PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh throwing Romney under the bus?

Tunink
01-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Haven't listened to the show, nor will I, but on one of my car forums a poster was saying that Rush threw Mitt under the bus and all but stated all aboard the Ron Paul train?

Confirm?

gosmo
01-11-2012, 11:41 AM
He's pushing Newt and feeling sorry for him due to Romney's harsh attacks.

ohgodno
01-11-2012, 11:44 AM
He's pushing Newt and feeling sorry for him due to Romney's harsh attacks.

yup

agorist ninja
01-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Why on earth would Rush ever promote Ron Paul... Why would you even think such a thing is possible... Why... Why...

Seriously, can we all come together as a borg like unit and agree to stop creating ill-conceived threads? For the benefit of humanity, please.

KingNothing
01-11-2012, 11:45 AM
NEWT!?

BWHAHAHAHA!

Rush is so last century.

Intoxiklown
01-11-2012, 11:46 AM
The day Rush endorses Paul, get your Bible out. Because surely the end is nigh......

mbburch
01-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Limbaugh wrote off Paul early b/c of the foreign policy issue. I don't think Limbaugh has even bothered to look into Paul's record, which is ironic since Paul stands for most of the things Limbaugh claims to support. These neocon idiots will never be convinced; they don't want to be convinced, because that would involve admitting that they were wrong.

TRIGRHAPPY
It would be a cryogenically frozen day in hell when Rush endorses Ron.

aksmith
Haven't listened to the show, nor will I, but on one of my car forums a poster was saying that Rush threw Mitt under the bus and all but stated all aboard the Ron Paul train?

Confirm?

This is one of those popular delusions among us. Rush is a turd. A BIG turd. And he will be the biggest supporter of Mittler the minute he wins the nomination. Just like he bashed McCain and said he could never support him. Then, approximately five seconds after McCain became the nominee, Rush was on board in a big way.

These guys are performing. Nothing more. They are not revolutionaries. They find out what people are going to do, then run ahead and point the way they were already going. Mittler is a terrible person and a terrible candidate. He is so malleable that he got elected in Massachusetts, and so transparent that he would not have been re-elected, even though he did what any Democrat would have done as governor.

Demint won't endorse Ron. Limbaugh will end up being Mitt's biggest fan. And you can pretty much go right down the line with any possible endorsers. They will not endorse Ron. And that's probably a net positive. Who needs those neocon, war loving jackasses to endorse? The only endorsement necessary is by the voters.

Carehn
So Did you all know that Coast to Coast over took Dush Dimbaugh as the top show last year?

Best news all year.

Elwar
01-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Rush wrote off Ron Paul's 2nd place finish in NH as just a bunch of liberal democrats switching over to vote for Ron Paul.

He also said that all of these young supporters just support Ron Paul because they want legalized drugs and an end to our defense.

Havax
01-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Video footage of Rush breaking down and endorsing Ron Paul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s83RoxfwPFg

danielboon
01-11-2012, 11:49 AM

Confirm?

did you mean this Ron Paul Supporter Goes For Rush Limbaugh's Throat Like A Rabid Dog :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SnmcmhjhTuQ

jmdrake
01-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Limbaugh wrote off Paul early b/c of the foreign policy issue. I don't think Limbaugh has even bothered to look into Paul's record, which is ironic since Paul stands for most of the things Limbaugh claims to support. These neocon idiots will never be convinced; they don't want to be convinced, because that would involve admitting that they were wrong.

Rush looked into Ron's record. He clearly said Ron is the only one who "gets it" on economic issues. But Rush hates U.S. soldiers more than he loves the U.S. economy. And yes I meant to say it just like that. Anyone who's wanting to send soldiers off to unnecessary wars does not love or support the troops.

agorist ninja
01-11-2012, 11:50 AM
This is one of those popular delusions among us. Rush is a turd. A BIG turd. And he will be the biggest supporter of Mittler the minute he wins the nomination. Just like he bashed McCain and said he could never support him. Then, approximately five seconds after McCain became the nominee, Rush was on board in a big way.

These guys are performing. Nothing more. They are not revolutionaries. They find out what people are going to do, then run ahead and point the way they were already going. Mittler is a terrible person and a terrible candidate. He is so malleable that he got elected in Massachusetts, and so transparent that he would not have been re-elected, even though he did what any Democrat would have done as governor.

Demint won't endorse Ron. Limbaugh will end up being Mitt's biggest fan. And you can pretty much go right down the line with any possible endorsers. They will not endorse Ron. And that's probably a net positive. Who needs those neocon, war loving jackasses to endorse? The only endorsement necessary is by the voters.
Finally, someone who gets it! Although I would attribute a bit more malevolence to the Rush Limbaugh's of the world. Don't think they're even remotely close to be independent actors.

sailingaway
01-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Why on earth would Rush ever promote Ron Paul... Why would you even think such a thing is possible... Why... Why...

