing will ever change. you have to step up and vote for what's right and everyone must step up and vote for whats right, or we will continue to fail." I gave her the Ron Paul literature I had on me and she said she will talk to her father who is a Republican and check out Ron Paul on the internet.

Meanwhile someone I goto lunch with said he will vote for Ron Paul if he wins the primary and doesn't run against Dennis Kucinich. I said "then I can count on your vote."

In Summary , it's people like you guys who send emails out to others you don't know converted 1 voter into a Ron Paul voter. my chatting with others domino into 2 third parties either voting for Ron Paul, or considering Ron Paul. there is a domino effect here. I have never campaigned in anyway for any candidate in my life, but i feel that Ron Paul must win this election, and while I won't shove Ron Paul down anyones throat, I want people to be aware of his existence, and if they are open to learn more I have educated myself enough about Ron Paul to teach people who nothing about him enough to make a informed decision.

One other note. i keep a copy of the letter that Peter Schiff wrote. your average every day person have never heard of him, so I copied his credentials at the top of the letter. it's a very powerful letter and has a effect on people. I highly recommend anyone that carries Ron Paul literature to do the same.

Well thanks for listening to my lengthy story, I hope it did enough to keep you interested.

BIG_J
11-10-2007, 10:35 AM
JMO! That is so awesome; and I totally agree that the Schiff letter is awesome; for a lot of reasons; but most importantly that guy is seriously laying his butt on the line in front of 60,000 people he does business with.

I seriously can't imagine EMailing ALL of my Co-workers that email.

The guy has some serious balls; and it's just one more tool we can use to show people that Ron does have support!

Great work talking to those people!

0zzy
11-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Truckers for Ron Paul!

Man I hate it when people say "it can't happen".:rolleyes:

CoreyBowen999
11-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Truckers for Ron Paul!

Man I hate it when people say "it can't happen".:rolleyes:

Agreed. Thanks for the story. Every day I need my daily dose of these nice RP stories

JMO
11-10-2007, 10:45 AM
JMO! That is so awesome; and I totally agree that the Schiff letter is awesome; for a lot of reasons; but most importantly that guy is seriously laying his butt on the line in front of 60,000 people he does business with.

I seriously can't imagine EMailing ALL of my Co-workers that email.

The guy has some serious balls; and it's just one more tool we can use to show people that Ron does have support!

Great work talking to those people!

To me it's obvious. Ron Paul is catching on. when I talk to people who have never heard of Ron Paul their eyes light up. the message Ron Paul gives is powerful. where I have to overcome is the immediate negative attitude they have of Ron Paul will never get elected because of our corrupt system, they feel that in some way the powers to be will never let him be president. I keep hammering that the system must change from the bottom, we must send a strong message with the only way we can, and that is our vote. if we elect this man with overwhelming support they will not be able to suppress us.

You and I can make a difference, even if its spreading the word, anything you can do will help. I think it's great how some of you are able to give 300% towards electing Ron Paul, some of you have sacrificed more than any 1 person can imagine. however some of us can't ,or won't do that, and the least we can do is give our vote, and let others know that their is a better way. that we don't have to live with the current system because it's shoved down our throat. the time to make a difference is now, and it's time to step up and at least do the little things, because if i get 1 person to vote for Ron Paul, and that person gets 1 person to vote for Ron Paul then we can change the world for the better.

Libertarian
11-10-2007, 10:47 AM
This is exactly what it takes folks...persistence...getting the word out one person at a time.

And when you can't talk to everyone in a room, leave a few of these by the door on your way out ;)

http://www.ronpaul2008store.com/servlet/Categories?category=Slim+Jims

BIG_J
11-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Oh yeah, I've been leaving the freedom cards at every place I eat; along with a note saying if you want tax free tips vote for this guy!

manny
11-10-2007, 11:08 AM
This is exactly what it takes folks...persistence...getting the word out one person at a time.

And when you can't talk to everyone in a room, leave a few of these by the door on your way out ;)

http://www.ronpaul2008store.com/servlet/Categories?category=Slim+Jims

Calvin Coolidge:

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Well done JMO!! :D:)

me3
11-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Remember to ask these people to vote in the primary. A lot of people might think they don't need to support Dr. Paul until the general, but the primary at this point is where we need tangible on the ground votes and support.

Goldwater Conservative
11-10-2007, 12:31 PM
I love those guys. They're the cowboys of our time.

Nate K
11-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Remember to ask these people to vote in the primary. A lot of people might think they don't need to support Dr. Paul until the general, but the primary at this point is where we need tangible on the ground votes and support.

that point needs to be emphasized more. DO NOT WAIT TILL THE GENERAL ELECTION. the primary is our only obstacle.

ItsTime
11-10-2007, 02:21 PM
A lot of people over look that fact.

Great story I love hearing it! These types of things are always happening to me here in New Hampshire. I cant count the number of times I was a store and came across people already in a conversation about Ron Paul!