PDA

View Full Version : So... does this mean Ron will be center-stage with Mitt at the next debate?

toast
01-11-2012, 01:53 PM
So... does this mean Ron will be center-stage with Mitt at the next debate? ;)

There are still 6 in the race. I suppose Santorum might still be next to Mitt (on account of Iowa and people assuming he'll do well in South Carolina), or Newt if they surge him once more. But we all know it should be Ron.

As an aside, when they're all up there next to Ron, talking their BS talk, while Ron speaks sincerely without a fake, programmed bone in his body, I can't help but think that deep down, there must come feelings of envy from at least some of the other candidates. They wish they could do what Ron does. But they're too locked in now to being what they've spent their lives building themselves into. Soulless men and suits for hire.

hueylong
01-11-2012, 01:54 PM
A very good question...

Brick-in-the-Wall
01-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Yes he should be center stage.

In reality he'll still be on the edges.

FreeTraveler
01-11-2012, 01:58 PM
They'll probably use the most recent South Carolina poll before the debates to decide the order. I think that's what they've regularly done. So poll standing will decide.

Blue
01-11-2012, 01:59 PM
They'll probably use the most recent South Carolina poll before the debates to decide the order. I think that's what they've regularly done. So poll standing will decide.

For the N.H. debates over the weekend, Santorum and Romney were in the middle even though Santorum was polling no higher than 4th place in the state.

Original_Intent
01-11-2012, 02:03 PM
No, on the Sunday morning debate Ron had center with Mitt.

If I recall correctly it was Huntsman Santorum Mitt Ron Gingrich Perry. I was pretty excited about it.

musicmax
01-11-2012, 02:15 PM
No, on the Sunday morning debate Ron had center with Mitt.

If I recall correctly it was Huntsman Santorum Mitt Ron Gingrich Perry. I was pretty excited about it.

You remember correctly :-)

http://www.ology.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/post-image/meet_the_press_debate__23782.jpg

cdw
01-11-2012, 02:20 PM
I think they'll go by national polling average, at least when it comes to Ron. So if he gets a burst from his strong showing in N.H. and surpasses Frothy and Newt over the coming days, he should be center stage.

evilfunnystuff
01-11-2012, 05:41 PM
As an aside, when they're all up there next to Ron, talking their BS talk, while Ron speaks sincerely without a fake, programmed bone in his body, I can't help but think that deep down, there must come feelings of envy from at least some of the other candidates. They wish they could do what Ron does. But they're too locked in now to being what they've spent their lives building themselves into. Soulless men and suits for hire.

It wouldn't suprise me.

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country.
A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit.
Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation,
therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men.
We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely
controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world.
No longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by
conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by
the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."

Agorism
01-11-2012, 05:44 PM

They didn't do that in the NH debates. Romney was center stage along with Newt or Santorum or Huntsman. I forget, but Ron was in the 3 and 4 man position even though he was a clear second in all NH polling.

Agorism
01-11-2012, 05:46 PM
You remember correctly :-)

http://www.ology.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/post-image/meet_the_press_debate__23782.jpg
Not the Saturday one that I watched.

1stAmendguy
01-11-2012, 05:47 PM
The bias would be to obvious at this point to exclude Ron from center stage at the next debate.