PDA

View Full Version : U.S. MARINES To Investigate Video of Soldiers Urinating on Corpses

Agorism
01-11-2012, 01:32 PM
U.S. MARINES To Investigate Video of Soldiers Urinating on Corpses

http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/11/u-s-marines-investigating-video-urinating-taliban/#.Tw3jPmDB59A

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2012/01/11/0111-soldiers-ex-02.jpg

The United States Marine Corps is launching an investigation into a video which appears to show Marines in full combat gear urinating on several dead bodies ... TMZ has learned.

In the extremely graphic video, which appeared on various websites this morning, at least 4 male Marines expose their genitals and urinate on the bodies.

The mystery person who posted the video included a caption that reads, "scout sniper team 4 with 3rd battalion 2nd marines out of camp lejeune peeing on dead talibans."

Now, Captain Kendra N. Hardesty -- a Media Officer for the USMC -- tells us, "While we have not yet verified the origin or authenticity of this video, the actions portrayed are not consistent with our core values and are not indicative of the character of the Marines in our Corps."

She adds, "This matter will be fully investigated and those responsible will be held accountable for their actions."

In the video, one of the urinating men can be heard saying, "Have a great day, buddy."

Another guy jokes about the situation ... saying, "Golden like a shower."

roho76
01-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Now, Captain Kendra N. Hardesty -- a Media Officer for the USMC -- tells us, "While we have not yet verified the origin or authenticity of this video, the actions portrayed are not consistent with our core values and are not indicative of the character of the Marines in our Corps."

Translation: We only kill them, we don't pee on them. That costs extra.

Pericles
01-11-2012, 02:22 PM
We used to teach and enforce the Geneva Conventions. It seems that went the way of the "ulawful combatant" - whatever that is.

Uriel999
01-11-2012, 03:07 PM
As a Marine I find this despicable. We hold ourselves to a higher standard. Believe me these Marines actions will not go unpunished. We are not talking page 11 or NJP here but court Marshall territory. Don't judge us by a few bad seeds. Every organization is going to have shitbags, and quite frankly this is the ultimate in shitbaggery.

PatriotOne
01-11-2012, 03:21 PM
They are just watering the seeds of democracy they are spreading throughout the world.

jkr
01-11-2012, 03:26 PM
my hero's
/ sarc

moderate libertarian
01-11-2012, 03:44 PM
We used to teach and enforce the Geneva Conventions. It seems that went the way of the "ulawful combatant" - whatever that is.

And unteach any excessive revenge, racial tendencies when detected in some bad apples during freedom training. Obama seems tied up with WH/Michelle-Gibbs obscenities scandal and reelection games, he is his masters are the ones who put young kids needlessly in a dangerous situation where sometime they can lose sanitry when they see body parts of their friends blown apart. Abu Ghraib cost tax payers in trillions of dollars, this is probably few hundred billions dollars in additional costs. If it is in MSM, it almost certainly means that it was already circulating in Afghanistan and fueling insurgency.

http://www.caerdroia.org/blog/pic11962_1.jpg

On a related note, following was in news yesterday, Amazing that the accused thinks nothing wrong that civilians, women and children were killed:

Squad mate testifies about Iraq assault that led to criminal case against Marine squad leader

By Associated Press,
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. — A former squad mate of a Marine implicated in the deaths of 19 Iraqis testified Tuesday that after a roadside bombing, the group raced to nearby homes, firing rounds and tossing grenades for 45 minutes, even though he said the Marines did not take gunfire, come across a single insurgent or find a weapon.

Still, former Cpl. Steven Tatum told a military jury at Camp Pendleton that he felt the squad did nothing wrong that day in the town of Haditha in 2005, when Marines killed 24 Iraqis, including unarmed women and children.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/military-investigators-marine-told-squad-in-iraq-war-to-shoot-first-ask-questions-later/2012/01/10/gIQAYTGTnP_story.html

olehounddog
01-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Wolf talkin about it now.

Agorism
01-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Is that the Bin Laden photo we have been waiting to see?

olehounddog
01-11-2012, 04:35 PM
We can see dead bodies and urine streams hitting the dead bodies, but penises are too vile and ugly to be seen.

