PDA

View Full Version : DeMint and Palin

BLS
01-11-2012, 01:36 PM
aren't going to endorse us. I know why.

They are damage control. They can see the writing on the wall.
If the Republicans want to beat Obama with Romney (who the Establishment clearly wants as the Nominee) then they MUST get OUR votes.

DeMint and Palin are trying to be "bridge-makers" with us.

I don't trust either of em.

Ronulus
01-11-2012, 01:37 PM
And you really think they can persuade us to vote for Romney, when Ron himself would have a hard time convincing us?

nasaal
01-11-2012, 01:38 PM
And you really think they can persuade us to vote for Romney, when Ron himself would have a hard time convincing us?
She isn't after "us" she is after the people who support Paul because he is the best candidate, but would vote for someone else if he weren't there.

MsDoodahs
01-11-2012, 01:38 PM
WE don't think they can persuade us, but THEY think they can.

They've obviously never talked to any of us.

Agorism
01-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Some just stroke Paul's ego a bit so they think this will get him to back Romney and not endorse third party again (or run third etc.)

They want his votes not his views.

BLS
01-11-2012, 01:40 PM

Agreed...but it's all damage control. We're gonna have to roll up our sleeves and be willing to get into the pit with these folks.

BLS
01-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Some just stroke Paul's ego a bit so they think this will get him to back Romney and not endorse third party again (or run third etc.)

They want his votes not his views.

Agreed!

AuH20
01-11-2012, 01:42 PM
DeMint is aligned against the GOP. He's been fighting against them for the last three years with the SCF. Palin is too wily to pin down, but her associations with McCain are still troublesome.

Intoxiklown
01-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Has anyone considered they are looking at a possible voter base for a future election for themselves????

blazeKing
01-11-2012, 01:46 PM
They can try but they'll never persuade me to vote for Romneybama

RDM
01-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Of course Palin is not going to endorse us. Her husband just came out and endorsed Gingrich. You know what the subject is at the Palin dinner table. As far as DeMint, he has made it very clear he will not be endorsing anyone. As far as the Palin's, the only reason Sarah did not come out and endorse Gingrich is for money reasons. She is protecting her income sources, so I do not expect a outright endorsement from her for any candidate.

Other OP is correct about everyone going to jump on the bandwagon and try to appease Ron Paul supporters. Whoever falls into this trap gives a "win" to the "establishment", just like the Neo-cons that hi-jacked the Tea Party. Everyone stand your ground if we expect to win this battle.

Captain Shays
01-11-2012, 01:48 PM
You could be right and that is why we need to keep hammering our NO ONE BUT PAUL message. I wish the campaign would pick up on it too if it wasn't too risky. But if the establishment knew we could force them into a choice and at the very least they would stop asking Ron Paul in every interview if he plans to run as a third party candidate.
My message is this. He doesn't need to run as a third party candidate and the establishment can take their threats to ruin Rand Paul forever if his father does that because WE WILL DO IT FOR HIM. Let them blame ME because as God knows they are totally incapable of accepting the blame for where it should go. To THEMSELVES for not supporting the clearest contrast to Obama and his policies in THE most principled man to ever run for the office of president

Jack Bauer
01-11-2012, 01:48 PM

Because they are COWARDS .

mosquitobite
01-11-2012, 01:51 PM
They are both pandering.

I trust DeMint more than I trust Palin, but both just want to keep the tea partiers appeased.

BLS
01-11-2012, 01:53 PM
You could be right and that is why we need to keep hammering our NO ONE BUT PAUL message. I wish the campaign would pick up on it too if it wasn't too risky. But if the establishment knew we could force them into a choice and at the very least they would stop asking Ron Paul in every interview if he plans to run as a third party candidate.
My message is this. He doesn't need to run as a third party candidate and the establishment can take their threats to ruin Rand Paul forever if his father does that because WE WILL DO IT FOR HIM. Let them blame ME because as God knows they are totally incapable of accepting the blame for where it should go. To THEMSELVES for not supporting the clearest contrast to Obama and his policies in THE most principled man to ever run for the office of president

Honestly, I think we could strongarm the GOP if we wanted to.
We could simply say 'nominate Paul and get behind him, or we're taking our votes home with us; virtually guaranteeing an Obama victory'.

SonofThunder
01-11-2012, 01:56 PM

If the Republicans want to beat Obama with Romney (who the Establishment clearly wants as the Nominee) then they MUST get OUR votes.