Seriously, can we all come together as a borg like unit and agree to stop creating ill-conceived threads? For the benefit of humanity, please.

You could at least create them in a different forum, the borg unit part being both unlikely and more than vaguely creepy...

ProBlue33
01-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Rush said support of Ron Paul was "Nuts on Parade" a while back.
Maybe Rush is turning politically bi-polar.

Tunink
01-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Tunink View Post
"Did he specifically say that Ron Paul has the conservative vote or was he just alluding to it?"

Stating it not alluding. clearly stated that the repub part needs paul for his conservative votes that are a lock for him. that they need to listen to rp and his voting base.

hes been bitching about romney for a solid 20+minutes about being like obama and ignorant... hahhaha some funny shit i tell you.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441595

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-11-2012, 11:54 AM
If rush could collect enough strength to push himself out of his rolly chair, he could run for president himself!

agorist ninja
01-11-2012, 11:55 AM
You could at least create them in a different forum, the borg unit part being both unlikely and more than vaguely creepy...

Anything will do, really. Just tired of seeing Grassroots cluttered with all of this unhelpful gibberish.

mbburch
01-11-2012, 11:55 AM
But Rush hates U.S. soldiers more than he loves the U.S. economy.

I disagree, slightly. Limbaugh is a genuine guy -- he doesn't hate the troops. He is just too stupid to understand the implications of his own ideas. He truly believes we are over there "defending freedom." He realizes that in wars, people die, but he thinks its a necessary evil to stop the spread of terrorism. Misguided but not intentionally evil.

PastaRocket848
01-11-2012, 11:57 AM
rush is a chickenhawk pillhead blowhard. who would want his support? sure, he has an audience, but it's shrinking, fast. we don't need him on our team. we need to expose him for what he is and take his audience away from him.

Karsten
01-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Rush from day one characterized Mccain as a RINO and threw him under the bus from day one.
A lot of good that did.

acptulsa
01-11-2012, 12:01 PM

All of the neocons carry on about the fiscal stuff that Ron Paul has always supported because it makes them sound conservative even as they promote a foreign policy about as diametrically opposed to the Monroe Doctrine as you can get. And they figure there's no harm in it, because any candidate can sound fiscally conservative before they get in office and proceed to get kickbacks from the pig trough and do nothing but nothing to cut their power and the size of that trough. And they all will, right? Because who can resist that pig trough?

So, now all of these neocon talking brainless heads are screaming about how Iran is going to stick a nuke in your bedroom window tonight, because if they have to talk about fiscal issues they have to admit that they really don't care--they'd rather bankrupt the nation than give up one missile purchase. Surprise surprise.

I think Rush is wishing he had never dissed Romney the first time. After Dubya's success, he didn't expect the Republicans to get wise enough to throw out all of the charismatic morons they were provided with...

Misguided but not intentionally evil.

Hm. Interesting look deep into his allegedly immortal soul. Not sure I believe it, but hey, it sounds good. When he grows outward signs of a conscience, I'll know you were right. No sign of such so far, though.

Kevin Smyth
01-11-2012, 12:06 PM
I disagree, slightly. Limbaugh is a genuine guy -- he doesn't hate the troops. He is just too stupid to understand the implications of his own ideas. He truly believes we are over there "defending freedom." He realizes that in wars, people die, but he thinks its a necessary evil to stop the spread of terrorism. Misguided but not intentionally evil.

He doesn't believe we are defending freedom at all, he's a good friend of William Kristol, he knows we are fighting against Israel's enemies, he just claims it is about freedom because he knows the simple minded in his audience are fooled by such claims.

mbburch
01-11-2012, 12:15 PM
He doesn't believe we are defending freedom at all, he's a good friend of William Kristol, he knows we are fighting against Israel's enemies, he just claims it is about freedom because he knows the simple minded in his audience are fooled by such claims.

Limbaugh thinks on the same level as his audience. He is just as stupid as they are, trust me on this one. I used to be a fan of Rush (many years ago, and I'm ashamed to admit it). It's not some conspiracy where Limbaugh thinks one thing and is paid to say another. He actually believes this stuff. And now that he's on record supporting all these wars, he can never admit that he was wrong - his psyche will not allow it.

And btw, not all neocons are complete idiots. Remember that Tom Woods used to be one. Some of them just have not fully thought through the implications of constant US interventionism.

Voluntary Man
01-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Flush Limpboy.

He's a neocon stooge, and has been for 20 years.

iamse7en
01-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Rush has been critical of Romney this entire cycle. Much prefers Newt, Santorum, or Perry. Rush actually leaned more towards Romney in the '08 cycle.