AGRP
01-11-2012, 04:39 PM
They attack us because we're free and rich!

bunklocoempire
01-11-2012, 04:44 PM
We all have our own ways of getting through our day. A normal reaction to an abnormal situation IMO. :(

MrTudo
01-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Power of "pride" huh and don't forget they hate us for our freedom and prosperity.

MrTudo
01-11-2012, 04:58 PM
As a Marine I find this despicable. We hold ourselves to a higher standard. Believe me these Marines actions will not go unpunished. We are not talking page 11 or NJP here but court Marshall territory. Don't judge us by a few bad seeds. Every organization is going to have shitbags, and quite frankly this is the ultimate in shitbaggery.

Which part is despicable? Occupying a country that has never attacked us thereby going against the very oath that was taken or peeing on dead men that these "guardians of our freedom" killed?

MrTudo
01-11-2012, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=moderate libertarian;4009559]And unteach any excessive revenge, racial tendencies when detected in some bad apples during freedom training. Obama seems tied up with WH/Michelle-Gibbs obscenities scandal and reelection games, he is his masters are the ones who put young kids needlessly in a dangerous situation where sometime they can lose sanitry when they see body parts of their friends blown apart. Abu Ghraib cost tax payers in trillions of dollars, this is probably few hundred billions dollars in additional costs. If it is in MSM, it almost certainly means that it was already circulating in Afghanistan and fueling insurgency.

Just a few shitbags right? They all joined right?

Right

A few good scumbag traitors

GunnyFreedom
01-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Which part is despicable? Occupying a country that has never attacked us thereby going against the very oath that was taken or peeing on dead men that these "guardians of our freedom" killed?

It's all despicable, but only part of it did these individual men have any control over.

GunnyFreedom
01-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Just a few shitbags right? They all joined right?

Right

A few good scumbag traitors

lmao with friends like these who needs enemas?

Uriel999
01-11-2012, 05:52 PM
lmao with friends like these who needs enemas?

It's a shame I can't give you more rep points right now! I gotta spread the love more first!

Diurdi
01-11-2012, 06:06 PM
To be honest, if I was out there fighting them and being scared shitless month after month, I could possibly do the exact same thing. I wouldn't videotape it though.

Not saying it's alright, but I can understand... or I guess I can't because I've never actually been there.

QueenB4Liberty
01-11-2012, 06:08 PM
This is just disgusting! :(

lib3rtarian
01-11-2012, 06:09 PM
http://www.kurir-info.rs/static/imgs/article_thumbs/632x474/uploads/2012-01/134046.jpg

moderate libertarian
01-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Video is spreading all over the net and youtube. Obama or Panetta needs to fly to Afghanistan, this video could revive Afghan insurgency like Abu Ghraib photos did in Iraq and many more Marines/troops could get killed/maimed if they stayed in this mess. There is another shocking trend, 3 incidences in last 2 weeaks of Afghan soldiers opening fire/killing foreign troops.

WASHINGTON | Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:08am EST

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta on Thursday condemned a video that apparently shows U.S. Marines urinating on the corpses of Afghan men, promising to punish those involved.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/12/us-usa-afghanistan-marines-idUSTRE80B16F20120112

This is top news now on google, BBC and other sites, strange that Drudge has decided to not cover it.

oyarde
01-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Desecration of a corpse is against the rules.There should be a rule against stupidity . If you worked for me and did this and filmed it , purely on the basis you were dumb enough to film it would make me try to find another line of work for you .

Revolution9
01-12-2012, 12:26 PM
We can see dead bodies and urine streams hitting the dead bodies, but penises are too vile and ugly to be seen.

#presscorpse

hth
Rev9

Brian4Liberty
01-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Video is spreading all over the net and youtube. Obama or Panetta needs to fly to Afghanistan, this video could revive Afghan insurgency like Abu Ghraib photos did in Iraq and many more Marines/troops could get killed/maimed if they stayed in this mess. There is another shocking trend, 3 incidences in last 2 weeaks of Afghan soldiers opening fire/killing foreign troops.

"See, we can't leave Afghanistan right now, it's heating up over there." :rolleyes:

Philhelm
01-12-2012, 12:52 PM

It certainly is despicable, but I'd much rather get pissed on then shot.