I don't trust either of em.I think Palin is going to endorse Santorum in the next week or so. Last night i heard her say some nonsense that we have to make sure we stimulate manufacturing jobs - and that's right down ol Santorum's lubed up alley.

RDM
01-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Honestly, I think we could strongarm the GOP if we wanted to.
We could simply say 'nominate Paul and get behind him, or we're taking our votes home with us; virtually guaranteeing an Obama victory'.

You will not hear any "establishment" come out in public and say it, but they know we hold the "power" in this election if we ALL band together. They are scared in more ways than you can shake a stick. We have the power to tear down in one year, what they built up over 3 or 4 decades. The greed, money and corruption is all at stake and the "riches" that have made many "millionaire" politicians literally overnight.

Indiana4Paul
01-11-2012, 02:01 PM

And that is fine. While not endorsing Dr. Paul, they are endorsing his ideas, at least some of them.

As long as they don't endorse someone else, we're in good shape here.

agorist ninja
01-11-2012, 02:05 PM
People will say anything to gain, or maintain, power. Both of them were instrumental in the co-opting of the Tea Party by GOP establishment.

Don't believe a word either of these two say.

BLS
01-11-2012, 02:09 PM
And that is fine. While not endorsing Dr. Paul, they are endorsing his ideas, at least some of them.

As long as they don't endorse someone else, we're in good shape here.

Cannot disagree. I just am not holding out any hope. If there's anything I've learned about those who hate (and FEAR) Ron Paul is they'll do ANYTHING to marginalize him.

Anything.

cajuncocoa
01-11-2012, 02:09 PM
I think too many people here give Sarah Palin more credibility than she deserves....but that's just me.

freneticentropy
01-11-2012, 02:10 PM
You will not hear any "establishment" come out in public and say it, but they know we hold the "power" in this election if we ALL band together. They are scared in more ways than you can shake a stick. We have the power to tear down in one year, what they built up over 3 or 4 decades. The greed, money and corruption is all at stake and the "riches" that have made many "millionaire" politicians literally overnight.

The establishment is not that worried. They're fine with an Obama win. The GOP will just blame the loss on Paul and his whacky supporters, and go right back to railing against Obama while supporting his agenda and collecting donations.

cdw
01-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Because they are COWARDS .
/thread.

For all the accomplishments of Demint and Palin, they are nothing more than followers who lack the character and courage necessary to come out and support the only candidate they very well damn know can lead this country back to it's promise. Going to dinners with Paul and bs'ing with him behind the scenes is the easy part and doesn't impress me Demint. Standing in front of a camera and telling the rest of the world that you are firmly with Ron in the race to the White House is something else and takes a fortitude that neither he or Palin has. Prove me wrong Demint and Palin.

evilfunnystuff
01-11-2012, 05:50 PM
If they start tryin to steer paul voters the opposition research will be the toughest they have ever encountered , and us diehards will wage a NOBP campaign impossible to ignore.

Would be a very foolish move on their part IMHO

trey4sports
01-11-2012, 05:53 PM

I don't trust either of em.

This is 100% right on. It's not a bad thing that this isn't a genuine about-face on their part but it is the fact that our base is growing so much that they are now FORCED to give us a seat at the table.

thoughtomator
01-11-2012, 05:57 PM
The deal with Palin and DeMint is that they can only earn our respect by endorsing Ron Paul. Any other endorsement - or a failure to endorse - is an endorsement of the failed status quo. If they think they are going to build a bridge to us and then endorse someone else they have another think coming.

thoughtomator
01-11-2012, 05:58 PM
This is 100% right on. It's not a bad thing that this isn't a genuine about-face on their part but it is the fact that our base is growing so much that they are now FORCED to give us a seat at the table.

A seat at the table only to get perpetually outvoted again is insufficient to keep our faction in the GOP - or to keep America from being a full-blown fascist state. If it were up to me - no deal. We call the shots or we don't sit at that table.

opinionatedfool
01-11-2012, 05:59 PM

True that!

alucard13mmfmj
01-11-2012, 06:09 PM
I think Palin is going to endorse Santorum in the next week or so. Last night i heard her say some nonsense that we have to make sure we stimulate manufacturing jobs - and that's right down ol Santorum's lubed up alley.

i guess the plan is to keep the other candidates in the race as long as possible to dilute Ron's support =|...

CaptainAmerica
01-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Palin and Demint can't be damage control.

We are damage control...RON PAUL or no one at all!