Not that I condone the behavior, but I wonder if peeing on a dead body, or a grave for that matter, would be a punishable offense in a libertarian society.

Philhelm
01-12-2012, 12:54 PM
They attack us because we're free and rich!

They hate us for our...peedoms.

Kords21
01-12-2012, 01:05 PM
The only candiate that will come out and defend this is Santorum since he loves war so much. It is pretty dispicable and no good can come to our troops over there over this. Actions have consequences.

123tim
01-12-2012, 01:06 PM

Not that I condone the behavior, but I wonder if peeing on a dead body, or a grave for that matter, would be a punishable offense in a libertarian society.

???:confused:
Seriously?

I'm by no means an expert on Libertarian society, but surely the foundation of freedom must be based on mutual respect.
Yes?

Machiavelli
01-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Graveyard of empires

hrdman2luv
01-12-2012, 01:28 PM
I defense of the soldiers, reguardless of their actions, those that put them in that situation for that period of time, need to be held more responsible. The soldiers, if punished, could be kicked out of the military. But in my view, should be kicked out with full benefits. I don't feel that a prosecution is necessary..

I hope Ron Paul feels the same way. I hope he supports the soldiers and blames the people that put them into this war for all these years.

Philhelm
01-12-2012, 01:29 PM
???:confused:
Seriously?

I'm by no means an expert on Libertarian society, but surely the foundation of freedom must be based on mutual respect.
Yes?

I know the question is kind of out there, but I'm curious as to the answer, or more specifically, the rationale behind the answer. The question isn't asking what kind of behavior is based on mutual respect, but the force of law that would be used in response to such behavior. Assuming no violation of property rights to get to the body, feel free to replace urine with spit, or any other sort of desecration. If I'm dead, and someone spits on me, I don't think that my life, liberty, or property could be violated at that point.

Sorry if the question bothers you.

123tim
01-12-2012, 01:33 PM
I know the question is kind of out there, but I'm curious as to the answer, or more specifically, the rationale behind the answer. The question isn't asking what kind of behavior is based on mutual respect, but the force of law that would be used in response to such behavior. Assuming no violation of property rights to get to the body, feel free to replace urine with spit, or any other sort of desecration. If I'm dead, and someone spits on me, I don't think that my life, liberty, or property could be violated at that point.

Sorry if the question bothers you.

Well, it doesn't bother me now that I see where you're coming from. :)
I won't say that I agree with you, but you do bring up some interesting points.

Thanks for your explanation. I'll be thinking on it.

My apologies for the rather harsh reply that I gave to your previous post.

Philhelm
01-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Well, it doesn't bother me now that I see where you're coming from. :)
I won't say that I agree with you, but you do bring up some interesting points.

Thanks for your explanation. I'll be thinking on it.

My apologies for the rather harsh reply that I gave to your previous post.

No problem. I realize the question was a bit out there, but after stating earlier that I'd rather get pissed on than shot, it made me start thinking about where such an action would fit in the grand scheme of things, according to the libertarian spectrum (To that end, I was careful to make sure to note that no private property was encroached upon in my hypothetical question).

donnay
01-12-2012, 01:41 PM
These same guys, if they make it home, will be in uniform fighting crime on the streets of America. <Sarcasm>

flightlesskiwi
01-12-2012, 01:48 PM
No problem. I realize the question was a bit out there, but after stating earlier that I'd rather get pissed on than shot, it made me start thinking about where such an action would fit in the grand scheme of things, according to the libertarian spectrum (To that end, I was careful to make sure to note that no private property was encroached upon in my hypothetical question).

just throwing this out there... what about the line of thinking that the body, after death, becomes the responsibility (property) of the family-- to dispose of or whatever. and people that have a last will and testament that states how (and who) they want their remains to be handled (by) and that does NOT include anyone peeing on their body, is peeing on their body a contractual offense?

the above image is certainly a picture of men behaving in a dishonorable manner.

Philhelm
01-12-2012, 01:56 PM
just throwing this out there... what about the line of thinking that the body, after death, becomes the responsibility (property) of the family-- to dispose of or whatever. and people that have a last will and testament that states how (and who) they want their remains to be handled (by) and that does NOT include anyone peeing on their body, is peeing on their body a contractual offense?

I can accept that, especially if the body is in the custody of the family, or whomever. However, what if someone were to come across a stray body? What if it were a skeleton? What if it were a skeleton that was 200 years old? So, essentially, what if there were no claim to the body?

the above image is certainly a picture of men behaving in a dishonorable manner.

I'm not asking this question because I condone the behavior, just as Ron Paul does not condone certain behaviors, despite not wishing to make them illegal. Dishonorable doesn't necessarily equate to illegal (like adultery, for instance), so that's not the question. If one were to urinate (or do whatever) to an unclaimed body that is not on private property, what level of government force should be used, if at all? After all, if someone gained a reputation for doing such, public humiliation or dismissal from a job could be a just and legal response. Would government force be needed?

Edit: I'm not as educated on libertarian thought as many on here, and I'm just curious what the "libertarian" answer would be. If it helps, forget about the urination part. I suppose the question would be "What rights does a corpse have?"

flightlesskiwi
01-12-2012, 02:02 PM
I can accept that, especially if the body is in the custody of the family, or whomever. However, what if someone were to come across a stray body? What if it were a skeleton? What if it were a skeleton that was 200 years old? So, essentially, what if there were no claim to the body?

I'm not asking this question because I condone the behavior, just as Ron Paul does not condone certain behaviors, despite not wishing to make them illegal. Dishonorable doesn't necessarily equate to illegal (like adultery, for instance), so that's not the question. If one were to urinate (or do whatever) to an unclaimed body that is not on private property, what level of government force should be used, if at all? After all, if someone gained a reputation for doing such, public humiliation or dismissal from a job could be a just and legal response. Would government force be needed?

Edit: I'm not as educated on libertarian thought as many on here, and I'm just curious what the "libertarian" answer would be.

just to clarify, i wasn't attaching my thought that this was dishonorable to my thought of corpse-claiming or whatever a person would call it.

noneedtoaggress
01-12-2012, 02:25 PM
They are just watering the seeds of democracy they are spreading throughout the world.

wow.

noneedtoaggress
01-12-2012, 02:31 PM

A recently deceased corpse would likely be inherited by the family. A 200 year old "unclaimed" corpse that you found, would be available to homestead, as scientists who dig up artifacts to test or display in museums do today.

Brian4Liberty
01-12-2012, 02:38 PM
These same guys, if they make it home, will be in uniform fighting crime on the streets of America. <Sarcasm>

FEMA Camp guards. ;)

noneedtoaggress
01-12-2012, 02:42 PM
"Law Enforcement" are FEMA Camp guards with invisible walls, and the walls are closing in but a lot of people can't see them. ;)

Pericles
01-12-2012, 03:33 PM

I'd report you to the anarchism police for that, if there were any. Which, of course, is exactly the point isn't it?

JK/SEA
01-12-2012, 04:10 PM

Thats what i was i thinking. Gotta get those pre-requisites out of the way if you want to be on SWAT.

Philhelm
01-12-2012, 05:12 PM
I'd report you to the anarchism police for that, if there were any. Which, of course, is exactly the point isn't it?

First I'll turn myself in to the grammar police. What an embarassing use of the word "then" rather than "than." What I meant to say was that "I'd much rather get pissed on than shot," not then shot.

Cutlerzzz
01-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Why would Marines investigate Soldiers peeing on corpses? Shouldn't the Army do that?

Sublyminal
01-12-2012, 05:23 PM

This... these guys and the Marine that threw the puppy off the cliff make us all look bad. If there's one thing Marine respect it's an enemy that fights back, we don't piss on their corpses.

noneedtoaggress
01-12-2012, 05:24 PM

Actually, I'm not sure what the point is. Are you implying that someone who had their property vandalized wouldn't have any recourse in a libertarian society?

tommyzDad
01-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Why would Marines investigate Soldiers peeing on corpses? Shouldn't the Army do that?

They used "U.S. Marines" in the headline to refer to the organization, and "soldiers" instead of "Marines" to refer to the individuals. To the uninitiated Soldiers and Marines are the same. It should read maybe "U.S. Marine Corps to Launch Investigation into Video of Marines Urinating on Corpses."

moonshineplease
01-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Rick Santorums American Exceptionalism at work for ya.